You could have just as well stopped with
glitterbag wrote:

Did you honestly think

Because... no.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 08:24 pm
@glitterbag,
wait!!! I have a third dog's poop - we can use that!
0 Replies

longjon

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 08:45 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Here, you are outnumbered and you will never win.

Thank you for admitting that this is an echo chamber, and that weak minded yuppies such as yourself wish to not be confronted by reality.
Mame

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 08:46 pm
@longjon,
lol... btw, I am certainly not a Yuppie!!!
glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 09:00 pm
@Mame,
Yuppie????? Wasn't that a slang term in the 80's??
Mame

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 09:06 pm
@glitterbag,
lol yessiree it was and I was never in that category then... maybe we should get him picking up max dog poop
glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 09:10 pm
@Mame,
Let's leave him to his chores tonight, the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers are furiously making 'Free Derek' signs for their next attempt to overthrow the Government.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 09:30 pm
This from Twitter
Senior Democratic and Republican aides — who would never let their bosses say so on the record — privately told Axios that a guilty verdict in the Chauvin trial has lessened pressure to act on police reform.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 09:30 pm
@Mame,
As long as you rub my tummy and let me hump your leg, Mistress Mame...
0 Replies

longjon

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 09:32 pm
@snood,
Dershowitz: Derek Chauvin Conviction Should Be Reversed on Appeal

Renowned defense attorney and Harvard Law School professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz said Tuesday that the conviction of former Minneapolis, Minnesota, police officer Derek Chauvin for the murder of George Floyd should be overturned on appeal because of the public intimidation of the jury and the judge’s refusal to sequester the jury.

Dershowitz noted the “outside influence” of people like Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), who encouraged unrest at a protest on Saturday night in nearby Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, if there was no murder conviction in the case.

Chauvin was convicted Tuesday of all of the charges in the case — second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter.

Dershowitz told Newsmax:

What was done to George Floyd by Officer Chauvin was inexcusable, morally. But the verdict is very questionable, because of the outside influences of people like Al Sharpton, and people like Maxine Waters. Their threats and intimidation, and hanging the sword of Damocles over the jury, and basically saying if you don’t convict on the murder charge, on all the charges, the cities will burn, the country will be destroyed, seeped into the jury room because the judge made a terrible mistake by not sequestering the jury. So the judge himself said, this case may be reversed on appeal. And I think it might reversed on appeal. I think it should be reversed on appeal. I think the American Civil Liberties Union, which would be all over this case if it weren’t a racially-charged case, all Americans who care about due process and liberty should be concerned that the jury verdict may have been influenced by, if not the thumb, maybe even the elbow of the outside pressures, the fears, the threats. Every juror in that room knew about those threats. And when they sit and deliberate, they have to be saying to themselves, consciously or unconsciously, if I were to render a verdict other than a murder verdict, what the consequences will be, for me, and my family, my friends, my business. That should never, ever, bellowed to seep into a jury room. So I have no real confidence that this verdict — which may be correct in some ways — but I have no confidence that this verdict was produced by due process and the rule of law, rather than the influence of the crowd.

Dershowitz said that after exhausting appeals at the state level, the case “will go to the United States Supreme Court,” which held the “best possibility” of overturning the conviction, based on the judge’s own reaction to Waters’s comments.

He said that President Joe Biden was not wrong, legally, to comment on the case Tuesday once the jury had been sequestered, though there was a risk in raising expectations of a conviction, in the event that Chauvin had been acquitted.

Later, in remarks to the nation, President Biden appeared to endorse the pressure placed on the jury: “For so many, it feels like it took all of that for the judicial system to deliver a just — just basic accountability.”

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2021/04/20/dershowitz-derek-chauvin-conviction-should-be-reversed-on-appeal-biden/
0 Replies

longjon

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 09:33 pm
Calling The Chauvin Trial A Kangaroo Court Would Be An Insult To Kangaroos

The Derek Chauvin trial in Minneapolis, in the second week of jury selection, has been thrown into disarray by the decision, approved unanimously last Friday by the City Council, to pay $27 million to the family of George Floyd.

