Intelligent agencies in dreams

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2005 11:14 am
Is it possible to be tricked in a dream by an apparantely autonomous agency? These three dreams of mine illustrate intelligent agencies, the devil and one demon.

I said to myself, close to waking, in a spirit of profoundity, 'humankind is made whole'. Then the devil spoke from the corner of the room, 'if we are made whole, why are we alone?'

I went into the devil's kitchen shortly after warning two people not to follow the devil, giving them the advice that 'I would never do the devil's work'. In the kitchen the devil's grill was on. Under the grill were two slices of bread, and they were beginning to burn. I did not want them to burn, so I turned them both over quickly. Then I noticed that they were burnt on the other side. Despite my oath not to do so, I had done the devil's work and 'turned the spit'. I heard laughter.

A twelve foot demon was stalking the neighbourhood. It liked humans because 'I eat them, and their teeth are good to crunch'. I ran from the demon who was approaching. I ran down an incline in a part-forested area, seeking to lose him in the forest. Someone had put up small fences at intervals down the slope. These were running horizontally which I easily jumped over. I thought that these might also slow the demon down or at least put him off chasing me. I then came across the demon's lair itself, nestling at the bottom. But I could not jump back over the fences by running up the hill, even though I could jump over them coming down the hill. It was the demon who had built the fences, and now he was in hot pursuit, crashing through the forest behind me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 568 • Replies: 0
No top replies