The Derek Chauvin Trial

oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 06:27 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
You absolutely have to be kidding.

No.

roger wrote:
His arguments against you have nothing at all to do with his arguments.

You are wrong. It is perfectly appropriate to take the standards that he applies to my arguments, and apply them to his arguments as well.

roger wrote:
You just have to be smarter than this.

It isn't possible to be any smarter than I already am.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 06:35 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Making up a blatant lie (regarding what another has said) as the basis for 'copying your argument' is plain delusional if you think it has any substance or logic to it.

The same can be said of your lies about me and my posts.

vikorr wrote:
As for the argument - you haven't pointed out any actual problem with what I said constitutes racism.

"The fact that you are lying about what I said" is a significant problem.

vikorr wrote:
Calling it delusional is just your way of ignoring / not thinking about your ongoing behaviour.

The same with your own complaints of delusion, just a couple lines above this. You're just trying to obfuscate the fact that you're a racist.

vikorr wrote:
I guess from here, you'll give another substanceless, non-evidenced reply.

Your inability to cite any case of "me saying what you claim I say" is evidence that you are lying about me.

Note that cites of "me saying something entirely different from what you claim I say" do not count.
vikorr

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 07:00 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The same can be said of your lies about me and my posts

Yourr inability to cite any case of "me saying what you claim I say" is evidence that you are lying about me.
Do you mean the last time you accused me of lying about you - then I went and linked a long history of your posts just here evidencing what I said to be true? I link evidence when making claims and when asked - particularly as relates to this topic. You don't....because you are unable to. The blather that follows excusing yourself from doing so is just that - substanceless blather attempting to cover your inability to provide linked evidence.

As for what Roger said - he was saying another person being racist (which you never link any evidence for) does not mean you aren't.

...cue more substanceless blather from you...
oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 07:18 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Do you mean the last time you accused me of lying about you - then I went and linked a long history of your posts just here evidencing what I said to be true? I link evidence when making claims and when asked - particularly as relates to this topic.

Once again:

Note that cites of "me saying something entirely different from what you claim I say" do not count.

vikorr wrote:
You don't....because you are unable to.

Right back at you.

vikorr wrote:
The blather that follows excusing yourself from doing so is just that - substanceless blather attempting to cover your inability to provide linked evidence.

Right back at you, again.

vikorr wrote:
As for what Roger said - he was saying another person being racist (which you never link any evidence for) does not mean you aren't.

The fact that no one can provide any evidence of racism on my part is evidence that I am not a racist.

vikorr wrote:
...cue more substanceless blather from you...

Right back at you, yet again.
snood

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 07:21 pm
Why don’t you two get a room?
vikorr

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 07:29 pm
@oralloy,

numerous links provided by me to posts showing you doing just so
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 07:33 pm
@snood,
Well, I know he has aspergers, and I know generally that it is pointless to argue with him because of it...but I guess it is not something I hold against people....and I am always hopeful that people can improve, mental health conditions or not.

Of course the overwhelming evidence over a long period of time suggests he is not able to improve, so I guess I am very hardheaded about being hopeful of such things.
snood

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 08:09 pm
@vikorr,
I think a case could be made from your interactions that Oralloy is impervious to reason and incapable of original or creative thinking. But since you also seem incapable of letting it go, one might also draw conclusions about your thinking, the way you keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.
vikorr

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 08:38 pm
@snood,
A fair enough observation.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 08:44 pm
Asperger's does not make a person incapable of thought or of changing their mind when faced with new information.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 09:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
You're absolutely right, whatever issue Oboy is dealing with I doubt it is Aspergers. There has to be something else going on or something stunted his ability to become an adult.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 09:07 pm
@glitterbag,
My Asperger's kept me from a lot of things in my life but I can process new information
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 09:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
True, but for many (depending on the particular traits of the persons aspergers) it is easier for them if they see the world in black and white, and perspectives of others aren't easily processed by them.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/aspergers/what-are-signs-symptoms-disorder/
• Problems expressing empathy...
• Lack of common sense
• Tendency to engage in one-sided conversations (about oneself)
• Fascination with certain topics
• Interpretation of information as literal
• A superior rote memory
• Ability to understand technical or factual information
• Trouble absorbing abstract information
• Tendency to focus on details, which may result in missing “the bigger picture”

https://www.healthline.com/health/aspergers-symptoms-in-adults
• First-person focus. Adults with AS may struggle to see the world from another person’s perspective. You may have a hard time reacting to actions, words, and behaviors with empathy or concern.

https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/counselling/signs-of-aspergers-in-adults.htm
9. BLACK AND WHITE THINKING.
Once a person with Asperger’s comes to a conclusion they can be quite set in it, and find it a challenge to see the perspective of others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone is of course, responsible for their own growth, with what they are given.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 09:16 pm
I have found that most people who think they understand people in the spectrum ultimately don't. They can read up on it and they can spend time with them, but in the end their comprehension falls short.
vikorr

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 09:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
I would have to agree - I can't say I understand it, and I've had more exposure to it than many. But some things are comprehensible. And some signs are obvious.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 09:40 pm
@vikorr,
None of us is typical, as I see it, since each has individual aspects of it in varying degrees. I left home when I did to deliberately put myself in society without anything to fall back on. Hitchhiked interstate without luggage or money. I didn't know about Asperger's, only that I was not functioning outside of the home. Knowing I must function to have a life at all. It was tough and many would have given up. But I have a family and great-grandchildren, own my home, and am retired. My best therapy was working as a maintenance man because such a man has to solve problems and he has to deal successfully with people of a wide variety. I started at $6.50 per hour but became the lead man. Stayed on for 23 years.
oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 10:13 pm
Eh. I've been violating my pledge to disregard all the name-calling and personal attacks that you stupid people spout because you aren't able to ever say anything intelligent.

https://able2know.org/topic/555216-129#post-7134251

I'll try to do better. I just pulled my four recent posts that only responded to lies and name-calling.

Reminder: My lack of response to any personal attack against me or against anyone else does NOT mean that the personal attack is in any way true, and should NOT be taken as a tacit endorsement of that personal attack.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 10:22 pm
@oralloy,
So it was you who pulled the remarks? OK, whatever you say.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 11:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
Funnily enough, I'm a big believer in that type of 'therapy'. The brain can rewire itself - but it needs the person to be doing things that allow the rewiring to take place.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 05:20 am
@vikorr,
It took more than half a lifetime to do it that way and there are still setbacks.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 12:10:59