The Zero Conjecture

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:00 pm
Human beings are drawn to simplicity. We have an intuition that no matter how intractable a problem may seem it must ultimately be reducible. And as to confirm our hunch the path of enquiry has led us from the bewildering complexity of the cosmos to an understanding of underlying simplicity. But some problems are so ethereal that even phrasing the question is difficult. Pondering the nature of God, consciousness and the universe finds us juggling hard science and philosophy with mysticism. If we could find a common factor, a datum edge fundamental to all of these questions that is naturally simple we would be closer to a greater understanding of our universe and ourselves. The Zero Conjecture proposes that this pivotal commonality is the information that the number zero represents.

God is Zero

We shall seek to define God as that which is uncaused. That which exists has information. That which does not exist has zero information. Zero represents the absence of information which is of itself information. Zero is information. Furthermore, information is physical. The implications of this can be better understood by examining the relationship between objects and space. When objects are present space has dimension. And when objects are not present it can be said that the space has zero dimensions. Genesis; a space of zero dimensions is a single point. As with the absence of objects the same is true of space; without space there cannot be multiplicity. A space that does not contain objects is a singularity. This uncaused dimensionless singular point is the progenitor of the universe. God is zero.

The Universe is Infinity

Now it must shown how this singular physical simplicity can manifest itself as multiplicity - the universe. We can consider the singularity to be in superposition with the void. Let us designate the singularity 1 and the void 0. When there is division in this duality the manifold reveals itself. We can express it thus; 1/0 = infinity (undefined). This is the only interaction that does not produce 0 or 1. Infinity is infinite number. This is our multiplicity. But multiplicity on its own cannot account for the complexity that we see in the universe. It must be shown how complexity can arise from this undefined multiplicity. Again, information is physical. Our singularity can be considered the fundamental information bit. Within the superposition the bit is infinitely spread out. If we consider this spreading to be quantized this may account for complexity. The quanta are effectively an infinite matrix of interconnectivity. Complexity can emerge via this mesh of entanglement. From these complexities follow the localised perturbations that lead eventually to stars, galaxies and us. From God (zero) comes the singularity (one) and by their interaction, the universe (infinity).

Gravity is Love

The longing to be as close as you can to that which you love is an emotional manifestation of the force of gravity. When we experience love we are being acted upon by a force whose effect is to draw us together. Love and gravity are one in the same - they are both the denial of space. Does this mean that the capacity to love or be loved is proportional to mass? The differences in body type in our species are so negligible that it would never be significant enough for us to notice. However, given the mass of our planet relative to an individual it is reasonable to assume that we would have a deep emotional attachment to the Earth. And this is indeed the case. In most cultures this attachment is expressed as deity worship, holistic philosophy or reverence of nature. It could be said that environmentalism is merely an expression of gravity. But our species also has the habit of destroying our environment. Such behaviour can only be described as hateful. Hate is repulsive. It is that which forces us apart. It appears that there must be an opposing force to gravity that is expressed in us as hate. The fact that we experience hate is proof that this anti-gravitational force exits. In light of recent astronomical observations this force could be responsible for the increasing rate of expansion in the universe. A question - why does matter aggregate as a spheroid in zero gravity? Because a spheroid is simply the lowest energy configuration. The purpose of gravity is unity at zero energies - the singularity. Love/gravity is the conduit by which union is sought for all things. Do we diminish love by equating it with gravity? I think not. Gravity is the most mysterious of the forces. Newton's description of gravity is an approximation (an incredibly accurate approximation I grant you) and attempts to formulate a quantum description of gravity have thus far proved unsuccessful. Love is the centripetal imperative. The poet and the scientist each have their own end of the elephant but are ultimately both describing the same animal. If gravity is that which leads to the zero energy singularity then we can say this - love is the way to God.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 679 • Replies: 3
No top replies

spendius

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:07 pm
If I was you mate I would apply to the Cambridge Philosophy Department for a job.They love stuff like that.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 02:18 pm
TPZ

I would dearly welcome your explanation via interpretation of the word zero, as you view it.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2005 06:22 am
High Priest of Zero wrote:
Quote:
God is Zero

Dualism. Everything enables it's oposite, and oposites create impressions of unity. You explain it beautifully.

Quote:
The Universe is Infinity

I'd say that the singularity and the void are one and the same, like ying yang, for instance. Opposite forces always in conflict to create the propulsion we know as causality. The interaction between void and singularity, as you put it, is the very root of causality, time can only exist within it, thus the universe, in it's present existence, is infinity.

Quote:
Gravity is Love

The equality between love and gravity goes only so far. It is the primal drive, but we humans have evolved to a state where our experience of this is much richer.

I very much enjoyed your post High priest of Zero. It is largely consistent with my own view of things, however I am not sure I understand the part about gravity. I do not agree that it is gravity's purpose is unity at zero energies. This is rather a trait of the universe itself, and gravity is an effect of that. Everything is zero, omm, the perfect circle.
0 Replies