Is anyone else going to watch the ball drop at Times Square New Year's Eve 2020?

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 10:41 pm
Hi. I am. I don't really care for the New Year's Eve Celebration that they have at Time Square every year, especially since Dick Clark passed, which is televised simultaneously on the three major networks - ABC, NBC and CBS. I just tune in each year to watch the ball drop. That's the only reason I watch the celebration. Watching the ball drop is the highlight of MY New Year's Eve celebration.

Not surprisingly, the New Year's Eve celebrations being held this year, like a lot of the parades we had this year, are downsized due to the pandemic. I HOPE the celebration at Times Square WON't be depressing like the parades were.

This year marks the first time I won't be able to watch it drop on TV. I will watch the ball drop somewhere online.

Is anyone else going to watch the ball drop?

I'm just curious. Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 822 • Replies: 4
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2020 11:46 pm
I watched the ball drop. I drank my yearly craft beer.

My World of Warcraft character is drunker than I am. He's currently dancing naked on tip of the prow of the ship that forms the inn at Booty Bay.

For those who don't know, Booty here refers to stolen loot, nothing X-rated. Booty Bay is a semi-legitimate pirate town.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2021 02:20 am
@JGoldman10,
we usually drop a CODFISH up in Eastport Me. I dont know if the cod drop will even take place this year.
Saw the Hershey Kiss drop on youtube,
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2021 03:10 am
@JGoldman10,
No. You asked this last year, it seems a really big thing for you. We don’t have an equivalent, and New Year is already five hours old by the time it drops.

Your post from last year was the first I’d heard of it.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2021 05:21 pm
@izzythepush,
It's not really a big thing for me. It became somewhat of a tradition at my home over the past few years. I don't really celebrate the holidays like I used to.
0 Replies