Do Christians have to obey the Old Testament Laws?

Frank Apisa

Wed 21 Jul, 2021 03:27 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Close enough, married couples are people, whether male and male, female and female, or male and female unions. So then, what is your answer?

Not close enough.

If you want to ask me what I think about sexual activity among males and females...there is no reason whatever to ask me, "Do the scriptures say that it is an abomination for married couples to practice oral and anal sex?"

So get off the "close enough" bullshit and ask me a question that does not include that "Do the scriptures..." part...if, for some weird reason, you want to know what I think about sexual activity among males and females.

The Anointed

Wed 21 Jul, 2021 03:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Your exact words: "In the Old Testament...as part of the LAW...it says that the god of that New Testament considers homosexual acts to be an abomination...and anyone engaging in homosexual acts forfeits his life.

This verse does not say that homosexuals are an abomination, but Homosexual 'ACTS' are an abomination.

So again I ask; "Do the scriptures say that it is an abomination for married couples to practice oral and anal sex?"
Frank Apisa

Wed 21 Jul, 2021 03:55 am
@The Anointed,
The Anointed wrote:

Your exact words: "In the Old Testament...as part of the LAW...it says that the god of that New Testament considers homosexual acts to be an abomination...and anyone engaging in homosexual acts forfeits his life.

This verse does not say that homosexuals are an abomination, but Homosexual 'ACTS' are an abomination.

So again I ask; "Do the scriptures say that it is an abomination for married couples to practice oral and anal sex?"

Are you so ignorant about sex that you supposes oral and anal sex are exclusively "homosexual ACTS?"

Grow the **** up...and while you are at it, grow a brain.

And if you want to ask me what I think about certain sexual acts...(which you said was the reason for your question)...WHY ARE YOU STILL ASKING ME ABOUT WHAT THE SCRIPTURES SAY?

Now...I am about to leave for the golf course to play a round with my regular foursome. You stick at home and play around with yourself. I'll be back to see if you figured out how to ask a reasonable, intelligent question in about 5 hours from now.

Piece of advise: Try switching hands. It makes things interesting.
The Anointed

Wed 21 Jul, 2021 04:34 am
@Frank Apisa,
My, my, my, look what we have here, another whose IQ begins with a decimal point, who has no other weapon but crude insults.

May your balls be lost in the rough.
0 Replies

Eliyahu

Fri 28 Apr, 2023 03:14 am
Christians only have to obey the OT laws if they believe in JC, because he said:

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. 19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven"
Matthew 5
0 Replies

kjw47

Sun 30 Apr, 2023 02:22 pm
@Real Music,
Jesus said--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God---BUT-- Jesus brought a new covenant= Love, So some of the OT laws do not apply today. For example--the unrepentent were to be stoned to death under Mosaic law. If one did that today, they would go to prision. So we are not under all of those laws.
Frank Apisa

Mon 1 May, 2023 02:41 am
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote:

Jesus said--Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God---BUT-- Jesus brought a new covenant= Love, So some of the OT laws do not apply today. For example--the unrepentent were to be stoned to death under Mosaic law. If one did that today, they would go to prision. So we are not under all of those laws.

So you are suggesting that laws made by today's legislatures should have precedence over the laws of the god Jesus worshiped.

Something about that seems wrong.
izzythepush

Mon 1 May, 2023 03:07 am
@Frank Apisa,
It's not a natural progression, it's saying we stopped because an 9utside body forced us to, that if there was a breakdown in society they'd be back to stoning straight away.
0 Replies

kjw47

Mon 1 May, 2023 03:27 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The new covenant Jesus brought changed those laws, not man.
Frank Apisa

Mon 1 May, 2023 07:30 pm
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote:

The new covenant Jesus brought changed those laws, not man.

So you are saying Jesus was a liar?

He did say he was not here to change anything about the laws...not one letter...not even one part of a letter.

kjw47

Tue 2 May, 2023 02:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The new covenant-Love changed some of those OT laws.
Frank Apisa

Wed 3 May, 2023 02:40 am
@kjw47,
kjw47 wrote:

Okay, so you ARE saying that Jesus was a liar.

