Are you a collector?

gezzy

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 09:21 pm
To you like to collect things? I like to collect lots of things such as coins, comic books, cards, recipes, etc.... What do you collect?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,689 • Replies: 72
No top replies

eoe

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 09:32 pm
Matchbooks, crosses, decorative wooden boxes, brass incense holders, planters, wine bottles...
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 09:37 pm
Eoe
Those are cool. I also like to collect vintage things. I absolutely love antiques as well. I love the really old bottles too.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 11:10 pm
Wherever I am, stuff accumulates. Does that count?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 11:35 pm
Sure it does Roger. Whatcha got?
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 12:03 am
Antique furniture, Inuit soapstone carvings, scrimshaw, Royal Doulton figurines (not the ladies but the characters like the Lobsterman, the Fisherman. the Doctor, the Beachcomber, etc.), Caithness paperweights, tea cups and saucers ...
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 12:18 am
Mckenzie
I like that stuff as well. I also collect collectors plates, or atleast I use too. I like lighthouse, lobsterman, and fisherman stuff too.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 12:20 am
Hi gezzy

I collect antique postcards. I have a couple of thousand, mostly from the 1905-1914 era.

I collect in a variety of different subjects/categories but my principle interest is in Main streets and local views of the cities and towns of eastern Massachusetts. (where I was born and raised)

On occasion I have given cards to friends and relatives showing their hometowns' 75-100 years ago. They are invariably delighted.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 12:26 am
jjorge, my mother had tons old turn of the century postcards from Germany saved in a box. She threw them away when she moved into an apartment a few years ago. By the time I found out what she'd done, it was a done deal, landfill fodder. I was soooo upset.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 12:29 am
jjorge
Long time no see. It's great to see you :-) That's really cool. I know I'd be thrilled to get a post card that old. I love old stuff and I wish I had the funds to collect everything I love. I was just looking at some old lunchboxes on ebay and I ran into one that I use to have and it just makes me feel all sentimental. The lunch box was the partridge family.
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 12:54 am
i collect books. i actually buy them to read, but end up buying faster than i read. one day though i'll get to them. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 01:16 am
I know you will Pueo :-) We all need something to do when we retire ;-)
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 01:19 am
I actually collect magazines, but they are helpful magazines such as gardening, cooking, etc... I also have magazines about farming and the old days which I will never need but are sentimental to me.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 01:25 am
gezzy

It's good to see your smiling face too.

One of these days I'm going to scan some old postcards with interesting views and post them.

I know what you mean about the old lunch boxes etc. .....
except in my case it would be a Roy Rogers or a Hopalong Cassidy lunch box. (I guess there's a generational gap)
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 01:30 am
i used to have a lone ranger and a cowboy in africa (the rifleman guy, chuck conners?) lunch boxes that i really liked.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 01:30 am
Oh, I would be thrilled if you posted some pics :-D I'm just one of those sentimental fools that loves to take a walk through the times when I was a little girl and even before then. I love learning about how people lived way back when.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 01:32 am
Pueo
I loved the Lone Ranger :-D
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 01:51 am
gezzy wrote:
Oh, I would be thrilled if you posted some pics :-D

gezzy

when i get around to doing it I'll send you a heads up

pueo

The Lone Ranger was cool, one of my favorites.

Well guys Time for me to get some zzzzzzzz's

later,

jjorge
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 01:56 am
I'll be looking forward to those pics. Sweet dreams :-)
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 02:18 am
mckenzie wrote:
jjorge, my mother had tons old turn of the century postcards from Germany saved in a box. She threw them away when she moved into an apartment a few years ago. By the time I found out what she'd done, it was a done deal, landfill fodder. I was soooo upset.

Hi Mackenzie
I'll bet you were upset....i get upset just hearing about it!

Well, I'm really off to snooze this time. Night night all.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Are you a collector?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:10:43