This morning I saw an elephant in my pajamas

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:01 am
How he got in my pajamas I'll never know but Dan Hicks saw a hindu in the Tulsa zoo statue of an elephant.

Quote:

Keep in mind folks, these cretins are allowed to vote!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,594 • Replies: 26
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:21 am
Marat we're marching on
Behind Napoleon
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:29 am
Hell, we are bound and determined to drag ourselves back to the Stone Age where we can sit around campfires and pick ticks andlice offn each other.
The US Nat Park Service has also published a "Creationist" view of how the Grand Canyon got carved. Its a totally incorrect, fact-free piece of Evangelical Garbage. It totally ignores the facts of dispassionate science that went into decoding all the various layers of the canyon and the large amount of time that it took to lay down these sed layers.
But, as has been seen over and over on A2k, there are a bunch of people to whom acceptance of the facts of science is the same as siding with the devil.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:31 am
Which leads me to the conclusion, I am the antichrist.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:39 am
How dee do. Yog Sothoth here. Gitch anything A?
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:49 am
Faith, for some, seems to require never letting the evidence get in the way of a good story.

I saw in the paper a Cardinal Schönborn proposing that Catholicism and the theory of Evolution are incompatible.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/09/science/09cardinal.html

The theory of Gravity seems safe for the moment.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:55 am
There's no such a critter as gravity-the earth just sucks.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:11 am
Dys
dyslexia wrote:
There's no such a critter as gravity-the earth just sucks.

Oh my gosh, does that mean Ross Perot was right? That giant sucking sound? I didn't know he was a Astronomist.

BBB
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:18 am
What is truly disgusting in all of this is how the politicians are running scared. For all the good politicians do--and yes, they do good, they are the mechanics who keep the social contract in working order--their ultimate goal is re-election. The loud minority of christians who rant in public about religion troop to the polls, or so it is alleged, in sufficient numbers for the politicians to ignore reason.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:20 am
Greyfan. An interesting bit of clerical backpedalling by the Cardinal. It oughta piss off a lot of Catholic Scientists.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:01 am
While searching the web, I came across this religious test, put out by the Landover Baptist Church. (What other laws should be changed--the unruly child law?)

I flunked.

A link to the complete test: http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0800/answers.html

1. What punishment did God say is mandatory for an unruly child?

Correct answer: D. (Stoning To Death) "And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die" (Deuteronomy 21:20-21). "For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death" (Mark 7:10). "And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death" (Exodus 21:15). "And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death (Exodus 21:17)."

2. What is God's punishment for women who wear showy jewelry and clothing?

Correct answer: C. (Ugliness, misery and death) "In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon. The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers, The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings, The rings, and nose jewels. The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins, The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the vails. And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty. Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy might in the war. And her gates shall lament and mourn: and she being desolate shall sit upon the ground" (Isaiah 3:17-26).

3. What is God's punishment of those who overeat?

Correct answer: B. (Death by plague) "And the people stood up all that day, and all that night, and all the next day, and they gathered the quails: he that gathered least gathered ten homers: and they spread them all abroad for themselves round about the camp. And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague" (Numbers 11:32-33). "The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel" (Psalms 78:31).
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:07 am
Setanta wrote:
What is truly disgusting in all of this is how the politicians are running scared. For all the good politicians do--and yes, they do good, they are the mechanics who keep the social contract in working order--their ultimate goal is re-election. The loud minority of christians who rant in public about religion troop to the polls, or so it is alleged, in sufficient numbers for the politicians to ignore reason.

The vote by the Zoo directors was 3 to 1.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:05 am
member when JC hisself condemed a fig tree for being barren. He was cruel, but fair.
Aloving God, myass.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 01:40 am
Diane wrote:
While searching the web, I came across this religious test, put out by the Landover Baptist Church. (What other laws should be changed--the unruly child law?)

I flunked.

A link to the complete test: http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0800/answers.html

1. What punishment did God say is mandatory for an unruly child?

Correct answer: D. (Stoning To Death) "And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die" (Deuteronomy 21:20-21). "For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death" (Mark 7:10). "And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death" (Exodus 21:15). "And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death (Exodus 21:17)."

Well, crap. I'd have been burying mine before they even got to the halfway likeable stage!

Quote:
2. What is God's punishment for women who wear showy jewelry and clothing?

Correct answer: C. (Ugliness, misery and death) "In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon. The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers, The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings, The rings, and nose jewels. The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins, The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the vails. And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty. Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy might in the war. And her gates shall lament and mourn: and she being desolate shall sit upon the ground" (Isaiah 3:17-26).

Maybe I should be wishing for a little less "bling" in that wedding ring?

Quote:
3. What is God's punishment of those who overeat?

Correct answer: B. (Death by plague) "And the people stood up all that day, and all that night, and all the next day, and they gathered the quails: he that gathered least gathered ten homers: and they spread them all abroad for themselves round about the camp. And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the Lord was kindled against the people, and the Lord smote the people with a very great plague" (Numbers 11:32-33). "The wrath of God came upon them, and slew the fattest of them, and smote down the chosen men of Israel" (Psalms 78:31).

Now wait just a damn minute here. I will not, I repeat, will not be giving up my hot fudge sundaes!! Bring it on! I can handle any stinkin plague you throw in my direction!
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 01:49 am
In an effort to maintain a proper "PC" equality/balance thing here, does this mean that Darwins Theory of evolution will be on prominent display in every Church?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:15 am
I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one if I were you, dearest Lord.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 03:17 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
In an effort to maintain a proper "PC" equality/balance thing here, does this mean that Darwins Theory of evolution will be on prominent display in every Church?

Dammit.

That's so good, it's erotic.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 04:25 am
They would be shocked, shocked, to hear such talk, Lord. (They might wish upon you some smoting or smiting.) Remember, they already know the truth and it's just what they say it is.

Joe(nothing evolves...God changes it)Nation
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:47 pm
Your news is a few weeks old, Dys. The matter was taken to our City Council last week which reversed the Zoo Board's decision. No creationist display will be allowed after all. It's okay. You can breathe normally now.

I'd love to be able to say that reason won out, and that Tulsans are more intelligent than you think, but...the truth is, it came down to money. The Zoo stopped getting regular donations from a lot of folks here after it decided to allow the display. WELL! We can't have THAT!

Interesting sidenote: Hicks was actually right about one thing. ("Broken clock is right twice a day"...hehhehheh) There is a Ganesh statue there. Nobody ever complained about it or stopped donating because of it, though. So it will remain. I wouldn't be surprised if Hicks is thinking about defacing it about now. <snicker>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:51 pm
farmerman wrote:
member when JC hisself condemed a fig tree for being barren. He was cruel, but fair.
Aloving God, myass.

My favorite one of those fairy tales was the one about the demon-possessed man and the swineherd. Having driven out the demon (heeheeheeheeheeheehee), he then causes it to possess the Gaderene swine--who then run more than 30 miles in order to precipitate themselves to their collective death in Lake Tiberius (those boys were always real weak on geography and history--Gaderes was nowhere near the lake). Now what the hell had that poor swineherd done to piss him off? Ol' Hey-zeus just up and destroys the man's livelihood, and that of his family on a whim. I think he was a real sick puppy.
0 Replies