Animals are assholes (if you think humans are bad).

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:34 am
The liberal narrative is focused on how bad humans are in spite of the fact that humans are active defending human rights and creating protected spaces for other species.

So I started to think about how humans compare to other animals as far as being decent global citizens. Let's take a look.

View best answer, chosen by maxdancona
Mame

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:36 am
@maxdancona,
You are the MOST ridiculous person on this site, do you know that, max? lol If you're not 'winning' your argument/position, you just change the narrative or create an even stupider thread.

Talk about "silly".
maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:39 am
@maxdancona,
https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.rwC-gTgYH-MuwJtMUtRelgHaF7&pid=Api&P=0&w=221&h=177

These cute little creatures are sea otters... beloved for their cuteness and the fact that they sleep holding hands.

However, sea otters literally rape baby seals before drowning them. These are truly evil creatures. And that is not the only awful thing they do.

Even among their own Powerful sea otters will kidnap the children of weaker sea otter women. The women will then have to pay ransom to get their own children back.
Mame

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:42 am
@maxdancona,
Ban otters!! Bad creatures!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:43 am
@Mame,
Thank you Mame!

My point is that almost every animal lives on the edge of starvation. They consume and reproduce until their environment no longer supports them. Then the powerful chimps (or elephants or lions or dolphins) rob the food from the less powerful until the less powerful die.

Humans are special in that we try to break out of this cycle.
maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:45 am
Chimapanzees (and other primates) are vicious. It is a patriarchical society where males own the women in their harem and keep weaker males away. Chimpanzees fight wars and kill children from rival tribes.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:48 am
Dolphins engage in a behavior that scientists call "aggressive herding".

In this behavior, three or four males corral a single female to forcefully copulate with her. If she tries to flee, she is chased and cornered.
0 Replies

Mame

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:49 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Thank you Mame!

My point is that almost every animal lives on the edge of starvation. They consume and reproduce until their environment no longer supports them. Then the powerful chimps (or elephants or lions or dolphins) rob the food from the less powerful until the less powerful die.

Humans are special in that we try to break out of this cycle.

Uh, no... we do that, too. Look at the vaccine roll-out, for example.
farmerman

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 09:25 am
@maxdancona,
Max stop makin me believe that youre an idiot. Humans and bacteria have no basic control over their breeding numbers so we have attended a growth pattern that is approaching logarithmic.

All other animals are controlled by environment , "breeding seasons" or predation.
Animals.left on their pwnwould maintain a rather slow growing population (Despite one or two species who spoil the creeks by creating dams Laughing Laughing ) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
farmerman

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 09:27 am
@maxdancona,
every animal and plant lives according to the Shelford Law of Tolerance , based on Leibigs Laws of Minimum resources) Only humans defile that. See how we are detroying the environments of hundreds of Island Jungle species (Including Orangs) by converting islands to monocultures of fuckin Palm Oil. That alone has a possibility to kill almost all the types of Melanesian species along "Wallace's Line"

0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 09:48 am
@farmerman,
Quite the contrary. Human beings are unique in that we make conscious decisions to linit our own fertility.

I don't believe any other species does that. The human population growth is decreasing significantly and the human population may stabalize or even start to decrease in our lifetimes.

Population is being controlled by humans as part of an international effort including womans rights, family planning support and efforts to address poverty.

I think these unique human efforts are pretty cool

maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 09:52 am
@Mame,
Part of my point is that humans are animals. We are hairless primates with larger than average brains. If you love animals or accept animal behavior as natural, humans should be included in that.

The fact that among the primates we are the only one to develop womans rights, work to reduce violence or to give up territory to protect othe spexies.
farmerman

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 09:53 am
@maxdancona,
thats why we have been approaching bacterial growth rates.
You seem to confuse "Potential by virtue oof intelligence" and the way it really is.

Weve only very recently been curbing growth rates
REMEMBER
Procreation is the recreation of the poor"
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 09:57 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I don't believe any other species does that
You really need to do a bit of reading on natural ecological systems.
Carrying capacity is measured by ALL internal (Breeding cycles and omission of breeding cycles) and external availability of food, predation syndemics
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 09:59 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The fact that among the primates we are the only one to develop womans rights, work to reduce violence or to give up territory to protect othe species.
do monkeys vote?

Im havin too much fun here
maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 10:01 am
@farmerman,
That's my whole point! Humans are animals, just another species of primate. And yet we have developed some unqique abilities that are pretty special.

You wouldnt want to live the life of a non-human primate.
hightor

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 10:27 am
Um...holding animals to standards of human behavior is simply another example of the OP's anthropocentric prejudice. This has to be one of the stupidest ideas for a thread I've ever seen.
Real Music

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 10:46 am
Family Guy: The First Chicken Fight (Clip)

0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 10:56 am
I Speak Turtle

0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 11:00 am
Family Guy - Peter Rides The Breeding Bull

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Animals are assholes (if you think humans are bad).
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 01:05:43