Todays food kills

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 08:18 pm
Not immediately but soon. Whoever decided to allow big business to irradiate food for higher profit and longer shelf life is a future mass murderer. We were made to integrate all the healthy forms of bacteria and what have you from natures bounty. sterilizing food will have huge repercussions on our ability to assimilate natural foods from the garden.

Just you wait another 10 or so years when infants can no longer digest raw natural food.Because the mechanism that created it has been slowly destroyed by BIG Bubusiness. They will have you dying without their additive pills that allow you to eat natural food again.

Who got us into this ? Why has everyone dumbed down to poisonous foods?

Not even nature can save us from our fellow humans hands, who is slowly destroying a digestive track that took ages to form.The balance of life is a multiple of intergrated organisms not a germ free world. Trouble is it's probably men who inflicted an entire race to potentially destructive food. No woman would allow such a thing.

Stop this bacteria clean up surface cleanser using. Common bacteria is going to come back and with a vengence.Who got us all crazy over using antibacterial agents all over outr homes. I am vexed. Vexed I am.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,973 • Replies: 33
No top replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 09:10 pm
I hear that!!!! I have a large garden where I grow tons of veggies in which I can or freeze for the year. I don't use any chemicals in my garden either. Scary stuff that they're doing to our food!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 10:14 pm
Hi Gezzy, Your In Canada i see. If your near Toronto, tuesday night drop by AVLI Restaurant on the Danforth around 6:30 for the launch of Crete on the Half Shell.

Overseas I was commenting how I was enjoying vegetables thats turned old in a few days, letting me now Nature was at work. The girl I was talking with boasted back with not for long though, we're getting irradium something with a number. I was surprised this young person knew all about it and was awaiting it's implementation with a look of civilized glory. I asked , what do you expect to happen to your baby when you eat these dead foods.

Then they are born and they eat them , then something goes wrong and evryones immune system has been compromised. It won't even take chemical warfare to kill us, it will be the natural bacterias and what have you that will just take advantage of careless eating practices.

What gets me is, Why didn't anyone say that eating irradiated vegetables will slowly kill your natural immune system. This looks like controllable cases of aids related diseases all brought on by your not so friendly grocer so that the pharmacueticals giants can control you.

Look who's pushing all these wonderfull genetic modifications down our throats the big Pharmacy companies I bet. Planned disease is more the expectation while lining everyones pockets all along the way. It's so incidious, I'm completely CRANK about it.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 11:24 am
Algis
Thanks for the invite, but I'm all the way over here in New Brunswick.

I hear exactly what you're saying and it's got me peeved as well. I am no fan of the pharmacuetical companies myself. They also love to push their drugs such as Ritalin on children and adults and people wonder where all this cancer is coming from. This is why I work so hard in my garden in the spring and summer, so I can produce a big enough crop to hold us over through the winter. People who don't have the land or the time to garden don't have any choice and since I don't have a farm, I still have to buy our meat which of course is full of chemicals. It's frustrating to say the least.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 05:20 pm
Really, Ritalin causes cancer?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 05:28 pm
Algis, you should post something about this in the Food and Drink forum...irradiated and genetically engineered foods are a huge bugbear for me, as a chef, and the lack of labelling of such monstrosities. I got a post from ehBeth regarding the AVLI Byron book launch, but alas, too late Sad

If you haven't read it: "Unnatural Harvest" by Ingeborg Boyens is a greatly insightful book into the evils of genetically modified foods.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 07:29 pm
Algis
I don't know that Ritalin causes cancer. I did do lots of research on Ritalin 3 years ago when the schools were trying to push it on my son back in Mass and I think I remember reading something about it possibly causing cancer, but don't quote me on that. I was just saying that in general trying to make a point about all the poisions out there. I do know that Ritalin can cause brain and nerve damage along with other health problems. Tons of unnecessary drugs are prescribed every day that causes kidney and liver damage along with so many other health problems and death on occation. The fact that our food is loaded with chemicals really ticks me off because it doesn't leave us with much of a choice.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 07:34 pm
BGH, irradiated food, pesticides in feed and field, the modern day abattoir, pretty scary stuff, to be sure.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 07:51 pm
People who see how big my garden is in the summer always scratch their heads and ask me what I'm going to do with all that stuff since I only have myself, my son and my mother to feed. I just can and freeze the stuff just like they did in the old days, except for they had to can everything since they had no freezers. Unfortunately, there are still the fruit and meat that I have to buy at the store, except for the blueberries that grow wild all along the woods beside our house and the apple trees we have in our yard. I think I'm going to plant a cherry tree this summer. Some people think I'm nuts, LOL!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 09:34 pm
Algis, this is an excerpt from an article I posted on Politics under the name, Legislation Bought and Paid For. It ties in beautifully with what you are saying here.
It is from an interview with Dr. Andrew Weil.

