How do I not let an age gap bother me?

maxdancona

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 09:07 pm
@Mame,
I would like a woman's opinion on this...

If I referred to an adult woman as a "little kitten", would you feel that I am infantilizing this woman?
Mame

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 09:13 pm
@maxdancona,
It depends on the woman.

If it was Jespah or Linkat or me or some others here, yes.

If it was a dodo with little brain power and who acted helpless and stupid, probably not.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 09:14 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

I think Punkey has a political objection to older men with younger women.

Why do you make this assertion?

maxdancona wrote:
You shouldn't expect them to make sense.
Who to make sense? Women? Older women? Anybody but a mansplainer?

maxdancona wrote:
Older men with younger women is the norm in many cultures, and it makes biological sense.

That's true enough. A lot of those are and were arranged marriages where the young lady doesn't and didn't have a say.

maxdancona wrote:
With the advent of feminism, they are trying to make this taboo for ideological reasons.

What? LMAO. Please explain - or should I say 'mansplain' - this to me.

None of this should apply to your situation. You should do what makes you (and her) happy. If the relationship is good, forget the haters. Just go with what works.

Other than the 'forget the haters' bit, I agree with this. Surprise!
[/quote]

You still have not responded to this. As usual. As soon as the heat comes on, you get out of the kitchen.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 09:15 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Do I have to mansplain to you what 'mansplaining' means? (because you seem to be missing something on the concept).

Oh, I think I'm quite clear on the concept of 'mansplaining'!!! lol I think pretty much ALL women are.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 09:28 pm
@Mame,
I think it is sweet that you actually agree with me, but you are still looking to bat the ball of yarn around with me. You are my little kitten.

Mame

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 09:32 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm not your anything but adversary.

Interesting how you still haven't answered my many questions in these 2 or 3 threads, though.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 10:02 pm
@Mame,
I don't consider you an adversary.

You are pulling an Oralloy, you have a irrelevant questions that I probably did not answering because they aren't relevant to the point.

But fine.... this is silly, but I will answer all of your questions.

- this hogwash is my opinion based on my experience.
- society is putting new restrictions on sexual expression, expressing sexual desire is now likely to be considered harrassment. Even telling a woman to smile is now a problem.
- you can google "sexual recession" for yourself. This is well known.
- yes there are polls. You can google them yourself (actually I was nice enough to do googling for you).
- because Punkey jumped down the OPs throat for no reason except he was clearly disparaging this relationship based on the age difference.
- This should be clear to everyone

Did I get them all? I tried to go through the past couple days of your posts and answer any question addressed to me. You can tell me if this exercise was useful in anyway to you. I think you are being silly, and I suspect that any of these answers will likely put you into an even more off-topic tangent. But there you go.

All of this, and you agree with me on this thread. I can't imagine what you will demand from me when you DISAGREE with me.
Mame

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 10:14 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You are pulling an Oralloy, you have a irrelevant questions that I probably did not answering because they aren't relevant to the point.

This is what you do. You insult people instead of addressing their issues or questions. That's the act of a coward.

But fine.... this is silly, but I will answer all of your questions.

"silly" again - how pejorative.

- this hogwash is my opinion based on my experience. Not evidence-based.

- society is putting new restrictions on sexual expression, expressing sexual desire is now likely to be considered harrassment. Even telling a woman to smile is now a problem.
Still not evidence-based.

- you can google "sexual recession" for yourself. This is well known. ???

- yes there are polls. You can google them yourself (actually I was nice enough to do googling for you).

- because Punkey jumped down the OPs throat for no reason except he was clearly disparaging this relationship based on the age difference. That's not how it seemed to me. He wasn't 'disparaging' anything - he was insecure because of the age difference and was seeking support. That is not the definition of 'disparage'.

Did I get them all? I tried to go through the past couple days of your posts and answer any question addressed to me. You can tell me if this exercise was useful in anyway to you. I think you are being silly, and I suspect that any of these answers will likely put you into an even more off-topic tangent. But there you go.

And there YOU go, being a 19th century male who patronizes women.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 10:58 pm
@Mame,
The term 19th century male implies a person who lived between 1801 and 1899. I am not in that category. I was actually in the 20th century and am now living in the 21st century.

So there.... factually, I am a 21st century male who patronizes women. I would argue that your gender has nothing to do with it, I would patronize a man who was being this silly too.

