If you are from Australia, shut the hell up about racism in the US.

justaguy2

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 05:28 am
@izzythepush,
Yep, spot on, on all points made Izzy!

Quote:
I would estimate that about 50% of what’s shown on the telly over here is American, and I would imagine the same is true of Australia.

While I can't speak for UK TV, try more like 80% - 90% of TV shows and movies on TV here being American - unless you only watch ABC or SBS. The commercial stations like channel 7, 9 and 10 are notorious for the amount of American crap they show - you'd be very hard pressed to find much that isn't American on those channels (including their respective digital sub-channels like 7mate, 9's Go channel, etc, etc). I was flicking through the EPG just before I turned on my PC, and most of it was just more American crap. The local news is almost the only show I watch regularly, beyond that, I usually end up turning the TV off and going on my PC instead. I often wonder why I even bothered buying a TV in the first place, given the amount of bullshit the commercial stations in particular show, especially American crap. You'd once again have to only watch ABC or SBS to have any hope of escaping American show after American show here. Again, don't know why I even bother turning on the TV most of the time - there's sweet FA that's worth watching tonight on TV here for that matter. That's why I just turned it off...
izzythepush

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 05:30 am
@justaguy2,
You get premiership football matches broadcast at 3pm on a Saturday. We don’t, so there is that I suppose.
0 Replies

justaguy2

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 05:56 am
@izzythepush,
I glad someone can see what's really going on here... it was just so obvious to me the minute I saw this thread the other day, even before I read the OP. And you're absolutely right too, it's personal alright... So again, you're absolutely spot on.

Personally, I'm not sure if I should be flattered or if I should just pity the OP, tough call (leaning towards pity for the record). Sadly, this is the kind of desperate lengths someone like the OP will go to when they feel threatened by someone else. The OP has all of the traits of a sanctimonious, narcissistic, arrogant pile of ****. First, they try calling you a "minion" and accuse you of just "going along with whatever someone else thinks". Then they try making all kinds of insinuations about what you've said, usually and like in this case, being a complete and utter hypocrite in the process. Then they start the character assassinations and accusing you of "not having a clue of what you're talking about".

Now, the OP is getting even more absurd (if that's even possible at this point of course) by implying "I've never even lived in a city before" - even though I'm living in one right now as we speak and have been for over a decade, closer to at least two decades now. I suppose the next argument from the OP will be that "I don't sound like a New Yorker, therefore I couldn't possibly be living in a city". Or perhaps, "the city I already do live in doesn't have a population over 10 million, therefore it's somehow not a city". I mean honestly, just when you think you've heard it all...

Perhaps the sadder thing is that, and as much as the OP might think they are being "original", they are really not, as I've seen exactly this on the last forum I was at... As there was a member there (not referring to myself) who was notorious for putting people into their place (who also WAS very knowledgeable about computers and Linux, since it was a Linux forum). They were regularly the target of people like the OP, who just couldn't handle people disagreeing with them and pointing out the flaws in their post(s). So like I said, I've seen this before, and if the OP thinks that I'm going to shut up and tow whatever line they want me to... I've got bad news for them.

PS: while I have no problems whatsoever with people simply disagreeing with me, I have no respect for the OP just as a human being, let alone as anything else.
izzythepush

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 06:07 am
@justaguy2,
This is Max all over, he does stuff like this all the time.
Tryagain

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 12:02 pm
@izzythepush,
Yew guys make for a less than edifying sight as you strut your stuff over the corpus of Max's degradation in a manner reminiscent of Trump supporters at a 3K's hog roast.

Have you the humility to even consider his remarks may be the result of bingeing on boxed sets of Neighbours or Home and Away, or heaven forbid, even Coronation Street and East Enders?

No one ever loses by displaying magnanimity towards an opposing view.

Should you wish to debate the in's and outs of the Non-Intercourse Act (1809) which should not be confused with the Nonintercourse Act regarding trade with Native Americans, then I will be happy to oblige.

Y'all have a nice day now.
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 26 Sep, 2020 12:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Every American recognizes the phrase "A dingoooo ate my baibeeee!" (evenry American my age has said this at least once in a ridiculous fake Australian accent). And yes, my view of dingo eating babies is exactly the same as your silly argument about cities burning down.

I recognize the incident, but I don't think I've ever heard the phrase verbally.

It was a horrible atrocity what Australia did to that poor woman. Why would this be something to make light of?
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
Tryagain

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 07:39 am
I think we can all agree that wit on A2K is as scarce a commodity as oxygen on the moon. I therefore welcome the timely intervention of Member 370,294 Tzar to add balance to our different cultures.

