R.I.P. The 1st amendment 1791-2021

Below viewing threshold (view)
hightor

Mon 22 Feb, 2021 03:19 pm
@longjon,
Quote:
It must be a Qanon insurrection.
On a message board? More likely a single fat guy in his parents' basement. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

longjon

Mon 22 Feb, 2021 03:46 pm
@engineer,
I guess the obvious question then is, is this sort of response also warranted for conservatives who are down voted here?

Is what's good for the goose also good for the gander?

Oh who am I kidding, radical leftists don't apply standards equally to people who disagree with their weirdo dogma.
engineer

Mon 22 Feb, 2021 03:50 pm
@longjon,
If you think "conservatives" are being bot downvoted, go for it. I have not observed the same pattern of downvoting, but maybe the anti-"conservative" bots are just smarter.
longjon

Mon 22 Feb, 2021 03:57 pm
@engineer,
hmmm....

How about this gentleman here?

https://able2know.org/topic/287301-126#post-7108604

Seems as though he is consistently gang down voted. Do you have the same righteous indignation for his situation?

I mean, since leftists aren't hypocrites at all.

And does he whinge about like you folks do here?
engineer

Mon 22 Feb, 2021 04:00 pm
@longjon,
I think he comes by his downvotes honestly and probably considers them a point of pride but if you think they come from bots you can whine on his behalf. Nothing wrong with posting an unpopular opinion, I've done so myself and been sure the downvotes I received were real. It's the ten votes in ten minutes thing across dozens of posts, even ones on grammar or puzzles that stands out.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 22 Feb, 2021 04:46 pm
@longjon,
Quote:

Seems as though he is consistently gang down voted.

Not "gang down voted", you paranoid —they are individual decisions.

You seem to think that this is solely political in nature. It's not. Nor is it in many other posts by others, both left and right, that are voted down, one member-one vote, in countless threads, political and non-political. It's because the comments are purposefully written in an insulting, obnoxious, and challenging manner. There are quite a few characters who get down-voted with impressive regularity — one of them actually repeats the same responses, word-for-word. No, that's not the kind of post that generates — or merits — popular acclaim.

You (you in general) can either choose to have a conversation or you can provoke an argument. It's usually pretty obvious. I'd be interested to see if you could provide an example of a relatively innocent response getting more than 1 or 2 down-votes simply for its political perspective.

Builder

Mon 22 Feb, 2021 06:45 pm
@hightor,
Here's what you wrote about the same thing on another thread.

I know you're generally quite confused about life, in general, but this is totally the opposite of what you're saying here. Are you (as I'm more convinced) a response bot?

Quote:
Yup. What we are seeing here is someone successfully preventing certain posts being visible without members making the extra click to view them. Someone's obviously on a mission of some sort as it's only a few political threads where this effort is made. I don't know how difficult it would be to do away with the thumbs entirely but eliminating the threshold of visibility would make the reputation abuse moot. It's sort of funny — you just know the person doing this is a self-appointed defender of freedom and enemy of censorship!
oralloy

Mon 22 Feb, 2021 06:56 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I have not observed the same pattern of downvoting, but maybe the anti-"conservative" bots are just smarter.

Nah. It's your innate hypocrisy. You would have to be blind to have not noticed that conservatives were targeted first.
oralloy

Wed 24 Feb, 2021 04:14 am
@glitterbag,
What normal intellects think that they notice has little to do with reality. Normal people should contract with smart people to do their thinking for them.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Tue 20 Apr, 2021 05:30 am
This statement yesterday by Maxine Waters, recommending a course of action if Derek Chauvin isn't found guilty, is, of course, perfectly okay and not at all a call to violence:

"We got to stay on the street. And we've got to get more active, we've got to get more confrontational. We've got to make sure that they know that we mean business," she said.

From: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/19/politics/maxine-waters-derek-chauvin-trial/index.html
maxdancona

Tue 20 Apr, 2021 05:58 am
@hightor,
Did you think Trump's words before the Capitol riot were incendiary?
maxdancona

Tue 20 Apr, 2021 07:34 am
@hightor,
You have a nice double standard going there.

I condemn what Trump said as irresponsible, incendiary and contrary to the good of the country.

I condemn what Maxine Waters said as irresponsible, incendiary and contrary to the good of the country.

I don't understand the difficulty of condemning extremism as extremism no matter which side it comes from.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:04:28