Facebook suspended my account with no reason why

Colint

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 09:45 am
last week I set up a Facebook account using my email address and added some photos to an album and a business page to try to get some work during the lockdown. I tried to log into my account a couple of days later only to be told my account had been disabled because of an issue with Community Standards, there was no warning which would have enabled me to resolve whatever the issue was.

I have now received the following response with no real explanation.
"You can't use Facebook because your account, or activity on it, didn't follow our Community Standards. We have already reviewed this decision and it can't be reversed.”

I would like to know how I failed to follow Community Standards, the account was in my name, the photos were my own work and I had not actually posted anything.

I cannot find any way to contact Facebook to find out what the exact issue is? I’ve looked at the Community Standards page but still have no idea what the problem is.

Does anyone know of an email address for Facebook that I could contact about this or does anyone have any suggestions as to what the issue might have been (I realise this may be difficult without access to the actual account)

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,675 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2020 12:04 pm
@Colint,
There isn't one.

Facebook is run by a surprisingly tiny number of people, given its size. A lot of decisions like this are made via computer. I would be very surprised if a human has ever seen your case.

Usually, FB suspensions are for a given period of time, so check when yours will expire (I am pretty sure they tell you in these notifications).

And in the future, I strongly suspect they thought you were uploading too much, too quickly-- which to their program may seem to be a prelude to spamming.

So upload a lot more slowly when you are allowed back on, and see if that helps.
0 Replies

Adviceanyone

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 08:03 am
I created a FB account back around March 2020 and tried to change my birthdate so that it wouldn't be seen by the public (not realizing that FB provides a way to hide it). My account was shut down. I sent in my ID (twice) and created two other accounts (which worked for a few days) and these two accounts were shut down (I suspect because they're from the same e-mail address as the first). I'm retired and just trying to connect with old friends. I've received a couple of text messages saying that FB doesn't have time to check my ID (keeping in mind it's been about 6 or 7 months). "Really" frustrating.
0 Replies

JudiThomas

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2021 09:32 am
I have been locked out of my Facebook account because I tried to change some personal detail on my profile and Facebook now thinks I’m too young to use it. I’m 65 🙃. I have done the review request and uploaded ID. Does anyone know if this will help?
0 Replies

briinkly

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2021 12:21 am
@Colint,
I faced this issue in 2017 and I had a new personal account!
Sometimes it's happening because of manual reporting
0 Replies