If you are from Australia, shut the hell up about racism in the US.

justaguy2

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 07:02 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I don't know much about Australia, other than reading about the shame practices with immigrant internment camps and the continued disruption of indigenous communities.

But these are international stories... and even though I have my opinion, I have to accept that when I am talking about Australian culture or politics, that I don't know very much. I have never been to Australia, and most of what I know about Australia I learned from watching "The Adventures of Priscilla..." (and of course... Crocodile Dundee).

So you "don't know much about Australia" (clearly), but you decide to single it out anyway? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

maxdancona wrote:
But then I don't go onto predominantly Australian websites to spout off my uninformed opinions of Australian culture and politics.

While this may not be an "Australian website", you ARE in fact "spouting off your uninformed opinions of Australian culture and politics." So yet another example of your complete hypocrisy on display for all to see once again... you just can't help yourself, can you? Dipshit.

maxdancona wrote:
If I did, I would expect the real Australians to call me an asshole (or whatever the Australian equivalent of asshole is).

While not sure how someone would be an "unreal Australian", since you either are an Australian, or you're not... I'll agree with you just this once, and you said it because that's right, you are nothing but an asshole (and that's exactly what we would call someone like you, asshole).

Don't like other people's criticisms? Don't post/participate on a public forum. Simple. I for one won't miss you.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 07:03 am
@justaguy2,
justaguy2 wrote:

Quote:
They could learn from us.

I actually agree with you here... not only Australia, but any other sane country could learn [from the US of A] what NOT to do. Like for example...

* Electing a complete narcissist as leader of the country.
* Allowing any and every nutcase to have whatever weapons and guns they like.
* Shooting protesters and police officers sitting in their patrol cars.
* Looting and burning down half of the city.
* Bringing in laws to suppress voting rights of minorities.

...should I go on?

Sure... please go on. Your view of Americans is rather amusing. My point is that it is ignorant. I doubt you have ever been to the United States.
maxdancona

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 07:12 am
I spend a lot of time in Mexico, not just as a tourist... but actually living and working there. (I am planning on moving there permanently but that is another story).

Last year I was talking to co-worker in the United States about my upcoming plan to spend several months in Mexico and working from there. He launched into a tirade about how dangerous Mexico was, filled with crime and that I was sure to be kidnapped or killed or worse.

I have spent lots of time in Mexico... I have rented an apartment there. I have friends there. I have lived in a normal residential neighborhood away from tourist areas. I know how life is lived, and how business is done and how families are raised. I know a lot about life in Mexico because I have actually lived there.

So this idiot, who has never set foot in Mexico, was lecturing me about the crime ridden streets and how it was foolish to even consider leaving the United States. While as I, who actually have walked the streets in Mexico was sitting there unable to get a word in edgewise.

It is ignorance. You don't really understand what a country is like until you have spent time there.
maxdancona

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 07:26 am
@maxdancona,
Years ago, when I first went to Mexico on my own, I got to my hotel late in the evening. It was dark. I was hungry but I was nervous to go out at night by myself. I forget why I decided to screw up my courage and go outside of the hotel anyway, maybe I didn't want to pay the exorbitant price for bottled water...

But in spite of being afraid, I got ready and ventured out into the street on my own. And there was music, and there were couples walking by arm in arm. And there was a family buying shave ice for their little kids. I think there was even a juggler.

I felt like an idiot. But it was a lesson, what we believe from watching television doesn't often match reality.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 08:17 am
@maxdancona,
justaguy2 wrote:
* Electing a complete narcissist as leader of the country.
* Allowing any and every nutcase to have whatever weapons and guns they like.
* Shooting protesters and police officers sitting in their patrol cars.
* Looting and burning down half of the city.
* Bringing in laws to suppress voting rights of minorities.

max, are you saying that these things don't happen in the USA? Now, it's true, it's not as if these are the only things going on, and many of USAmericans live lives virtually untouched by these concerns, but I do think, in a political context, they represent such a breakdown in our civic life that the country is on the verge of becoming ungovernable.
Tryagain

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 08:29 am
Well bless your heart and I hope y'all take your own advice and cease deriding us southern folk and have some compassion for those who live in Point Roberts and have to drive into Canada to play golf at Tsawwassen Springs.

You write like books of lore, kinda reminds me of Dick Turpin, Dick Whittington or Dick Tracy...well it begins with dick anyways and that dills ma pickle.

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, calling us Hillbilly's and Rednecks is like calling the President's reign incongruous. Makes eye madder than a wet hen. Remember '54-40 or Fight'. El que con lobos anda, a aullar se enseña.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 08:33 am
@hightor,
Australia means

A bunch of white men with big knives while eating Vegemite and raping Aboriginal women. After that they sit drinking beer with a shrimp on the barbie while in the deserted wasteland deadly spiders, scorpions and snakes roam seeking hapless half-clad big chested women.

Do you want to say any of that doesn't happen in Australia?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones (especially when your glass houses contain ex-convicts, boomerangs... and venomous wombats in the outback).

hightor

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 09:13 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
A bunch of white men with big knives while eating Vegemite and raping Aboriginal women. After that they sit drinking beer with a shrimp on the barbie while in the deserted wasteland deadly spiders, scorpions and snakes roam seeking hapless half-clad big chested women.

And, if true, these are behaviors which other countries should attempt to overcome or avoid. There's nothing wrong with pointing out problems in other countries. It's usually understood that, when focusing on various social ills in a particular society, whether one's own or not, that we are looking specifically at problems and not making blanket observations about the society at large.
maxdancona

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 10:15 am
@hightor,
The problem is ignorance.