This is the largest pretrial settlement in a police civil rights wrongful death case in U.S. history. It's also the biggest sum ever paid by the city, even bigger than the $20 million they paid out in 2019 to the family of young white woman Justine Damond, who was shot and killed by a black Minneapolis police officer in 2017. You remember all the riots and mayhem that followed that killing, I'm sure.

"Floyd's family and their legal team welcomed the settlement," the Washington Post tells us [George Floyd’s family to receive record $27 million in settlement approved by Minneapolis City Council, by Holly Bailey and Toluse Olorunnipa, March 12, 2021]. His family? Who would that be? The Post only mentions a brother and a nephew. Floyd had at least five children, though, so presumably there are baby mommas with claims on the prize, too.

Jurors and prospective jurors who heard about the award might reasonably take it as a confession of guilt-by-proxy on the part of the City Council, thus disposing the jurors to assume Chauvin guilty. Two jurors already selected have now been de-selected on just these grounds.

If any person of authority in the state of Minnesota cared about Derek Chauvin getting a fair trial, they would relocate this trial to whichever point of their state is furthest from the wretched city of Minneapolis and its loathsome jellyfish of a mayor, Jacob Frey. Nobody does care, though, so this show trial will proceed to its foreordained guilty verdict, following which Officer Chauvin will be handed over to the tender mercies of Merrick Garland's Justice Department for a couple more life sentences.

I'd call this "kangaroo justice," but that would be an insult to kangaroos.

https://vdare.com/posts/calling-the-chauvin-trial-a-kangaroo-court-would-be-an-insult-to-kangaroos
0 Replies

longjon

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 09:38 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
Overrun by reasonable thinkers?

Actual photo of the "reasonable thinkers" on this site that you speak of.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/NPC_wojak_meme.png

The yuppies love doing what the shiny box tells them to.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 09:47 pm
@longjon,
Starting to sound a little hysterical, Skippy.
snood

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2021 10:08 pm
@glitterbag,
Vote for and support a failed fraud of a president.
Defend and excuse hundreds of insurrection traitors.
Support and defend a cold-blooded convicted murderer.

At least he’s consistent!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 12:43 am
@snood,
And desperate. They’ve got their own racist threads on this but because nobody wants to talk to them they come here and spout their neo Nazi claptrap.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 12:49 am
@Mame,
That’s the thing about white supremacy.

It’s pretty hard to push the concept of a master race when something like Longjon grunts up for a meeting.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 01:13 am
@snood,
Quote:
I didn’t say I wanted to be sure if a conviction in every case.
And I never said you did.
Quote:
I meant that I want to be able to trust this system to dispense justice fairly. I don’t know how you managed to misunderstand that.
And I don't see where I managed to misunderstand it.

You reply said "I said I wanted a fair outcome in every case" and "The justice system has generally been heavily weighted in favor of cops whenever there’s a dispute"and I was commenting on exactly that - what 'fair' equates to in the justice system is not what most people would normally describe as fair - it is weighted to ensure that an innocent person doesn't go to jail...so many guilty people walk free for lack of evidence, to ensure an innocent person doesn't go to jail.

Does that somehow clash with what you were saying?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 01:23 am
@longjon,
Quote:
Derek Chauvin believed in the system. Now, he’s paid with his life
Derek chauvin obviously believed in the system to the extent that it was beneficial to him.

- The system does not include excessive use of force
------- yet he had numerous complaints for such.
- the system does not include preventing people from breathing
- the system does not include ignoring peoples cries for medical issues
- the system does not include kneeling on a persons neck, particularly for extended periods of time

- he received training in positional asphyxia, so he knew the risks that could cause people to die from shortness of breath, and yet he still knelt on his neck for extended periods of time, knowing people have died from similar situations before

Sure he's paying with a great deal of his life - just like any other person who criminally kills another human being. Being a police officer doesn't excuse your obligations to other peoples safety. It increases them. Including towards people you stop - in any circumstances (but particularly for a minor matter)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 04:17 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I've reported you for hate speech.

Honestly? Calling someone a racist is hate speech?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2021 04:57 am
Conservative logic is truly impressive. Mass murder of school children is a symbol of freedom, insurrection at the seat of government is democracy in action, and the conviction of a murderer is the death of justice.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 04:51:30