So I guess it would be more corrrect to say I am a 21st century man who patronizes silly people regardless of their gender.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 11:02 pm
@Mame,
In all seriousness Mame, I don't like the way you hide behind your gender. If I was treating you differently than I treated Hightor, or RealMusic, or Oralloy... then you might have a point. But it is very clear that I don't (ask Hightor).

I am pushing back on you for the same reason that I push back on Hightor, or Edgar or anyone else. In my opinion you are all pushing an ideological narrative that goes far beyond anything that can be supported by facts.

If I didn't push back on your ideological narrative because you were a woman, that would be sexist. I am pretty sure you don't believe that you need to be protected because of your gender. And I don't believe that you do either.

If you want me to take it easy with you, my little kitten, because of your delicate feminine sensitivities... I suppose I would just laugh at you.
Mame

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 11:06 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

In all seriousness Mame, I don't like the way you hide behind your gender.

What the hell does that even mean???

]In my opinion you are all pushing an ideological narrative that goes far beyond anything that can be supported by facts.

And what the hell does that even mean???

0 Replies

RosyDoll

Reply Mon 28 Jun, 2021 11:43 pm
When I was 20 I dated a man nearly 16 years my senior. Although young men the age I was would make fun of me and harass me about it going, "Don't you want some of us young bucks?" and even a few young ladies would say stuff like, "Girl you have bad taste, I can't eff with these old dudes Dawg, their d's are incompetent" etc. I wouldn't pay them any mind. I think as long as 2 people are above age 18 and not abusive to each other it should be all good. It seems more people would tend to freak out if the genders were reversed. For me all this was more than 20 years ago and now in 2021, people should be embarrassed about being that shallow and judgmental. Don't let whatever others think bother you, all that negativity might be all inside your own head anyway.
0 Replies

harmonica

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2021 12:09 am
@Real Music,
I would say yes I feel much more comfortable when it's just the two of us compared to other people around, but is that good?
Real Music

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2021 12:18 am
@harmonica,
1. For what I can gather from your answer, you are uncomfortable about what other people think or how other people see you two as a couple.

2. Does she also have those same concerns as you do?

3. Or do you even know if she has the same concerns as you do?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2021 12:19 am
@harmonica,
harmonica wrote:

I would say yes I feel much more comfortable when it's just the two of us compared to other people around, but is that good?

Yes that's good! It means that the main problem is that you're worried about what other people think. All you have to do is stop worrying about other people and focus on your relationship.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2021 12:20 am
@Real Music,
I apologize for my squabbling with Mame. Real music is on the right track.
0 Replies

harmonica

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2021 12:21 am
@maxdancona,
Well another thing is, there is that part of me that is thinking I am technically old enough to be her dad, but I am not sure if that is based on what other people think, or if there is a part of me that has those feelings as well. Should I not think like that?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2021 05:52 am
@harmonica,
harmonica wrote:

Well another thing is, there is that part of me that is thinking I am technically old enough to be her dad, but I am not sure if that is based on what other people think, or if there is a part of me that has those feelings as well. Should I not think like that?

Who cares? I don't see many 14 year old fathers. But that isnt the point.

The point is that if you love her, and the relationship is working, than just go with it.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2021 06:41 am
@maxdancona,
One more thing...

If you are going to go forward with relationship, you need to get over these doubts. Your girlfriend wants you to be proud to have her on your arm. She wants you to say "you are beautiful and I want everyone to know how lucky I am".

Relatoinships don't work with doubt. If you are hesitating, or worse if you feel ashamed to be out with her... it is going to cause problems.

But you need to be able to do it whole-heartedly with no regret and no doubt. That is how great relationships work. If you can do that, then you should go forward enthusiastically.

You have a 21 year old "little kitten" who wants to have sex with you. Hell, it would be pretty easy for me to get over my doubts in that situation.
0 Replies

harmonica

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2021 07:01 am
"One more thing...

If you are going to go forward with relationship, you need to get over these doubts. Your girlfriend wants you to be proud to have her on your arm. She wants you to say "you are beautiful and I want everyone to know how lucky I am".

Relatoinships don't work with doubt. If you are hesitating, or worse if you feel ashamed to be out with her... it is going to cause problems.

But you need to be able to do it whole-heartedly with no regret and no doubt. That is how great relationships work. If you can do that, then you should go forward enthusiastically.

You have a 21 year old "little kitten" who wants to have sex with you. Hell, it would be pretty easy for me to get over my doubts in that situation."

Well maybe if I saw the appeal of little kitten sex over an older woman. What's the appeal compared to an older woman?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 02:02:24