Should I read "a system of thought and knowledge " as a whole part or Should I read it separately li

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 07:14 am
Should I read "a system of thought and knowledge" as a whole part or Should I read it separately like : "Spiritualism is a system of thought" and "Spiritualism is a knowledge"?

Spiritualism is a system of thought and knowledge which can be reconciled with any religion

"The History of Spiritualism," by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 293 • Replies: 8
No top replies

engineer

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 07:41 am
@solesoul,
From a grammar point of view, you should read "thought and knowledge" to describe system. From a practical point of view, both your suggestions are correct. It is a system of thought, it is a system of knowledge, it is a system of thought and knowledge.
solesoul

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 07:47 am
@engineer,
Thanks.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 10:25 am
@solesoul,
Are you familiar with the Fortean Times?

It’s a magazine that looks at strange events and the supernatural. It takes a very even handed approach detailing events and witness comments in a very detached manner.

It’s featured articles on Spiritualism the Angel Of The Mons and Conan Doyle.

I’m sure it’s got a website.
solesoul

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 12:46 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks for your comment. Can I find that Magazine on internet without subscription.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 01:18 pm
@solesoul,
I honestly don’t know. I used to get the hard copy delivered but I let my subscription lapse.

I’m sure some of its content will be free to view.

I’m not posting any links because I don’t want to be accused of spamming, but it should be easy enough to google.

I’ve just found a couple of back issues, one section is on weird deaths. The story that got me was about a Dutch woman who was killed by a falling flowerpot when she was on her way to a conference about the dangers of displaying things on balconies. The offending flowerpot’s owner also had tickets for the same conference.
solesoul

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 01:32 pm
@izzythepush,
Wow. Thanks for your guidance about that Magazine.
does the story belongs to Sir Conan Doyle?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 01:34 pm
@solesoul,
No, it has nothing to do with him.
solesoul

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2020 01:40 pm
@izzythepush,
Unfortunately I did not read Sherlock Holmes stories yet.
0 Replies