The floppy-diskation process

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 03:53 pm
My floppy disk is leaning over the desk. It got there by a series of processes over billions of years. So how, or in what way, should this be a process any more or less than evolution is a process? For are there not many examples of the process of floppy-diskation giving us floppy-disks on desks?

If you can answer that, then try this- just as my nose does not let me smell but rather my nose is defined by the act of smelling, then would it not be the case that 'processes over billions'of years' does not result in my floppy disk, but that my floppy disk defines 'processes over billions of years'? So what would define evolutionary processes? Only one thing, and it is crucial to evolution: the selfish gene. It is only through this idea that evolutionary biology can construct its life-forms for its theories, just as my floppy disk defines processes over billions of years.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 761 • Replies: 0
No top replies