3

Pay a red light camera fine or appeal it

Moonhee

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2021 09:05 pm
So the municipal judge said I am liable during the Zoom call hearing. I don't feel I should pay. I read so much going in on my state about how municipal abuse tax payer dollars. The feds came in and arrested the big operator of a red light camera program. Many state legislators are in process of the ban as well of such traffic cameras. Many states have stopped such programs and found it a tax payer waste.

I just feel it's too corrupt to throw my money at these corrupt local mayors , etc. It is hard as it is to live during the pandemic.

engineer

2  
Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2021 10:14 pm
@Moonhee,
It doesn't matter what states will do in the future, you are liable now. You should pay it.

1  
Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2021 10:19 pm
@Moonhee,
A couple of important questions.

Is it possible for you to win an appeal?
What would it cost you to appeal?

If winning will save you $50 but it takes a day of your time, it isn't worth it (unless you are paid less than minimum wage).

My general rule is not to fight battles I can't win.

-1  
Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2021 10:22 pm
Did you run the red light, or are you innocent?

Pay if you are guilty. Appeal if you are innocent.