The martyrdom that a Trump loss would create

FreedomEyeLove

Sun 18 Oct, 2020 12:22 am
I want to point out that while Donald Trump isn't a "regular" person, he's the closest we've ever come as a nation to electing a "regular" person as president.

Trump is the only POTUS who wasn't a part of the establishment before being elected.

And that's really what all you anti-Trumpers are against. You're against regular people.

You're in favor of the establishment, and business as usual.

You're the problem.
Real Music

Sun 18 Oct, 2020 01:12 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
I want to point out that while Donald Trump isn't a "regular" person, he's the closest we've ever come as a nation to electing a "regular" person as president.

Trump is the only POTUS who wasn't a part of the establishment before being elected.

And that's really what all you anti-Trumpers are against. You're against regular people.

You're the problem.

1. I don't know what you've been smoking.
2. Donald Trump is by far, the absolute worse president this country has ever had since the very creation of this country.
3. Donald Trump is a pathological habitual Liar.
4. Donald Trump is racist to his very core.
5. Donald Trump is a weasel and a piece of **** con-man.
6. Donald Trump is a narcissist and mentally unstable.
7. Donald Trump believes that everyone should be loyal to him and only him.
8. Donald Trump believes that it is perfectly fine for him to break any and all laws and don't give a **** what anyone thinks about it.
9. Donald Trump believes that all laws should be re-written so that all laws benefit him and only him.
10. Donald Trump believes that the United states Constitution is simply toilet paper for him to wipe his shitty ass with.
11. Donald Trump spends way too much one on one private time sucking Vladimir Putin's (you know what).
Real Music

Sun 18 Oct, 2020 01:23 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Wow!!!

Who would have thought that our views of Trump would be so vastly different from on another.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 12:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

This thread is a joke...a rather sad joke, but just a joke.

FreedomEyeLove is either nuts or stupid...or possibly both.

Or some type of agent that must follow a script no matter how dumb that script may be.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 01:18 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

Trump is the only POTUS who wasn't a part of the establishment before being elected. And that's really what all you anti-Trumpers are against. You're against regular people.

You're the problem.

This is the best post FreedomEyeLove has written here... and people should understand this. This explains the appeal of Trump to people who feel they have been left out by the "elites". It is absolutely true, when Fauci and the CDC trot out science to tell people that they have to wear masks, it is people with college degrees bossing around working class people.

Trump is an anti-elitist president. This is exactly why some people love him.

BillRM

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 01:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Trump is an anti-elitist president. This is exactly why some people love him.

Lord the man inherent many hundreds of millions of dollars and then loss a large percent of that total wealth then he cheated thousands of workers and small business owners in Atlantic City and in a worthless school.

He is hardly fit as the anti-elitist workmen hero mode in any sense.
maxdancona

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 01:51 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
He is hardly fit as the anti-elitist workmen hero mode in any sense.

And yet the anti-elitist workmen have made Trump into a hero.
hightor

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 02:00 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
This is exactly why some people love him.

The author of this NYT article agrees:

Quote:
The Trump presidency has been such a five-alarm fire that many people are understandably consumed with trying to put out the flames or simply survive it. But there will come a day, hopefully in the not too distant future, when people have the breathing room to investigate how the fire got started.

It’s tempting to heap scorn and blame on President Trump’s millions of enthusiastic supporters. Without their adoration, he wouldn’t have been able to do the damage he has done. But there are good reasons to refrain. Calling large swaths of the American electorate deplorable turns out to be an ineffective way to gain their backing.

Another reason: The mess the nation faces is bigger than Donald Trump. If he is voted out in November, the people who cast ballots for him will remain, pining for the policies he promoted. About 40 percent of American voters want tariffs and a border wall. More than half say it’s important to deport more undocumented immigrants.

Much ink has been spilled about whether Trump supporters voted for him out of economic anxiety or racial anxiety, with plenty of studies concluding the latter. But spend time at a dying factory and you might see how difficult it can be to disentangle the two.

(...)

Donald Trump's Fake Populism

But this didn't occur overnight. I remember when working class parents wanted their kids to get college educations — and they could afford to send them to good schools. Expertise was respected. The reasons for the change are complicated. Some are cultural and some are structural. It might make for an interesting thread.

As far as FreedomEyeLove's "best post" goes, however, it's typically simplistic. He assumes that since Trump voters are "regular" people, everyone who's against Trump must be in favor of the "establishment". But Trump isn't a "regular" person, not by a long shot. People oppose him because he's crass and dishonest. People are offended by his language and his gilded life style. People distrust him. He doesn't really have any plan for what he will replace the "establishment" with — he just wants to tear it down. He might have taken a different tack:

Imagining the Trump Presidency That Wasn’t
Brandon9000

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 02:22 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
Imagine that the dems succeed in rigging and stealing the election after being caught red handed bald faced lying to the public.

That's a great line of attack. Especially with Pres. Trump's 20,000+ documented lies from his inauguration until today!...

I don't think you're one to talk because I've documented 273 lies you've told in your posts on this board, and this is just someplace where you post now and then.
Brandon9000

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 02:26 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:
1. I don't know what you've been smoking.
2. Donald Trump is by far, the absolute worse president this country has ever had since the very creation of this country.
3. Donald Trump is a pathological habitual Liar.
4. Donald Trump is racist to his very core.
5. Donald Trump is a weasel and a piece of **** con-man.
6. Donald Trump is a narcissist and mentally unstable.
7. Donald Trump believes that everyone should be loyal to him and only him.
8. Donald Trump believes that it is perfectly fine for him to break any and all laws and don't give a **** what anyone thinks about it.
9. Donald Trump believes that all laws should be re-written so that all laws benefit him and only him.
10. Donald Trump believes that the United states Constitution is simply toilet paper for him to wipe his shitty ass with.
11. Donald Trump spends way too much one on one private time sucking Vladimir Putin's (you know what).

