What is going on with thumbs?

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 05:07 pm
Honestly I don't care. I have it clear that thumbs are silly. Fine.

However in the past few days, I have seen people (myself included) get over 20 upthumbs in 30 seconds. Clearly someone is ******* around.

Does anyone know what is going on?

maxdancona

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 05:13 pm
@maxdancona,
Here you go.... can someone get me over 100 upthumbs here.

maxdancona

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 07:51 pm
@maxdancona,
That people are thumbing down my appeal for upthumbs made me laugh.

A -100 would make me just as happy.
cherrie

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 08:06 pm
@maxdancona,
I've seen posts today that have about 80 upthumbs which makes me more inclined to think it's a glitch in the system rather than people actually doing it.
roger

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 08:09 pm
@cherrie,
Probably. Otherwise, it seems that someone would have to log out of one account and into another for each thumb.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 08:09 pm
@cherrie,
cherrie wrote:

I've seen posts today that have about 80 upthumbs which makes me more inclined to think it's a glitch in the system rather than people actually doing it.

I am pretty sure it is not a glitch. Someone is gaming the system. I could write a script to do it automatically with bots. The only surprising thing is that the moderators haven't stopped it yet.

I think it is funny.

Although on the other hand... it is only adding upthumbs (never downthumbs). That is a little odd.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 08:24 pm
Requesting upvotes or downvotes will draw the ire of the moderators. I understand your desire to poke fun at the situation, but further such requests are probably a bad idea.

To answer your question:

a) There is a some kind of security flaw that allows people to stack tons of votes in less than a second. I don't know what the security flaw is. If I did know, I would have informed the staff so they could fix the problem and end Bobsal's reign of terror.

b) Bobsal has abused this security flaw for a long time to mass downvote conservative posts. This has long caused consternation among conservatives, who have had many reasonable posts hidden from view due to Bobsal's illegal downvotes.

c) One of the conservatives (I don't know who) has figured out whatever Bobsal is doing, and is is now waging war against Bobsal's illegal downvotes.
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 08:30 pm
I think it's pretty obvious that this is bobsal's work yet again. It's been an open secret that he's been gaming the system here for years.

https://able2know.org/topic/552091-6#post-7059021
maxdancona

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 09:28 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
I don't think it is Bobsal. I know who one of the moderators is. I am pretty sure bobsal is not a moderator.

I am wondering if someone has set up a bot farm for this. It seems like a lot of work just to hack thumbs.
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 09:37 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't think this is a moderator's doing, unless by simply allowing it to happen.

I don't think Bobsal is a moderator like yourself, but my money is that he's the one doing this. Many multiple people have been aware of this for as long as I've been on this site and mentioned it to me privately.

I know you saw when he was radically changing thumbs on that thread about a week ago. He couldn't make up his mind what looked worse for him once he realized that I caught him. So my posts went from being downvoted into negatives in seconds, then upvoted the same.

0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 09:38 pm
@maxdancona,
??? No one that I know of is suggesting that Bobsal is a moderator.

Bobsal has been illegally mass voting for many years now.
maxdancona

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 09:50 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

??? No one that I know of is suggesting that Bobsal is a moderator.

Bobsal has been illegally mass voting for many years now.

FreedomEyeLove is accusing Bobsal of being a moderator.

Why do you think it is bobsal? I don't see Bobsal as someone with the skills to pull this kind of thing off.
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:16 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:

I said no such thing, nor did I imply it. In fact, I said that I don't think he's a moderator.

I'm now convinced that you're purposely misquoting and misrepresenting me.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:18 pm
@maxdancona,
Freedom has been posting on threads like the game threads only to complain bobsal is thumbing him down. He does even on threads where bob is not involved. He claims I do it as well and his lackey oral is snuggling up nice and cozy. For one thing, Bob only posts on the cartoon game threads (as far as game threads). I don't want to have to vouch for every member that oral and freedom or cold joint hates...The moderators tell us to just ignore the ugly stuff but then you see a bunch of lies from oral and freedom. They are not saying they suspect Bob, oh no, they are flat out presenting their opinions as if they are facts.

I do want to thank you Max for not jumping on their bandwagon. We don't often agree, but I would never think you were a thumbing nutcase, and I appreciate you voicing your concerns. As I said, we may not always agree but I think you are an honest man.......

oralloy

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:20 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I've not seen any such accusation.

maxdancona wrote:
Why do you think it is bobsal? I don't see Bobsal as someone with the skills to pull this kind of thing off.

Just as "publishing the means that the CIA uses to detect terrorists" will allow the terrorists to modify their behavior and evade detection, "publishing the means that conservatives use to detect Bobsal's malfeasance" will allow Bobsal to alter his behavior and evade detection in the future.

Sorry, but I won't share intelligence on progressive writers with a non-conservative (and especially not in a public post that the entire world can read). But I give you my word that the mass downvote attacks on conservative writers are coming from Bobsal.

If my word's not good enough, let's just count this as "me making an accusation" and leave it at that.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:21 pm
@oralloy,
You sound like a hysteric. Reign of terror???? You sound like a person who has lived under his mothers bed all his life. Would your parents be proud of your behaviour?
oralloy

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:26 pm
@glitterbag,
You are goofy and childish.

And you aren't very good at coming up with childish name-calling even though that is all that you are capable of posting.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:27 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
but then you see a bunch of lies from oral and freedom.

You cannot provide any examples of an untrue statement in my posts.

You cannot provide any examples of an untrue statement from FreedomEyeLove's posts either.

glitterbag wrote:
They are not saying they suspect Bob, oh no, they are flat out presenting their opinions as if they are facts.

Wrong again. We know for a fact that the mass downvote attacks against conservative writers are coming from Bobsal.
glitterbag

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:28 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
FreedomEyeLove wrote:

I think it's pretty obvious that this is bobsal's work yet again. It's been an open secret that he's been gaming the system here for years.

https://able2know.org/topic/552091-6#post-7059021

You just hope it's true. I don't know what name you used to post under before, but your current persona hasn't been here long enough to know anything about what's been going on or not going on. You folks are a bunch of crybabies.
FreedomEyeLove

Wed 16 Sep, 2020 10:29 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
We know for a fact that the mass downvote attacks against conservative writers are coming from Bobsal.

I caught him doing it last week, red-handed.

1. Forums
  2. » What is going on with thumbs?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:41:51