Have a peaceful and safe Thanksgiving, Everybody

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2020 12:50 am
I hope everybody has a restful and peaceful Thanksgiving. Many of our members live alone and they have been isolated since last March. It's been a lonely frightening time but I hope everyone manages to stay safe ...... I wish to see the same faces next Thanksgiving. Happy Holiday
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,338 • Replies: 4

farmerman

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2020 01:33 am
@glitterbag,
Thangsgiving was always one of my two most favoorite holidays.
Thanksgiving is a pitch in and help day with no real expectations . It preceded a long weekend and it was in a time of year when the light would soon return. (In E. US, the daylight begins lengthening imperceptibly at the end of the day in early December, The sunrise just keeps happening later and later until about Jan 5 when It all evens out and th days become measurably longer (It all merely averages out by mathematical geodesy that we have Dec 21 as the SOLSTICE.

Christmas has always been a time of sadness for me and Ms F. (Personal reasons)

Memorial Day is my second most revered holiday for personals again
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2020 05:49 am
@glitterbag,
Right back at ‘ya! And to all present.we’re having a small gtg here in so. FL. Even the turkey will wear a mask.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2020 11:04 pm
@glitterbag,
We don't have Thanksgiving, here but I hope that everyone here who does has a happy and safe day.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 26 Nov, 2020 11:16 pm
@cherrie,
Thank you cherrie, it's really just a big pig out......but an opportunity for family and friends to gather....I have fond memories of many family Thanksgivings.
0 Replies