Animals are assholes (if you think humans are bad).

maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 12:03 pm
@hightor,
If you are going to hold humans to a higher standard than other animals, that would imply that humans are special and unique.

You seem to be advancing contradictory arguments.

I agree that humans are special and have unique abilities that other animals dont possess. That is part of my point.

You wouldn't want sea otters to be the dominant species on the planet. And chimpanzees have no idea of woman's rights. I dont think we want them either. Animals rape and kill. They fight wars and commit slavery. They violently steal territory from their own species and other species with no regard for the others.

If you hate humanity, you arent going to find other species any better.
Mame

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 12:25 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I agree that humans are special and have unique abilities that other animals dont possess. That is part of my point.

You wouldn't want sea otters to be the dominant species on the planet.

I wouldn't have any problem with sea otters being the dominant species.
I bet the oceans wouldn't be full of plastics, cans, tires and spilled oil.

And chimpanzees have no idea of woman's rights.

Neither does Donald Trump and all his rabid, delusional followers, most of the Middle East, China, etc.

I dont think we want them either. Animals rape and kill. They fight wars and commit slavery. They violently steal territory from their own species and other species with no regard for the others.

Wait - are you talking about humans here? Because that's what we do. I've never seen a penguin rape and kill, or a stag fight a war and commit slavery, etc.

Farmerman is right - you haven't read enough on this topic. Watch a few nature shows.

hightor

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 01:28 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
If you are going to hold humans to a higher standard than other animals, that would imply that humans are special and unique.

Why not just say that humans, unlike other animals, have developed the verbal capacity to pass on specific knowledge gained from experience to subsequent generations. Every animal species is special by definition and every one is unique. Can you weave an oriole nest? Can you dive to the bottom of the ocean and resurface on one lungful of air? Can you survive on an exclusive diet of eucalyptus leaves?
Quote:
You seem to be advancing contradictory arguments.

I'm not advancing any arguments, I'm simply pointing out where yours go wrong.
Quote:

You wouldn't want sea otters to be the dominant species on the planet. And chimpanzees have no idea of woman's rights. I dont think we want them either. Animals rape and kill. They fight wars and commit slavery. They violently steal territory from their own species and other species with no regard for the others.

FFS, speak for yourself. Again, you're holding animals which don't possess a verbal culture to human standards. That's asinine. You're imposing human sentimentality on the behavior of creatures which aren't human. If humans didn't exist no one would care. "Women's rights" among chimpanzees is a ridiculous concept and is simply not an issue.
Quote:

Another meaningless statement. Ranking species as to which ones are "good" and which ones are "bad" based on the humanoid qualities they exhibit is both juvenile and arrogant.
Real Music
  Selected Answer

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 06:58 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

1. I love humans.
2. I also love my dog.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 07:07 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
I've never seen a penguin rape and kill, or a stag fight a war and commit slavery, etc.

Penguins are definitely assholes. Penguin mothers will kidnap each others babies, often leading to violent fights between them. After kidnapping the children of a grieving mother, the victorious penguin will abandon the baby penguin, and then both mothers will ignore it... leaving it to die in the cold.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20151223-if-you-think-penguins-are-cute-and-cuddly-youre-wrong
0 Replies

Real Music

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 07:10 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Humans are animals, just another species of primate.
And yet we have developed some unqique abilities that are pretty special.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 07:13 pm
@hightor,
This is clearly intended to be a ridiculous thread Hightor. It is called "Animals are assholes". It is a little funny that you and Mame seem to be taking it so seriously.

Obvious this ridiculous thread is a response to the political narrative that, in my opinion, is equally ridiculous. This opinion comes the liberal side, that humans are despicable, that we are facing imminent doom and that the world would be better if the human race simply disappeared.

In case it wasn't already obvious, this silly narrative is the reason for this ridiculous thread.

Mame

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 07:30 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Obvious this ridiculous thread is a response to the political narrative that, in my opinion, is equally ridiculous. This opinion comes the liberal side, that humans are despicable, that we are facing imminent doom and that the world would be better if the human race simply disappeared.

I don't think anyone said what you said in bold. You're over-reaching, over-reacting, and putting your own spin on it, as usual. Enough said.
maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 07:46 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
I could actually care less if humans should continue living on Earth

You came to troll my thread celebrating human progress, and this is what you said. You inspired this new thread, Mame.
Mame

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 07:53 pm
@maxdancona,
First of all, I don't troll. And glad I could inspire something.
maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:03 pm
@Mame,
Come on Mame. You are one of the biggest trolls here. You are following me around from thread to thread. You haven't contributed an original thought to the discussion. You are just mindlessly disagreeing with each.point and making insults.

I dont mind playing with you. But you arent making any attempt at a thoughtful discussion.

You are trolling. Yes, I am encouraging you. Why not? I would prefer a thoughtful discussion. This is fun too.
maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:38 pm
Back to the topic. There is a particularly nasty seabird. It is slightly smaller than a seagull, and is such an asshole that you just have to throw rocks at it. Yes, I said it...

We should leave no tern unstoned.
0 Replies

Mame

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 09:57 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Come on Mame. You are one of the biggest trolls here. You are following me around from thread to thread. You haven't contributed an original thought to the discussion. You are just mindlessly disagreeing with each.point and making insults.

I dont mind playing with you. But you arent making any attempt at a thoughtful discussion.

You are trolling. Yes, I am encouraging you. Why not? I would prefer a thoughtful discussion. This is fun too.

You are an absolute idiot or ass, I'm not sure which.

But I do notice that when you don't get any purchase from your remarks, you abruptly leave a thread (and sometimes start a new one). What does that say about you?

Maybe you're full of it? Maybe you're chicken? Maybe you've expended the life of what you think /claim you knew or know?

Frankly, who knows and who cares? You can't be relied upon to see a thing to its finish, so you're not really worth debating with.
maxdancona

Sun 20 Jun, 2021 10:38 pm
@Mame,
You have me nailed. You still haven't explained why you are playing this game. Why are you here, Mame?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 05:10:15