Tuesday Lobsang Rampa

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:18 pm
I did not want to post this in spirituality and religion, but couldn't find anyplace else to fit it. EBLink

This serverbase has collected extensive extracts from the spiritual wisdom from the INITIATED Tibetan LOBSANG RAMPA-- who wrote many books on the ancient wisdom - nearly half a century ago. This, after he had entered the spiritual and seen the ignorant western world in a manner that was not understood by the average reader, when the books were published. He was the first who in a logical way, described the WALK-IN process - where higher developed beings have the ability to take over a body of a person who voluntary wants to leave this world.
The material from this INITIATED, covers all the themes from today's newage-literature - but his books are not transferred by the more doubtful means of channeling - but through self-experience AND happened nearly half a century ago!!

the death-process and the life on the other side

the different dimensions

the Earths far past

how life came to Earth

colonization from space

contact to spacepeople

the human aura

telepathic and clairvoyance

astral traveling

akashic-reading

the dark forces

medical themes (he was also a doctor in Lhasa/Tibet)

Atlantis and similar themes

body-take-over/walk in (transmigration)

etc. etc
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,172 • Replies: 10
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:20 pm
Search

Contents

Calendar

News

Symbolism

Buddhism

Vajrayana

Karmapa

Lamas

Dying

Storytime

Prayers

Links
On the road to Shambala ...

If you think The Celestine Prophecy is a work of genuine wisdom, then you have been taken in, in much the same way that people of in the 1960's were, when they read The Third Eye and other books by "T. Lobsang Rampa."

Read the following article. It is long, but worth the patience. You will get quite a bit of insight into "spirituality," "New Age" and the beginnings of Buddhism in North America and Europe.

http://www.khandro.net/rampa.htm
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:23 pm
Welcome! This website is dedicated to spreading the knowledge and practice of spiritual values which will help us as individuals and humanity as a whole, to progress - to improve ourselves and our world. Our world-wide mail group has been formed through a common interest in the buddhist teachings and spiritual and esoteric matters taught and discussed in the books of Dr. Tuesday Lobsang Rampa.
http://www.lobsangrampa.net/

Now Available
CD of 24 books by Lobsang Rampa plus audio tracks and Reader software.
Lobsang Rampa was a buddhist monk and a medical Doctor, who was born in Tibet. After many tribulations and much travelling he eventually settled in Canada near the end of his life and so experienced life in both the east and the west. Dr. Rampa was a revolutionary of his time, one of the first of the Eastern teachers to bring buddhism and metaphysics to the West in a popular fashion. He wrote many books about spiritual matters, beginning with "The Third Eye".

Lobsang Rampa teaches us the universal truths, pointing us along the spiritual path. Dr. Rampa's books also discuss the state of humanity's progress and he shows us how we can be a positive force for good, thus improving ourselves and helping our fellow humans and all sentient beings.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:26 pm
I thought this fellow was a fraud? I think I remember reading somewhere he was British, named something like Bert Smith and had made it all up.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:28 pm
The man was a Britisher who one day announced that Rampa had taken over his body; thus, he was now a Tibetan named Rampa. I don't expect anyone to take the claim seriously, just thought the topic was interesting.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:43 pm
It's interesting - I mean I was interested enough to buy and read "The Third Eye" many years ago. If nothing else it was a fascinating read.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:51 pm
I read the books in which he details a supposed childhood in Tibet, then takes the other body, and follows him on into old age, where he says he was working to unlock the secrets of the human aura. There are some exciting tales mixed in there, as exciting as any boy adventure book. What appealed to me was his obvious humanity behind the delusion.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 08:59 pm
He had a brilliant imagination. I remember the atmospheric feeling of the text, it was highly evocative and intensely interesting. Why he didn't write a novel (in a way I suppose he did) was beyond me. I never picked him as a fraud (and that's a word loaded with prejudice I know, I should have selected something better) because the stuff was so detailed and seemingly realistic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 09:12 pm
I once wrote the man a letter, comparing something in his books to another person's thought (don't recall the gist of it). He wrote right back, mainly to tell me, "Oh, yes, all of it is true. ... I notice you have not read all of my books. Please buy them as soon as possible . . ." I think he quite pssibly believed his stories.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:26 pm
edgar/goodfielder, how does he compare to Carlos Castaneda, another alleged fraudulent mystic? was Rampa a more "honest" fraud, in that he couldn't count on academic credentials to give himself credibility?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:50 pm
I believe Rampa expected one to accept him on his say-so, without hard evidence. Truthfully, I have not read Castaneda.
0 Replies