Iffin' they wanna waltz their Matilda down at the billabong with a dingo in their tucker bag, then fair dinkum to them, as their sacrifice at Gallipoli will never be forgotten.

However, in the interests of fairness, I must say that I've never met an Australian who didn't know that the wife of an Earl is addressed as Countess. Ask the same question in this neck of the woods and the answer would be, "Do Men Ever Visit Boston?"

Thus: Duke, Marquis, Earl, Viscount, Baron. (In order of seniority)

This insight is brought to you by Harry and Meghan The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and first female president of America 2024.

*Au contraire, President is capitalized only when it comes immediately before the name of a president - you drongo!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 10:01 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If you want to say who is truly responsible for the most brutal racism (at least in Australia, Canada and the United States), it is England.

I don't think this is stated high enough.

If you want to say who is truly responsible for the most brutal racism, it is England.
maxdancona

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 10:47 am
@McGentrix,
Absolutely McGentrix.

White Supremacist groups are strongly pushing for "English only" laws.

English is the language of White Supremacy in the US.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 11:07 am
@McGentrix,
Pathetic, hiding behind Max’s coattails.

America has been independent for a long time, it’s about time you started taking responsibility for your own actions.

Now you can go back to licking the **** off racist’s arses.
maxdancona

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 01:23 pm
@izzythepush,
America is a multicultural society, American's today trace their ancestry from Africa, Asia and North America. Slavery came from England. White Supremacy came from England. The religious basis of homophobia came from England.

You can't blame African-Americans or Native Americans for White Supremacy.
izzythepush

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 01:25 pm
@maxdancona,
You’re the one blaming others for your own failings.

White supremacy in America is far bigger and dangerous than its counterpart in Western Europe.

Instead of kicking up dust and trying to blame others you should try doing something about it.
maxdancona

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 01:28 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
White supremacy in America is far bigger and dangerous than its counterpart in Western Europe.

Instead of kicking up dust and trying to blame others you should try doing something about it.

We are doing something about it. But recognizing the history and how we got here is an important part of it. The Native Americans weren't killing homosexuals until England came. The worst things in American history that we are still dealing with today come as a direct consequence of British colonization which included the slave trade.
maxdancona

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 01:30 pm
@maxdancona,
I was listening on NPR this morning about the statue of Edward Colston. Edward Colston was a celebrated slave trader and honored patron of Bristol in England.

Thanks to the Black Lives Matter movement started in the United States, the statue of this asshole has finally been removed and literally thrown into the sea.

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2020/09/15/ap_20160235502949_custom-d0e6e421ec1678427483847187ba366350c03066-s1500-c85.jpg

We are doing the hard work to undo the evils started under British colonial rule.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 01:38 pm
@maxdancona,
You are not, you’re pretending it's somebody else’s problem.

You’ve never been honest, Justaguy has made you look stupid so you try wrapping yourself in the flag. And for the most part you’ve failed because most Americans are smart enough to see through you. All you can attract are fascist lickspittle and cowards.

Slavery was ended in the British Empire long before the practice ended in America. And it was the American genocide of the indigenous people who inspired Hitler.

By your logic we should have left the Nazis alone because it wasn’t their fault it was America’s.

It’s about time you grew up as a nation and took responsibility for your own actions.
maxdancona

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 02:29 pm
@izzythepush,
Nonsense Izzy There are lots of Americans who bear no responsibility for the Native American genocide or White Supremacy. These are African-Americans, Asian-Americans and Native-Americans. The Americans who whose ancestry come from England... they are the ones who are responsible for the barbaric acts that are part of our history.

Our brutality, and White Supremacy, stems from the fact that we were a British Colony. The parts of America that don't descend directly from English Colonization are not guilty.

Are you really going to argue that African-Americans and Native Americans are responsible for Slavery?

izzythepush

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 02:55 pm
@maxdancona,
No, I’m arguing that you’re responsible for your own actions, something you seem to be trying to avoid.

The people carrying out racism in America are Americans regardless of where the **** their ancestors came from.
maxdancona

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 03:02 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

No, I’m arguing that you’re responsible for your own actions, something you seem to be trying to avoid.

The reason we are tearing down statues, largely of people of British descent, is because history matters. Our history of White Supremacy and Slavery is a direct result of the historical fact that we were a British colony.

If you are saying that history no longer matters, the anti-racism movement strongly disagrees with you.
izzythepush

Sun 27 Sep, 2020 03:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Bollocks, you just brought up Britain to have a go at me, like you started this thread to have a go at Justaguy but you’re too dishonest to admit the truth.

You’re not fooling anyone.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 07:46:41