Strange that!
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 3 May, 2023 05:53 am
@kjw47,
Quote:

You mean those laws for which there was never any legal basis anyway? What difference does it make? What are the consequences of partying on the Sabbath or worshiping an idol?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 3 May, 2023 06:03 am
In Libya six people have been condemned to death for converting to Christianity.

That's what religion in extremis does.

When people belive they're doing God's will, restraint and respect for human rights goes out the window.

All of a sudden "Thou shalt not kill," no longer applies to them, just the people they're killing.
Jasper10

Wed 3 May, 2023 06:20 am
@Real Music,
I would suggest that they would all need to be obeyed perfectly according to sound philosophy. There is no point in nearly obeying them as that would mean that they were only obeyed imperfectly.

Absolute rules is a possibility according to sound philosophy.

If there is a difference between good and bad, sound philosophy states that one doesn't need to define good and bad, one just needs to know that there is a difference.

Old Testament Laws were only given to prove that it is impossible to obey them perfectly though, weren't they, in order too highlight an issue that needed to be resolved?

kjw47

Wed 3 May, 2023 07:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Catholicism used to burn humans alive at the stake for trying to translate the bible so everyone could read it. Orthodox christianity in Russia gave Putin their support for the war in Ukraine even though Ukraine is the same religion---99% on earth are in darkness mislead by blind guides.
glitterbag

Wed 3 May, 2023 09:12 pm
@kjw47,
The Church of England, Lutherans and one other of the Protestants Churches burned people alive for Heresy. I'm pretty sure the Catholic Church did as well, but I'm not sure if they got as many Heretics as the Protestants. You have to remember those Protestant denominations were all part of the 'Reformation' when brand new protestants were eliminating the dangerous ills of evil Catholicism (which was the first Christian Church). So, 1500 years after the Catholic Church began, the reformation started and used the same ills they blamed the Catholic Church for using, burning heretics...they burned Joan of Arc for heresy but it was really because she didn't want France to be ruled by the English. During the abomination of a trial Joan was ultimately turned over to the English and they burned her alive at the stake.

I don't believe that the Catholic Church should be adored over all others, but I would like to see someone other than historians revealing all the oddities and peculiarities of each religion. I would rather see us break from this self installed prison of sin-seekers and punishers. All religions are based on faith, and if everyone would at least try to behave to the standards of our faiths perhaps we would all be better off. I'm a little sick of everyone who thinks they alone have a relationship with the Creator, (whoever you believe is the creator), and they need to chastise and humiliate all others who don't believe exactly like they do.

Have sins been committed by Catholics? Yes......is there a religion you can think of that has no sinners. Perfect your own selves and get a little educated before you boast bullshit rhetoric on others. Shame on all of you so-called religious voices who spread hate and envy like jelly on donuts.

I'm not eliminating the Jewish and Muslim religions, I'm just tired of writing what should be well known now by all of us. Religious zealots of any denomination are a curse on mankind.
Jasper10

Thu 4 May, 2023 02:11 am
@Jasper10,
My interpretation of the Christian scriptures is that Jesus came to fulfill the Old Testament Law perfectly because it claims nobody else can. The idea being that his perfection does the job whereas imperfection doesn't.

With natures vibratory balanced logic 0/1=0/1

0 needs to exchange place for a 1 to keep the balance.

izzythepush

Thu 4 May, 2023 02:24 am
@kjw47,
You're no different, calling yourself superior while looking down the nose at the rest of us.

It's well documented that child abuse by Jehovah's Witnesses has gone unchecked.

When you believe you're doing God's work you can excuse anything.

An eternity with Jehovah's Witnesses is most people's idea of hell.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 4 May, 2023 04:06 am
@Jasper10,
Therefore, if the Old Testament Laws are the absolute laws and the Christian scriptures are claiming, that they do indeed need to be kept perfectly then that may put us all in a very precarious position, if true.