coluber2001

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2022 02:18 pm
@Bubbles66,
Myself, when and if it gets done

You have roofed your house.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2022 02:23 pm
@coluber2001,
False. Though ironically (probably not irony), my father was a carpenter who specialized in roofing.

You have several first edition Peanuts comic collection books you read through several times a year.
P E Dant

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2022 05:42 pm
@tsarstepan,
False

You have, in the past, spent time on an island
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2022 06:25 pm
@P E Dant,
True. Many islands. I've lived on Manhattan for 7 years. I worked on it longer. I vacationed on a South Carolina airBnB last year as well.

You hate all things public transit in your hometown.
Bubbles66

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 06:14 am
@tsarstepan,
False. I have used a bus now and again, that was okay as clean and not relatively full up.

You shampoo and condition your hair every time you wash it.
coluber2001

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 01:07 pm
@Bubbles66,
I haven't been using a conditioner. Should I?

You take a bath or shower once a week whether you need it or not? 😂
P E Dant

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 05:45 pm
@coluber2001,
Bwahahahahahaha! Very Happy

Patently false coluber! Us Dants are well-known for smelling sweet Razz

You have found a fossil
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 07:04 pm
@P E Dant,
False.

In your teens, your first car had a hole on the floor where you could see the road beneath the car.
P E Dant

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2022 09:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
True! It also had the foot-brake between the accelerator and clutch! Very Happy

You once found a fledgling and nursed it back to health

Bubbles66

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 04:03 am
@P E Dant,
False. But had I found one then I would have helped it to get better.

You would pay for all us gamers here to go on a cruise, for a nice meet up and chatter. Laughing
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 08:57 am
@Bubbles66,
I need to win the Powerball lottery first. So? true and false? Also, I have been fortunate enough to meet a half a dozen or more a2kers as they have visited NYC over the past years. #goodtimes

You wait until the last 10 seconds before clocking into your work in the morning. Never sooner then you have to.

Bubbles66

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 09:28 am
@tsarstepan,
That's so nice about the meeting up of many. Very Happy

True. Although odd times when I was called in urgently on my off days I did forget to sign in. But got that sorted eventually.

Out and about at times: Someone calls out your name and comes over for a chat but for the life of you their name just won't come to you while chatting.

P E Dant

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2022 05:25 pm
@Bubbles66,
Embarrassed Heh heh... ummmm Embarrassed True Embarrassed Mama was very upset! Sad

You once bought a package of oven/parchment paper, but found when you got home that it was actually a roll of aluminium foil! Sad
Bubbles66

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 04:05 am
@P E Dant,
Very Happy

True. Then had to go out to the shop again.

After choosing what you wanted at the shop you then went to pay, only to then realise you had left your purse/wallet at home.
coluber2001

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 07:20 am
@Bubbles66,
True, but fortunately I live across the street, so I left a cart full of groceries and got my money.

You went home only to discover you didn't have your keys, so you had to go through a window.
Bubbles66

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 08:53 am
@coluber2001,
True that I did at least once realise I didn't have my keys with me.
But luckily a trusted local lady had my spare key which I had given to her a while back, and she had given to me a spare key of hers.

You went to the dentist thinking all you would need was a filling, only for him/her to say some more work needed doing.

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 09:09 am
@Bubbles66,
Quasi-false/true? Try the other way around. In 2019, I went to the dentist because of a chipped tooth/crown. I was told I needed one or two fillings. Prior to that visit? I hadn't been to the dentist since 1994 when I was in the army.

You met a celebrity in public and wasn't immediately aware who that person was until after the encounter when someone else told you who he/she was.
Bubbles66

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 09:15 am
@tsarstepan,
I didn't actually meet a celebrity but I did see one at a Manchester hospital as he was an outpatient as well.

You enjoy watching game shows on the television.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 09:16 am
@tsarstepan,
False. I was fully aware who John Otway was and he's about as famous as you can get. Although when I first met Dave Brock I didn't realise it was him straight away, but I did after a double take.

You have never seen Sooty live on stage.

(I have, with Harry Corbett.)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 09:17 am
@Bubbles66,
Oops crossed over.

I like Pointless, so yes.

I'll stick with the Sooty question.