What's for dinner?

Mame

Sat 3 Jul, 2021 05:56 pm
I order my meat from a farm which is non-GMO, non-antibiotic and non-hormone. Today they delivered a 'saddle of lamb' and 20 chicken breasts. The breasts work out to be $3.00 each (whoa, Nelly! - uber cheap) and the lamb is a chunk, not really a saddle (lol) at nearly 1.5 lbs. No fat on it at all - just a chunk of lamb I can't identify where it's from on the lamb. About 2.5-3" thick.

So I chopped up some sage and rosemary from the garden with some garlic, sea salt, cracked pepper and oil and marinated it for 2 hours. More garlic cloves and some onion in the pan. Now it's in a slow oven, smelling up the house.

Some kind of spuds (cuz they were getting a little soft), corn on the cob and salad.

What are you having?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,105 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

edgarblythe

Sat 3 Jul, 2021 06:14 pm
We just ate barbecue beef sandwiches, with avocado chunks and potato salad. Ice water.
Mame

Sat 3 Jul, 2021 06:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Nice! I would eat that meal... who did the bbq'ing? Dessert?

I rarely do dessert but the other day I bought an angel food cake, cut it up and served it with fresh mixed berries and real whipped cream. It's summer - here in the Canadian North we have to take advantage of berries when they're available.
edgarblythe

Sat 3 Jul, 2021 06:21 pm
@Mame,
In a couple of hours we are likely to have green tea. She will eat a fruit and berry salad and I likely will indulge a bit of peach cobbler. The barbecue was purchased from a new family owned place that just opened near our home. Not bad a-tall.
Mame

Sat 3 Jul, 2021 07:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
I could go for either of those desserts, especially the berry salad - yum!
Mame

Sun 4 Jul, 2021 07:57 pm
@Mame,
So tonight, hubby's nephew dropped by for drinks and a snack and all I had was leftover lamb, which I considered to be below the acceptable offerings, so off he went to buy some emergency frozen goodies. Apparently all they had was a package of chicken tikka samosas (which the damn beagle got into while he was stocking up on beer, dumbass - that beagle will eat anything!), some chicken breasts stuffed with stuff, and some homemade cabbage rolls (with a tangy sauce, mind you)... so that is what we ate while we debated everything under the sun. He's my son's age and I love him to death. Not like a death curse, or a death hold, but you know...just saying... it was an extremely pleasant impromptu visit.
0 Replies