How do I not let an age gap bother me?

glitterbag

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2021 07:30 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Wonder if harmonica has wibbled off somewhere while Max diverts yet another thread?

My feelings are hurt, he always used to claim I followed him from thread to thread......now he's flirting with Mame..sniff sniff. (and she enjoys him even more than I did)
maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Jun, 2021 07:32 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Ragman wrote:

Wonder if harmonica has wibbled off somewhere while Max diverts yet another thread?

My feelings are hurt, he always used to claim I followed him from thread to thread......now he's flirting with Mame..sniff sniff. (and she enjoys him even more than I did)

Are you proposing a threesome, Glitterbag? I am in! Are you in Little Kitten?

If we are all going to roll around in the mud. Let's make it good.
0 Replies

harmonica

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 02:42 pm
Oh I didn't mean to give the impression that I wibbled off. Just been working a lot lately, sorry. So if the age gap is no big deal, then how come you do not see a lot more relationships with bigger age gaps in them though?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 04:15 pm
@harmonica,
Earlier I posted this in a sincere attempt to offer the point of view of a 21 year old dating or thinking about seeing a 37 year old man. I'll repost :

This young woman is only a few years out of high school and maybe hasn't finished college. Her most vivid memories are of the things and activities younger people share at this time in their life. I'm concerned that you worry how this age difference is perceived by others but more so that you feel jealousy and insecurity when she talks about her recent past. This may not wind up being a good relationship for you unless you can get past those obstacles.

Just also be aware that this young woman may occasionally feel out of her depth when she meets your co-workers, friends and relatives. You obviously have control over your conversations and behaviors but people tend to remark on age differences (her side and your side) you need to figure out how you and she are going to respond. Just try to remember that you were a teenager before she was born so your teen and childhood memories are going to be totally foreign to her and hers totally foreign to you. It's not fair for either of you to resent each others experiences just because they happened at different times.

That's just the advice I would give anyone contemplating a new relationship, provided they asked and really wanted my viewpoint. You seem to already feel jealous about her, jealously will make you both miserable and is not a good way to begin a friendship.
0 Replies

harmonica

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 05:05 pm
Oh okay thanks, I read it again. Thanks!

Well I ended up having sex with her, for the first time, and after that I feel like my insecurities are a lot less now about the whole thing. Hopefully that will last, but I feel a lot less insecure after the sex for some reason.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 05:11 pm
@harmonica,
Congratulations (to both of you)!

Sex does that, its neurochemistry. When we have sex, our brains release chemicals that humans have evolved to make us feel closer and more secure. Evolution wants people to pair up and have sex and feel good doing it. The chemicals in our brain are pretty cool.

Part of it is also that you have now resolved that important step in your relationship. Be good to each other and work to have a healthy relationship.
0 Replies

harmonica

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2021 05:28 pm
Okay thanks. One thing about the age difference thing is, she is from a city and part of the country that is much more liberal I guess you could say. Is that why she seemed much more comfortable with it, because more liberal people are not bothered by larger gaps as much perhaps?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2021 08:27 pm
@harmonica,
Is this the same woman you are talking about in your new thread? The one you've been on 4 or 5 dates and then asked if she would want to be in an inclusive relationship with you.....then she say not right now, why don't you do you.....and then you went out and tried to seduce another woman???? Is it the same woman or have you moved on again? I'm going to need a wire diagram to keep up with all your romantic entanglements.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:06:15