Anyone can accuse anyone of anything. It means nothing without evidence. Let's pick one:

Donald Trump is racist to his very core.

I defy you to provide evidence to support this argument.
BillRM

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 02:28 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
and yet the anti-elitist workmen have made Trump into a hero.

So all those workers that did not get pay for the work they had done for Trump companies love Trump?

Sorry but Trump had spend a large percent of his life time producing a false image of himself so most of us including those anti-elitist workers did not have a clue of who the hell they was voting for in 2016.

He was claiming for example that he build a huge networth for from a million dollars he inherent from his father not that he inherent instead many hundreds of millions an lower it to the point that most major banks would not do business with him at the time of the election.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 02:38 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
I don't think you're one to talk because I've documented 273 lies you've told in your posts on this board...

Liar. Very Happy
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 02:39 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

See the federal government fining Trump firm millions of dollars for redlining his properties.

Or FAR more currently trying to sell the suburb voters that their homes will be nearly worthless if black or Latin men and women are allow to move in next to them due to the evil democrats enforcing the fair housing laws.
Brandon9000

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 02:48 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

See the federal government fining Trump firm millions of dollars for redlining his properties.

Or FAR more currently trying to sell the suburb voters that their homes will be nearly worthless if black or Latin men and women are allow to move in next to them due to the evil democrats enforcing the fair housing laws.

Provide a link to the facts of either one of these or this is nothing. I can make **** up too.
maxdancona

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 03:27 pm
@hightor,
It is a fact that 43% of Americans approve of Donald Trump.

Since you live in a democracy... you should accept this. These are people with whom you share a country, and people who are equal to you under the law.

Understanding people on the other side of the political divide is good thing.
BillRM

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 04:14 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Provide a link to the facts of either one of these or this is nothing. I can make **** up too.

You got to be kidding me when anyone repeat anyone can find the info by a fast google search.

Quote:

https://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2017/02/trump-fbi-files-discrimination-case-235067

FBI releases files on Trump apartments' race discrimination probe in '70s
By JOSH GERSTEIN 02/15/2017 05:47 PM EST
The FBI has released nearly 400 pages of records on an investigation the bureau conducted in the 1970s into alleged racial discrimination in the rental of apartments from President Donald Trump's real estate company.

The files detail dozens of interviews the bureau conducted with Trump building tenants, management and employees, seeking indications that minority tenants were steered away from housing complexes.

Most of those interviewed said they were not aware of any discrimination. However, some of the records recount the stories of black rental applicants who said they were told no apartments were available, while whites sent to check on the same apartments were offered leases.

The records, posted on the FBI's Freedom of Information Act website, include a 1974 interview with a former doorman at a Trump building in Brooklyn.

A supervisor "told me that if a black person came to 2650 Ocean Parkway and inquired about an apartment for rent, and he, that is [redacted] was not there at the time, that I should tell him that the rent was twice as much as it really was, in order that he could not afford the apartment," the ex-doorman said.

Quote:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/president-trump-considers-ending-housing-regulation-that-advocates-say-was-created-to-combat-racial-segregation-2020-07-02

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
Jul 29, 2020
I am happy to inform all of the people living their Suburban Lifestyle Dream that you will no longer be bothered or financially hurt by having low income housing built in your neighborhood...

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
...Your housing prices will go up based on the market, and crime will go down. I have rescinded the Obama-Biden AFFH Rule. Enjoy!
12:19 PM · Jul 29, 2020

BillRM

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 04:57 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

It is a fact that 43% of Americans approve of Donald Trump.

Since you live in a democracy... you should accept this. These are people with whom you share a country, and people who are equal to you under the law.

Understanding people on the other side of the political divide is good thing.

I love that type thinking an how it could an was be apply throughout history.

Let me see most voters do not think that women should be allow to vote so we should accept that or most voters do not believe that there should be interracial marriages, most voters do not approve of black children mixing with white children in school and we should accept that.Most people do not think that gays should be allow to openly service in the military and we should accept that.
maxdancona

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 05:58 pm
@BillRM,
In a democracy, it is the will of the people that determines the laws and the course of our government. We have a constitutional democracy that provides some limits and some rights... but given that our constitution is interpreted by a court of human beings selected by a political process... even these rights are open to human judgement.

When you impose your personal beliefs of right and wrong on people out side of a democratic process reflecting the will of the majority of Americans... it is no longer a democracy.

In a democracy you have to accept that not everyone shares your personal views of right and wrong. The political process that favors the majority view is the way we resolve these differences. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. The social contract in a democracy involves accepting the process even when you don't agree with the result.

You seem to be having a problem with democracy. If you want a government where you can push your ideas of right and wrong whether it it the will of the people or not, you might consider theocracy.

Brandon9000

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 07:28 pm
@BillRM,
You made two allegations:

The text you presented has no relation to either the of these and I will not allow you to change the subject. Specifically:

1. Redlining
Redlining is the refusal to offer services, in this case refusing to offer mortgages, market banking services, and operate branches in minority neighborhoods in Los Angeles. The settlement you are referring to was with HUD.

or the second

2. Telling people that their homes will be worthless "if black or Latin men and women are allow to move in next to them."

Please provide evidence of Trump either redlining or telling people that their homes will be worthless if black or Latin people move in. As far as you have demonstrated here, these are total fantasies. You liberals like to make vague accusations which, upon investigation, turn out to be grossly inaccurate. Provide evidence that these two specific things occurred, what occurred, and that Trump was involved.
BillRM

Mon 19 Oct, 2020 08:16 pm
@Brandon9000,
Silly person indeed.................

The facts are clear an can be found by googling them.