I need to interview someone from a different culture than my own (white american)

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2020 08:54 pm
I am taking a cultural anthropology class to finish out my associate's degree and my final project is to interview someone from a different culture than my own. I am a typical white American, I am not religious. If you are willing, I will email you the questions. I appreciate it so much, thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 538 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 05:01 am
@Mallerieallison,
Quote:
...typical white American...

This is too vague.

No, it's actually absurd. There is no "typical" American. We are a multicultural nation with hundreds, no, thousands, probably millions of varieties and variables.

Music, literature, theater, movies, sports, food. living conditions, lifestyle... There is no "typical". If you think that there is, you're mistaken.

Further, you may want to consider giving an age range.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2020 10:54 am
@Mallerieallison,
This forum is mostly White Americans (with a couple of Brits and Australians thrown in).

I might try a site called conversation exchange (www.conversationexchange.com) ... it is usually used to learn language, you trade an hour of conversation in your language for an hour of theirs.

If you were honest in your profile, I bet someone from another country would be willing to talk to you. It would be practice for them in English. Just spell out clearly what you want, and afterwards be willing to spend an hour helping them practice English.

0 Replies