Can you see peoples aura?

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 09:12 am
My friend was on her way home from London yesterday(luckily she wasnt caught up in the bombs but it took her 4 hours to get home!!)
On the way a guy stopped and spoke to her.At one point he said he could see her aura,ie the colour round her that people vibe out.

Has this ever happened to you?
Do you beleve in it?
What do the colours mean?
Can you see auras?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 962 • Replies: 12
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 09:14 am
He probably just wanted to make her aquaintance,
that's all. I can't see auras, by the way.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 09:19 am
Re: Can you see peoples aura?
material girl wrote:
My friend was on her way home from London yesterday(luckily she wasnt caught up in the bombs but it took her 4 hours to get home!!)
On the way a guy stopped and spoke to her.At one point he said he could see her aura,ie the colour round her that people vibe out.

Has this ever happened to you?
Do you beleve in it?
What do the colours mean?
Can you see auras?
No.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:03 am
Nope, but when I was a lot younger I worked with a woman who swore she could and said it was confusing because everyone seemed a lot bigger. She seemed so normal (she worked in the Business Administration Library of a big university) that it always made me think she might be on to something.

There are Kirilian photographs that seem to show some kind of energy emanations, but who knows what they really show. Here's a link:
http://skepdic.com/auras.html

According to that link, this condition may help to explain the phenomena:

Quote:
emotion-color synaesthesia.

Synaesthesia is a condition found in 1 in 2000 people in which stimulation of one sense produces a response in one or more of the other senses. For example, people with synaesthesia may experience shapes with tastes or smells with sounds. It is thought to originate in the brain and some scientists believe it might be caused by a cross-wiring in the brain, for example between centres involved in emotional processing and smell perception. Synaesthesia is known to run in families.*

0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:20 am
Synaesthesia immediately came to mind as being the most feasible reason for the young man to see auras----that and the possibility that he thought it was a good pickup line.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:23 am
Some people say you can. If you are sick, it's grey, brown or black or something like that.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 10:31 am
When I was about 7 years old I was taken to the hospital to see my elderly grandfather who was sick. Everyone told me he was going to be OK and would be home soon. When I saw him he seemed to be surrounded by a gray fog and I somehow knew it meant he was dying. He did die a few days later. I mentioned the fog sometime later, but no one else remembers seeing anything. Maybe it was his aura.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 01:13 pm
Aura viewing is really an old and ancient practice.I have herad tales of it on 3 different continents.The best I heard was from an Indian friend named Lawrence Bain. A real shining star type guy t be sure.He told me his Grandfather taught him to do it.
What you do is, glance at the person quickly several times while keeping your eyes out of focus. it's doing this that leads to catching the first glimpse at a persons aura. ie a red one represents anger and a grey one means not very good.

I just stumbled onto this again from Carlos Castenadas' Journey to Ixtland the other day. This is also the method for spotting a power spot.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 04:12 pm
That's interesting, Algis. Aura-viewing does seem to span cultures. I remember the long search for Castaneda's power spot but I thought it was something that was felt throughout his whole body. I was talking to a friend about this and she said that she sees them occasionally... was taught to not look in order to see them. Makes me think of those strange pictures within pictures that people played around with for a while.

Green Witch -- have you seen an aura since your grandfather's?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 05:16 pm
Interesting.

I don't see auras - and I have little inclination to believe in them......but when I was a little kid, I DID think of some people very clearly as being a certain colour.

In particular, a neighbour woman, who was a very nurturing and lovely and gracious woman, I always thought of as "my brown lady". One day I called her that, accidentally - (I sort of thought mentioning people's colours a little rude). She exclaimed in surprise, and said that another child called her that. Hmmmmmmmm. (She wore no brown, and nothing in the house was especially brown.)

I had a small client who was said to see auras - explained very matter of factly by her mother when she said something a little startling. I never asked her about it, because it was not relevant to why she was there, but I longed to!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 06:08 pm
There once was an amiable kook named Lobsang Rampa, author of a series of books describing how he, a Tibetan, took over the body of an Englishman, that he be afforded more life-time to study human auras. Entertaining reading, but not very convincing.
Still, there are others who claim to see everyone's.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 06:11 pm
I have not, but our community college really has offered non credit classes in the subject. People say it works. I don't speculate on what type of person would take such a class in the first place.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 06:15 pm
That guy must have been on some good drugs.

I'll try that line tonight on the women. Let you know how it pans out. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.
0 Replies