Can my face and facial features change if someone slipped a drug in my drink?

glamify

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 10:05 am
Like i feel like my nose shape is different someone said my nose looked like it collapsed but I googled it, the only way that can really happen is if you snort coke and stuff which I don't do. This happened in june when I got slipped, I feel like I look different most people say I look the same, but I'm wondering if it's possible just from a drug in a drink can it change your features permanently?

maxdancona

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 02:14 pm
@glamify,
No one else is responding. I hope my responses are helpful. This seems very similar to the other thread you started (generally it is better to continue a topic in a single thread).

I have never had these exact issues . I have found talk therapy to be very helpful (dealing with trauma). In talk therapy you will have a professional who you can trust to take your feelings seriously. They can also help you work out the emotions you are dealing with.

The point is to get over these feelings so you can live a fulfilling life. This is true whether there is a drug involved or not. The feelings you are having are important and real no matter what happened with your drink. I hope you are able to work through them. Here you will find mostly well-meaning strangers on the internet... there is no way that we can work through what is happening.

I hope you can find a good therapist.

hightor

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 02:26 pm
@glamify,
Quote:
...but I'm wondering if it's possible just from a drug in a drink can it change your features permanently?

No.

However, a drug might change your perception of your features. It's highly unlikely that one drug, imbibed in a drink nine months ago, would have such a long-lasting effect. People say you look the same; it's unlikely that they're lying to you.
glamify

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 10:28 am
@maxdancona,
Thanks yes they're helpful but I don't have money like that for therapy and I feel like I don't really need one, I just always think about it and can't get the situation off my mind, I'll just ask God to help me get through it.
glamify

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 10:30 am
@hightor,
Yea you're right, if anything they said I gained weight
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 10:53 am
@glamify,
Quote:
I don't have money like that for therapy and I feel like I don't really need one, I just always think about it and can't get the situation off my mind

This is causing you some discomfort, and you are thinking about it all the time.

This is exactly what therapy would help with. I understand the money issue (it may be covered by insurance and many therapists have a sliding scale where you pay what you can), but that is the best advice I can give you.

glamify

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 11:14 am
@maxdancona,
Yeah, but is it normal to keep thinking of stuff like that all the time, does other people go through it but in different ways?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 11:43 am
@glamify,
Normal doesn't matter. What matters is whether you are happy. Thinking about this all the time doesn't sound like fun.

I went to therapy to deal with some pretty serious trauma. I kind of relate to what you are saying, I had persistent feelings that kept bothering me and I constantly felt distracted until I realized I needed to address them.

I don't know what normal means. I do know that other people go through this, that it isn't enjoyable and that for many people therapy helps. We all have issues, some of us hide it better than others.
glamify

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 04:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Yea true I hate thinking about it, but can't stop. Wish it never happened and did u get rid of the persistent thinking of your trauma?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 04:42 pm
@glamify,
Yes, I did a lot of work with a therapist. It really helped.

Therapy was a safe place for me. I knew that I could say anything and be taken seriously and supported. The therapist walked me through my thinking patterns and asked questions. It helped me to see where my thinking patterns were wrong or not well thought out. Then I could work out new patterns of thought that worked for me ... with the goal being for me to have a fulfilling life.

I would say I had more "persistent emotions" than "persistent thinking", I shoved it down and minimized it. Working through it in therapy was very important.

glamify

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 05:53 pm
@maxdancona,
That's good to hear, I'm glad you got over it for the most part but I feel like my situation isn't too serious most have worst than thinking someone put a drug in your drink even if you were tripping
maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 06:03 pm
@glamify,
What you are describing sounds serious to me.
0 Replies