The Derek Chauvin Trial

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 06:57 pm
@revelette3,
revelette3 wrote:
I don't know how conservatives can talk about leftist and democrats going over the mark. That law is just insane.

Not really. People have every right to protect themselves from progressive lynch mobs.

revelette3 wrote:
Next the thing you know it will be legal to shoot protesters in the streets, what is the difference?

No difference. People also have the right to fire guns in self defense.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 10:35 pm
To everyone who was posting to this thread before some folks showed up and started spreading feces on the walls...

I ask you to please not let their flaming and spamming discourage you from sharing your thoughts. The Chauvin Trial and the upcoming trial of the other three ex-officers have potential to have real historical significance. We need to talk about it.

So, As unpleasant and useless as it is to try to communicate with people interjecting only antagonism and confusion, just don’t give up and abandon the thread to them.

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 10:44 pm
I think we are all waiting for further developments right now.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 11 May, 2021 10:50 pm
@snood,
I'm with you dude. We go from here forward. The importance is equality to all and every person in the America has the right to the same form of justice. From the moments before a police becomes.involved completely through the entire process.

One step forward and no movement backwards. Especially at this point in time, it is of primo importance.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:07 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
the right wing wrote:
Black Lives Matter wants Black people to be able to kill Police Officers

the left wing wrote:
The story reads like [the police] where planning to do this before they arrived.... an execution of someone they wanted to be rid of

Both the left-wing and the right-wing in America have gone nuts.

Not really. The right wing is merely stating the truth.

maxdancona wrote:
There has to be room for logical thought somewhere in the middle.

I'm always open for logical discussion. You'll probably flee again. But I'm always happy to engage.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:08 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
Other than longjon (I think that was the name), I'm inclined to agree.

I doubt that you are capable of pointing out any falsehoods in Longjon's posts.
oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:09 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Ok, I've read your post three times and it still doesn't make any sense,

This is one of those topics that you would be better off skipping and leaving for people who are far smarter.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:11 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It's Coldjoint. He is now posting as Longjon with numerous sockpuppets accounts.

I'm not in a position to know, but I really doubt it.

izzythepush wrote:
He even posts in pink when he forgets

No. He is posting in multiple colors.

izzythepush wrote:
Bobsal didn't do any where near as much yet still got banned for years, but

Actually he did far worse.

izzythepush wrote:
and likes to point out the negative score of other non Nazi posters.
neo Nazis seem to be able to do whatever they want here with absolute impunity.

Godwin's Law.

Longjon wins the debate!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:12 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
This from Shaun King on Facebook:
After 6 months of pilot testing here in NYC, the city just announced that ALL mental health calls in New York are being removed from the NYPD altogether.

It will take some time to implement this, but last year over 154,000 mental health calls went to the NYPD.

That's 421 calls a day that won't be going to the NYPD anymore.

That's less brutality.
That's thousands fewer arrests for people who actually need treatment.

Now, that funding and staffing should no longer be needed by the NYPD.

No, the police still need it.

edgarblythe wrote:
Move the funding they would've had for this over to social services.

No.

edgarblythe wrote:
This is all we mean when we say Defund the Police.

We know what you mean. The answer is no.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:41 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
It made me sick how she was treated during and after the trial. When the verdict was announced she was hugged and treated like the victim before she was taken away.

What is it about mercy and compassion that you most object to?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:42 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
I don't think she will. They appear to want to argue that she acted under an honest but mistaken belief that she was in her appartment (and therefore within her right to shoot him...I don't get that law, but it's a different country).

From what I read though, there is no reasonableness where she could argue 'honest' belief:
- there was a different door mat
- the furniture would be different to hers
- the furniture setup would be different to hers
- the guy was sitting on a couch (how many burglars do that?)
- the guy was in evening at home clothes
- the guy looked innocent (ie. not like a hardened criminal)
- the first reaction of a person whose home has been entered unlawfully is either a look of surprise or outrage (while criminals would be fear or hositility)
- the first words out of any surprised persons mouth is 'what are you doing / get out of my house / what the? / etc.

- she'd be trying to say she didn't find this very, very strange..and not at all at odds with her belief she was in her own appartment. I don't think anyone would buy that.
- she didn't ask him 'what are you doing in my appartment'

I'd be incredibly surprised if they managed to get the killing downgraded to manslaughter.

You only think this way because of your anti-white racism.

Non-racists realize that people can make honest mistakes. And they accept that honest mistakes are not in any way malice.
vikorr

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:43 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I doubt that you are capable of pointing out any falsehoods in Longjon's posts.

Faleshoods? Who was talking about falsehoods?
oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:45 am
@vikorr,
I was.

If you are not capable of pointing out anything untrue in his posts, what business do you have impugning his intelligence?
oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:46 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Depends on the state not the country - I cannot imagine in MA for instance that this would be within your right. Most states you cannot just shoot someone even in your own apartment - you would need to have your life endangered in order for it to be justifiable. So I still question this - a few states it is a more free for all - but most you do not have a right to shoot someone even if they broke into your home - unless like I said your life was in danger.

Most states presume that if the bad guy is in the same room as you then your life is in danger.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:47 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
On the good side, people won't get tasered for mere non-compliance, which seems to happen a bit over there.

How should non-compliance be dealt with?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:48 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
You only think this way because of your anti-white racism.

Non-racists realize that people can make honest mistakes. And they accept that honest mistakes are not in any way malice.
Many people make honest mistakes. Honest mistakes also need to be reasonable - and cannot be based on turning a blind eye to a mountain of facts.

I notice that you don't address a single one of the issues I raise as to why it could not be an honest mistake....but much more importantly, nor do you address them as a whole.

You are repeating a pattern you often repeat.
oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:49 am
@vikorr,
That is incorrect. It is possible for an honest mistake to be unreasonable.

Your list of claims as to why it could not be an honest mistake are all completely untrue. Not one of those factors precludes it from being an honest mistake.

I did in fact address them as a whole when I said that you only think this way because of your racism. Non-racists do not think that way.
vikorr

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:50 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I was.
And I wasn't, so it's a moot point.
vikorr

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:52 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
That is incorrect. It is possible for an honest mistake to be unreasonable.
Not when it comes to killing someone due to turning a blind eye to a mountain of facts.

For a minor matter... it is possible no one would care enough to make an issue of such.
oralloy

Reply Wed 12 May, 2021 02:53 am
@vikorr,
Again, you only think this way because of your anti-white racism.

Non-racists don't think that way.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 04:08:13