Biden Vs. Trump debate hosted by Joe Rogan

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 07:54 pm
Apparently Alt Right podcaster Joe Rogan has offered to moderate a presidential debate. Trump has accepted the offer. The proposed debate would be 4 hours in length with no live audience.

Any thoughts on this?

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/516288-trump-says-hes-interested-in-debate-hosted-by-joe-rogan
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 12 • Views: 1,054 • Replies: 34
Topic Closed

glitterbag

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 08:18 pm
@thebobeternal,
What's the point? Why not a wrestling match, with fans grunting like apes sound effects?

YOU might like to watch the battle of the bozo's, but I'm interested in the future of this country. I think you should check to see if Geraldo or some of the other clowns who pander to the desperate are hosting some sort of tractor pull for the masses. Why not Carrot Top, for Christs sake.

tsarstepan

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 10:48 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

What's the point? Why not a wrestling match, with fans grunting like apes sound effects?

YOU might like to watch the battle of the bozo's, but I'm interested in the future of this country. I think you should check to see if Geraldo or some of the other clowns who pander to the desperate are hosting some sort of tractor pull for the masses. Why not Carrot Top, for Christs sake.

Or the animated corpse that would be zombie Morton Downey Jr?
glitterbag

Mon 14 Sep, 2020 11:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
You're probably too young to remember Joe Pyne, he had a late night tv show where he was just a complete jerk to every guest...just absolutely despicable. But Downey was a close second.
shug23

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 05:47 am
Rush L. is certain there will be no debates, due to Biden's dementia, that he is incapable . I am skeptical of Rush's opinion on this, but I do see the handlers handling Biden every step of the way, avoiding questions
hightor

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 06:44 am
@glitterbag,
Remember the "Send Joe Pyne to College" bumper stickers?
hightor

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 06:46 am
@shug23,
Quote:
Some Democrats have recommended that Biden sit out the debates because of Trump’s penchant for false statements. The former vice president has rejected those appeals, however.

“I am going to be the fact-checker on the stage while I’m debating him,” Biden told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell in August.
0 Replies

shug23

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 08:05 am
yes, I am aware that Biden has said he wont duck out, I know I am biased, but I haven't seen him (Biden) talking without a script or teleprompter, or his wife or handlers helping him ......It's really odd......I know the Dem's hate Trump and will vote for Biden for that reason alone, but I am curious if the Dems see what I see
hightor

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 09:07 am
@shug23,
What I see is a guy who still has a problem with stuttering and has crafted his verbal approach with that in mind. He's also somewhat discursive. Reading from a script or teleprompter doesn't disqualify a candidate for political office. If he is elected the majority of his work will be with his cabinet and staff. He won't need a teleprompter or notes in order to converse with them and carry out executive decisions. And when he addresses the nation he can use a teleprompter just as every other president has. I'm pretty sure he can convey his message more effectively this way than Trump, who sounds like a third-grader when he reads aloud.
0 Replies

shug23

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 09:34 am
Ok, so speaking for the Dems, you believe that he has has all his cognitive facilities, and that I am misinterpreting a speech impediment for confusion......fair enough ( I am not so sure I agree with you, but you answered my question)
izzythepush

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 09:52 am
@shug23,
Trump suggested injecting bleach to cure Covid 19, and you’re worried about Biden’s cognitive abilities.

Says it all. The only only place I’ve seen all this questioning of Biden’s capabilities is on A2K, it’s just right wing mud throwing.
0 Replies

shug23

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 10:00 am
I saw what Trump said live, and that is not what he said, but the press spun it that way

....And I respectfully asked a question of the Dems and did not throw mud, btw
hightor

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 12:12 pm
@shug23,
Quote:
...and that is not what he said...

No, he used the word "disinfectant".
Quote:

....And I respectfully asked a question of the Dems and did not throw mud

Yes, you did. Which makes me all the more likely to engage with you in a similar manner.
0 Replies

shug23

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 12:44 pm
As I recall, without going back to review, is Dr Fauci was given update and explaining how disinfectant kills the virus, Trump ask Fauci if a disenfectant type approach could be put into the bloodstream to the same effect. Fauci said no.....then the newspapers said Trump said to inject bleach.....that's my recollection
glitterbag

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 01:58 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Remember the "Send Joe Pyne to College" bumper stickers?

ahahahahahahahahahaha Thanks for the reminder hahahahahaha
0 Replies

glitterbag

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:06 pm
@shug23,
Are you saying just because Rush Limbaugh says Joe Biden is diminished, you are willing to accept that???? Are you even listening to Trump??? He's already talking about a third term and that doesn't that strike you as a little crazy? He can't just jot off another executive order with his sharpie and make it so.

For the life of me, I can't grasp why anyone thinks that undisciplined vainglorious fabulist is suitable to carry the football.
engineer

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:15 pm
@glitterbag,
I think all you have to do is listen to the acceptance speech of both candidates from the conventions and make up your own mind.

Here is the Biden speech: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/08/21/joe-biden-dnc-2020-speech-full-video-vpx.cnn
Here is the Trump speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx76TtLYRwI
Frank Apisa

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:27 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I think all you have to do is listen to the acceptance speech of both candidates from the conventions and make up your own mind.

Here is the Biden speech: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/08/21/joe-biden-dnc-2020-speech-full-video-vpx.cnn
Here is the Trump speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx76TtLYRwI

Thank you for that, Engineer, but I would rather have a medical quack operate on my scrotum with a chainsaw than listen to Trump's speech.

Any speech!
roger

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:35 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I might not go quite that far.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 15 Sep, 2020 02:47 pm
@shug23,
Quote:
As I recall, without going back to review, is Dr Fauci was given update and explaining how disinfectant kills the virus

It was William Bryan, undersecretary for science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security
Quote:
then the newspapers said Trump said to inject bleach.....that's my recollection

Here you go:
Quote:
"A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?"

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful."

Don't forget that once he got push back from the media Trump tried to pass it off as sarcasm.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Biden Vs. Trump debate hosted by Joe Rogan
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 01:47:12