What was your first concert?

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 05:04 am
@snood,

i was a card-carrying member of the J5 Fan Club when i was seven...
Joeblow

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 05:07 am
@snood,
Two conflicting ideas in my brain. I had puppy love, and meant Ben

But the Osmonds got me too
snood

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 05:09 am
@Joeblow,
Joeblow wrote:

Two conflicting ideas in my brain. I had puppy love, and meant Ben

But the Osmonds got me too

I hear you👍🏾😄
Mame

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 11:10 am
@Region Philbis,
I loved Michael Jackson's music... I thought he looked his best on the Thriller album. His photos are in there somewhere.

https://nexter.org/celebrity-before-after-plastic-surgery-worst
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 12:09 pm
@snood,
Jackson 5 and the Osmonds were awesome. At least I thought so when I was around 8-10 or so in the early 70s. My first crushes -- Donny and Michael. That was when Michael was cute before all the work to mess up his look.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 09:32 pm
@snood,
The group Kiss brings back memories because one of my closest friends from around 1975 to about 1979 was a huge fan of Kiss.

He had Kiss posters all over his walls. He probably had every Kiss album back then. I don't know where he is today. But, I suspect he will always be a huge Kiss fan.

I actually liked a few of Kiss songs.
I also have fond memories of when Kiss movie was released on television during that time.

I remember all of my class mates in elementary school talking about the movie the next day at school.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2023 10:40 am
Is there a double standard for men and women in entertainment? Why are people saying Madonna is too old to go on tour, but almost no one said that about Mick Jagger who toured well into his 70s?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2023 11:37 am
@jcboy,
I don't think it's because of that. Nobody said that about Joni Mitchell, and she'll be 80 this year.

I think it's because Madonna was always hypersexualised and that is losing its allure.

Pauline Black, lead singer of Selecter will be touring this year with no adverse comments at all.

Chrissie Hynde is also touring this year.

I would like to see all three, but I wouldn't want to see Madonna, but I've never liked her, she ripped off Cyndi Lauper's style.

Now I wouldn't mind seeing her either.

Mame

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2023 11:41 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I don't think it's because of that. Nobody said that about Joni Mitchell, and she'll be 80 this year.

I think it's because Madonna was always hypersexualised and that is losing its allure.

Agree with all of this.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2023 11:42 am
@izzythepush,
Good point and look at Cher. Quite a few people are bashing Madonna on Facebook and Twitter, maybe it's the price of her tickets, they go on sale tomorrow and some of the seats are going for three to four grand! A friend of mine wanted to purchase tickets but said he'd rather take a cruise Razz
izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2023 11:59 am
@jcboy,
It's the price that jars.

I'm quite lucky in that the bands I like are all low budget.

I got chatting to Dave Brock at Hawkfest 21. Arthur Brown, (The God of Hellfire) was there too, he still has an incredible voice at 80.

The Dave Brock I'm talking about is the central figure in Hawkwind, not the American one.

He was my hero when I was 16, and it's really good to still be able to see them relatively cheaply.

I saw John Otway again recently, he is so nice. When he's not on stage he's sat at the bar chatting to everyone.
0 Replies

goingoncegoingtwice

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 04:35 am
I think the first concert worthy of mentioning I ever attended was Iron Maiden back in the summer 2007, saw them in Germany when I was on a work-and-travel arrangement... I think it was the A Matter of Life and Death tour. Good times!
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 06:53 am
@goingoncegoingtwice,
1967 at Chippewa Lake Park, the Outsiders headlined for a WIXY1260 radio youth appreciation day. Saw my first long haired dudes and the girls they were with were outasight. Knew I needed to get some long hair.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 07:03 am
My last concert was pretty good.

The Dead Kennedys a few weeks ago.

They still have it
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 08:40 am
@izzythepush,
That concert must have been pretty darn good!
izzythepush

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 02:29 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Someone has put the Bristol gig on youtube, same tour.

Type dead kennedys bristol
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2023 07:37 pm
Eric Burdon and the Animals in Boston in August 1966 I think. Perhaps at Boston Arena (soon defunct). I was blown away.

Chas Chandler, their bass player, quite soon after “discovers” Jimi Hendrix.
0 Replies

Coconuts75

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2023 08:37 pm
Def Leppard
0 Replies