Inspector Holmes mystery

Don1

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 11:29 pm
Inspector Holmes of Scotland yard was a collector of rare and unusual coins. He was visiting a nearby market when he came upon a stall selling collectible coins being run by a well known female villain called May Duppname.

Inspector Holmes browsed the contents of the stall, May Duppname saw his interest and decided to offer him a special coin she had been saving.

"It's a special one of a kind coin," she told him "It was minted to celebrate the birth of Queen Elizabeth the second." Inspector Holmes viewed the coin and read the inscription on the reverse side of the coin.

"In celebration of the birth of princess Elizabeth, daughter to the Duke and Duchess of York, heir to the throne of the United Kingdom and the colonies of the Empire." it read.

"Where did you get this?" asked Inspector Holmes
"It was given to my Grandmother in 1926, the year of the queens birth. It's 100% genuine, honest, I swear on it." She replied.

"Well in that case you are under arrest for forgery." Inspector Holmes announced.

How did he know the coin was a fake?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 874 • Replies: 2
No top replies

raprap

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 01:26 am
Her Father George VI became King when his brother Edward VIII abdicated in 1936. Queen Elizabeth II wasn't born to rule and wasn't born to be the heir to the throne.

As a matter of fact, no woman could be born to be the heir to the throne. Only the first born male child of the king, by the right of succession, could be born to be the heir to the throne. That would have included Queen Elizabeth II little brother (if she had one).

Rap
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 01:02 pm
Spot on Rap Very Happy
0 Replies