You are basing your views on America only on what you see on television. You have no idea what life is really like here. You don't understand the culture, or the feelings or even the history (at least not like we do). You have an ignorant, shallow and stereotypical view of Americans.

Every American recognizes the phrase "A dingoooo ate my baibeeee!" (evenry American my age has said this at least once in a ridiculous fake Australian accent). And yes, my view of dingo eating babies is exactly the same as your silly argument about cities burning down.

That doesn't mean I know anything about what it means to be Australian. These are ridiculous, ignorant stereotypes.

izzythepush

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 10:25 am
@maxdancona,
Hightor is American you muppet.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 12:04 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You can say that again, you’re ignorantly assuming Australians know as little about America as you do about Australia.

American television is shown all over the globe, there’s a lot of it, and it’s relatively cheap to buy.

I would estimate that about 50% of what’s shown on the telly over here is American, and I would imagine the same is true of Australia.

You claim to love irony, but you clearly have no concept of what it is.
tsarstepan

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 12:15 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Quote:
Every American recognizes the phrase "A dingoooo ate my baibeeee!" (evenry American my age has said this at least once in a ridiculous fake Australian accent). And yes, my view of dingo eating babies is exactly the same as your silly argument about cities burning down.

That doesn't mean I know anything about what it means to be Australian. These are ridiculous, ignorant stereotypes.

Is this whole thread of yours ... one giant (and lame attempt) to troll Australians? It's not particularly biting, insightful, or funny on your part.

Or did an Australian murder your parents? Raped your wife? Burn down your house? Pissed into your beer? Made fun of your new haircut?
izzythepush

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 12:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
Just a guy has made him look stupid a couple of times. It's personal, but Max being Max has to pretend it's something else.
maxdancona

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 01:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Is this whole thread of yours ... one giant (and lame attempt) to troll Australians? It's not particularly biting, insightful, or funny on your part.

¿ʇɐɥʇ ǝʌǝᴉlǝq
uɐɔᴉɹǝɯ∀ ʎuɐ sǝop ˙ǝɟᴉl uɐɔᴉɹǝɯ∀ ɟo lɐɔᴉdʎʇ sᴉ ʎʇᴉɔ ǝɥʇ
ɟlɐɥ uʍop ƃuᴉuɹnq puɐ ƃuᴉʇool,, ʇɐɥʇ ƃuᴉɯᴉɐlɔ ǝɹɐ ʎǝɥ┴

˙puɐʇsɹǝpun oʇ ǝlqɐ ǝq plnoɥs uɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀ uɐ uǝʌǝ ʎɐʍ
ɐ uᴉ ʇuᴉod ʎɯ ǝpɐɯ ǝʌɐɥ I ʞuᴉɥʇ I ¡ʎɐld ɹᴉɐɟ sᴉ ʇnoqɐ uɹn┴

˙ǝɟᴉl uɐɔᴉɹǝɯ∀ ɟo ǝƃpǝlʍouʞ ou
ɥʇᴉʍ ǝɹnʇlnɔ puɐ sɔᴉʇᴉlod uɐɔᴉɹǝɯ∀ uo spɐǝɹɥʇ ƃuᴉlloɹʇ ǝɹɐ
suɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀ ʇuɐɹouƃI ˙snoᴉʌqo ʎʇʇǝɹd ǝq plnoɥs ʇuᴉod ʎW
maxdancona

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 01:32 pm
@maxdancona,
This Australian is claiming that Americans are "looting and burning down half the city" and that Americans are "shooting ... police officers sitting in their patrol cars.

Is there any American here who will say "I am an American and I agree with this assessment of American life"?

This is Australian ignorance combined with arrogance who doesn't know squat about American life or culture. I wonder if Justaguy has ever even seen a real city.

izzythepush

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 01:57 pm
@maxdancona,
So now you’ve admitted it’s just one Australian.

It was obvious all along, there are a few Australians here, but the only one who could conceivably be acting as you suggest, (I’m choosing my words carefully,) is Justaguy.

maxdancona

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 02:11 pm
@izzythepush,
Well actually, there is this rather arrogant Englishman who like the Australians pretends he knows a lot more than he actually does....

The point is about ignorant people (who tend to be White liberals) commenting on the life and politics in countries they know nothing about (except for what they see on the tellie).

izzythepush

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 02:19 pm
@maxdancona,
I’m no liberal, and I know how to spell telly.

I knew you weren’t man enough to admit that this is all about you and the problems you’re having with one person.

You’re just like BillRM, he also tries to wrap himself in the flag whenever he’s lost the argument.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 02:28 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
This Australian is claiming that Americans are "looting and burning down half the city" and that Americans are "shooting ... police officers sitting in their patrol cars.
Is there any American here who will say "I am an American and I agree with this assessment of American life"?

Well I kind of figured that is what is going on in the leftist areas of the nation.

I am not venturing out into these places however, so it's not a first-hand account.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 25 Sep, 2020 07:27 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Last year I was talking to co-worker in the United States about my upcoming plan to spend several months in Mexico and working from there. He launched into a tirade about how dangerous Mexico was, filled with crime and that I was sure to be kidnapped or killed or worse.

My understanding is that some areas of Mexico are safe, and some areas of Mexico you might end up in a mass grave.

I haven't been considering Mexico for the 2024 total solar eclipse despite its strong favorability, as the good eclipse zones are also the mass grave zones.

I'm considering going right up to the Rio Grande though.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 12:05:18