"The national organic food standard is a done deal, but a move to weaken it slipped through Congress recently. The law, which sets national standards for what foods can be legitimately labeled "organic" went into effect this past fall. But in February, a Georgia congressman, Nathan Deal, got permission from J. Dennis Hastert, speaker of the House of Representatives, to add a little-noticed provision to the 3,000 page Federal Appropriations Act that undermines the National Organic Standard.
Deal, a Republican, inserted wording that would allow farmers to use non-organic feed for their livestock but to sell the meat, eggs and dairy products from those animals as "organic". Until then, the organic standard required that meat and dairy products couldn't be labeled "organic" unless the animals were fed organically grown food. Deal acted in response to a request from a big constituent and campaign contributor, Fieldale Farms, a chicken processing company. Congress passed the appropriations bill containing Deal's provision, which means that it is now the law."

I wonder if these people allow their own children to eat the food they produce.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 09:45 pm
We've got a lot of problems with our food. I think irradiation is one, the lowering of the organic standards is another. Using genetically modified crops before truely understanding how they work is huge. I am very edgy about hydrogenated fats, mono- and di- glicerides, and over processed grain meals. Then there's the anti-biotics and growth hormones in animal products.

Getting back to whole natural foods is imparative I think.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 02:32 pm
No fOOLINg with Food. Period

The other question is that everything is life is connected by this amazing formula called DNA. Apparenty the miracle formula has it's own destiny and desires. Maybe it's this that has us acting this way because it still hasn't finished developing. Maybe it wants us to mutate into something else again ?

You know on this planet, every x amount of years something happens and creatures are able to metamorphicise into something else all together. For instance land to sea mammals or vice versa. When these periods start, heavens knows, but for all we know it could happen again here soon. With all this toxic fall out from man endeavors on this planet. I hope we mutate into something more than a great big fat disgruntled amoeba type mind.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 02:37 pm
A major problem we Americans have with food and other living conditions is that we live in such a sterile environment. We can't stand the conditions that other peoples of the world and early Americans could.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 03:12 pm
I'll take sterility over a 24x7X365 case of the runs anyday.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 03:14 pm
That is a long run!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 03:34 pm
The people in our country spend billions for sanitizing everything from products to wash hands, dishes, bathrooms, kitchens, and ourselves. I really wonder if those products are really necessary? c.i.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 03:58 pm
The anti-bacterial products are a big problem, killing all bacteria, healthy and not healthy, thereby weakening our immune system. Stop the paranoia already, I think.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 04:00 pm
I think many of the "anti-bacterial" products are unnecessary and problems reduce our resistance. I think the same thing about many of the guidelines for "safe handling" of food. Here, you're not even supposed to thaw food on the counter, yet go to Great Britain and they sell fresh poultry, unrefridgerated, sitting on counters. I mean it's not I don't plan to COOK my chicken or hamburger. Why can't I thaw it out on the counter?

In my 20+ years of thawing, cooking, and reheating, I've yet to make one single person sick, except for myself, and that was from eating a piece of leftover steak that apparently went bad in a cooler, during transit. Gag.

At the same time, I do think cleanliness and santization are very important, both in the kitchen and personally. I work for an international company and many of the europeans that come over to work in the states, how can I say it, well, they stink. Get a change of clothes, a shower, and some deodorant, geesh.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 04:15 pm
Living with nature obviously means a symbiotic relationship with all of it's foibles. We are looking at breeding super strains of the common household bacteria into something, and only we can prevent it, like that flesh eating disease.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 04:18 pm
So does my son cj, stink that is. Well, maybe one day he will grow up. I think he thinks that if he stinks - that's your problem.
0 Replies