P E Dant

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2023 12:06 am
@tsarstepan,
Stepan - Yep, that's them Smile

False - I watch the midday TV news for as long as it takes to eat my food and then watch the full 7pm TV news right to the end

You like mushrooms on toast
coluber2001

Reply Tue 31 Oct, 2023 02:30 am
@P E Dant,
You like mushrooms on toast

True. Mushrooms on toast or mushrooms off toast, I never ate a mushroom I didn't like.

Assuming they're available, you have eaten a cactus, or you would if you could.
P E Dant

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2023 12:11 am
@coluber2001,
True! The fruit of Opuntia spp (generically called 'Prickly Pear') make a delicious jam/jelly

https://www.google.com/search?q=prickly+pear+jam&client=firefox-b-ab&sca_esv=578736586&tbm=isch&sxsrf=AM9HkKn90J8JrnuDORBro8RF1SgyP9yOqA:1698905374417&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQguXa06SCAxXuS2wGHf5BA2IQ_AUIBygC&biw=1006&bih=616

You have ridden in a helicopter

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2023 07:48 am
@P E Dant,
False.

You wrote for your school (high school or college) newspaper.
P E Dant

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2023 04:52 pm
@tsarstepan,
False

You once 'called in' a favour from a (supposedly) 'good friend' and they refused!
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2023 08:56 am
@P E Dant,
False. I don't really ask for favors.

You once been to a motel and really wanted to take home the pastoral paintings from the walls in your room.
P E Dant

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2023 04:48 pm
@tsarstepan,
True (in a way) - Not the paintings, but several of the books tempted me mightily

You have been in the basement of a very tall building
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2023 07:55 pm
@P E Dant,
For work, that is true.

You plan on putting up holiday decorations after Thanksgiving Day (US not Canadian).
P E Dant

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2023 12:08 am
@tsarstepan,
False - no decorations of any description, or at any time, in the Dant household

You once lost a wristwatch
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2023 05:47 pm
@P E Dant,
Lost? No. Broke or have watches just broken down. All of my watches I've owned died premature deaths (completely stopped working and not because of a dead battery. Including one pocket watch my mother accidentally washed in the laundry machine when washing my coat).

You never had Korean food before.
P E Dant

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2023 11:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
True

You have never met a Finn
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2023 10:11 am
@P E Dant,
I'm going to go out on a limb and say true. I have zero recollection of meeting anyone named Finn (if that's exactly what you are asking).

Your basement floods about every other year.
P E Dant

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2023 12:24 am
@tsarstepan,
Ack! Sorry Stepan, I should have written 'You have never met a Finnish person'

False

You have been 'booked' for travelling without a ticket

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2023 10:40 am
@P E Dant,
P E Dant wrote:

Ack! Sorry Stepan, I should have written 'You have never met a Finnish person'

My stepfather is part Finnish. But I suspect that doesn't count. But I also suspect that over the 10 years going to Meetup in NYC, I very likely encountered one or two Finnish people. Either as tourists visiting the city or someone who moved to NYC for work or school or whatever.

Quote:
You have been 'booked' for travelling without a ticket

False. I'm assuming by that you mean either given a summons or a fine for not having paid for an appropriate transportation ticket.
~~

You still have a Jack-o'-lantern on your front porch.

P E Dant

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2023 12:40 am
@tsarstepan,
False

You have lived for an extended period in a country other than your country of birth (more than 6 months, say)
0 Replies

P E Dant

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2023 12:41 am
@tsarstepan,
False

You have lived for an extended period in a country other than your country of birth (more than 6 months, say)
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2023 10:34 am
@P E Dant,
Barely. I was stationed in Germany. I would have lived there for years but the base was closed almost immediately after we returned from being deployed to the Gulf War.

You will be attending a local Christmas tree decorating event sometime this month.
P E Dant

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2023 05:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
False

You have a 'nickname'
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2023 08:55 am
@P E Dant,
True and false. Obviously, I have a nickname. It's my username across many internet platforms. But it's not something I use in the real world where I suspect most people would consider what a nickname actually means.

You go Christmas caroling with a few friends and family members around your neighborhood every year.
coluber2001

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2023 12:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
False. Do people really do that? With the new speaker of the house, it may become mandatory.😂

You'll be glad when all this holiday mess is over.