How to make facebook remove a group?

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2021 03:07 am
I am in a facebook group, clearly violating the community standards. I reported that group several times, but facebook did not take any actions.

What else can I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,056 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2021 03:12 am
@alex3626,

my advice would be to leave the group and forget about it.

if they were "clearly violating community standards", FB would have shut them down after the first report...
alex3626

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2021 03:21 am
@Region Philbis,
But I want to do something. Just letting people spread fake news about COVID will probably endanger people!

I need to stop this. How?
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2021 03:47 am
@alex3626,

is it a large group?

what are the group settings (public, private, secret)?
0 Replies

Wankler

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2021 08:31 pm
@alex3626,
I think all you can is report it. It's at their discretion whether Facebook decides to remove/ban it. Perhaps a better question is why you're part of the group still if you have an issue with it.
0 Replies

bracknelson123

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2021 02:44 am
@alex3626,
If you are just a member of that group, not an admin so you can only report against that person. In this case, you can complain direct to the admin and give an appropriate reason why you requesting to remove that person.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2021 12:22 pm
@alex3626,
You are suggesting that you should have the power over what other people believe.

I don't agree. You should leave them alone.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2021 12:56 pm
In the 1600 they would just have an inquisition. This guy named Galileo was pushing fake news that the Earth orbited the Sun. They arranged a council of the most intelligent and respected minds to deal with it

They forbade him and his Facebook group from spreading their fake news. And they put him under house arrest when he kept believing his wrong ideas.

And sure enough, they stamped out his crazy ideas. He was never heard from again.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2021 07:49 pm
The partisan hypocrisy is the most frustrating part of these calls for censorship. Most liberals who want false opinions about covid stamped out have no problem people expressing equally false opinions about the danger of GMO or the prevalence of rape on campuses.

If you are not a hypocrite, are you willing to see liberal ideas censored when they are false?

I am against censorship in general. But I am even more opposed when what is censored is based on political affiliation.
0 Replies