tsarstepan

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2023 09:36 am
@P E Dant,
After seeing this post ten days ago and thinking it over? I guess true. I do have a favorite sweater that by initial appearances seems fine but do have holes (kind of hidden in the armpits). Yeah. I tend to wear certain items of clothing which could be euthanized earlier in their lifespans.

You have an autographed comic book or regular book you keep as a sentimental keepsake but not mint - so it's likely not really worth that much.
P E Dant

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2023 06:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
True! It's my Grandmama's 1964 edition of 'Travels With Charley' by John Steinbeck... it is autographed by Grandmama in that she signed her name on the flyleaf... this is the book she taught me to read English with and I treasure it because it was hers Smile Smile Smile

Once, when younger, you saw something in a museum that you have never forgotten

coluber2001

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2023 12:05 pm
@P E Dant,
Our 4th grade teacher took our class to Milwaukee to an art museum and an auditorium. Strangely, I don't remember anything about the art museum except the very high ceiling. It was like I was an ant or standing in a cathedral. I must have had no aesthetic sense at all because I don't remember a single painting.

You attended a music concert when younger that made a great impression on you.
P E Dant

Reply Sun 23 Apr, 2023 05:52 pm
@coluber2001,
True! It was a group of Canadian First Peoples and they gave an open-air concert in the Market Square... they had a sort of 'pan-pipes' (several of them), drums and container thingys they shook in time to the music... they sang, they danced, they chanted... they were dressed in Native costume and were wonderful! I was very young, and VERY impressed Smile

You once learnt to play the mouth-organ/harmonica, or wanted to

glitterbag

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 12:06 am
@P E Dant,
False, but what a great idea!!!!

For a brief period in your youth you hankered to play the accordion.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 09:51 am
@glitterbag,
False. Pretty sure it has never crossed my mind.

You've never been on a ferry boat before.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 11:07 am
@tsarstepan,
False I've been on a load, to the Isle of Wight, Hythe, Calais, Boulogne (by hovercraft), Cherbourg Le Havre, Zebrugge, The Hook of Holland, and a few river ferries including a Ferry Across The Mersey, cue Jerry and the Pacemakers.

You enjoy most cultural events in your local park, but not all.
P E Dant

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2023 05:55 pm
@izzythepush,
True! - I especially enjoy the 'Cultural Days' held by various immigrant nationalities Smile

You are addicted to a certain type of biscuit/cookie... once the packet is opened you eat the lot! So you don't buy them!
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 09:51 am
@P E Dant,
Closer to true than completely false. I do have a modicum of restraint when it comes to snacks. Like instead of finishing a bag of chips or whatever in one sitting, I'd finish it in three days. I do eat the whole pint of ice cream so I buy them less than every other week.

You always carry around breath mints or gum on your person (or purse) when you leave your house.
P E Dant

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2023 06:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
False! The only lollies/candy I eat are throat lozenges when I have a sore throat

You, or someone in your family, has been the victim of somebody accessing your emails/bank account/whatever
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 11:30 am
@P E Dant,
Statistically speaking? Probably true. But I don't know anyone off hand. So, for now? False.

You were actively involved in your high school class government.
P E Dant

Reply Wed 26 Apr, 2023 05:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
False

You have seen inside one of those thingys on street corners that contain all the telephone line connections etc
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 03:21 pm
@P E Dant,
True. A year or two ago, I walked by one with the door ripped off of its hinges.

You have all They Might Be Giants albums in CD or tape form.
P E Dant

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2023 06:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
False

You once tripped and fell on an escalator (entering or leaving)
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2023 08:12 am
@P E Dant,
Probably true.

You've been stuck on a broken elevator before.
P E Dant

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2023 05:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
False

While stopped at traffic lights, some clown ran into the back of your vehicle
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 8 May, 2023 10:07 am
@P E Dant,
Thankfully false.

You always have a mint julep every Kentucky Derby season.
P E Dant

Reply Mon 8 May, 2023 06:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
Laughing Laughing Laughing I have never had a mint julep Stepan, but what a great idea!

You have seen bats in the wild
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 01:00 am
@P E Dant,
I used to see pipistrelles flying around early evening at my previous address which was in Southampton, so not exactly wild but they were.

The coronation passed you by like any other day.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 9 May, 2023 08:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The coronation passed you by like any other day.

True.

You consider yourself a Swifty (a diehard Taylor Swift fan).