"Absentee ballots" versus "mail ballots" (USA)

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 07:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Like you I think it’s important to encourage as many people to vote as possible. Voting should be easy.
0 Replies

shug23

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2020 11:28 am
@neptuneblue,
status quo: If you want to vote, go vote....Vote for Biden, Vote for Trump, Vote third-party. Exercise your right. Request an absentee ballot or go to the polling booth.

The ones that don't vote - across all educational levels might be :

a) too lazy
b) don't care
c) busy doing something else
d) are clueless
e) don't know who to vote for
f) forgot
g) sleeping
h) can't be bothered
i)- z).......go ahead; you add to the list

It's on them to vote. It's easy to vote in the US if one wants to; somewhere around 80% of registered voters take their civic responsibility seriously.

I think that's my definition of status quo but I am not the issue...Mailing every registered voter a ballot will increase the participations rate of people (at all educational levels) that fall into a)-z) above.......

and obviously, some of you think that is a good thing

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 06:34 am
Speaking of voter fraud: if I got this ...

https://i.imgur.com/zg0QWRy.jpg
(That mailer was sent out by the North Carolina Republican Party.)

... by any political party, I'll file a criminal complaint.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 07:02 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It’s quite shocking what is acceptable over there. No only would the gerrymandering be illegal over here the flagrant crippling or the postal service would not be allowed.

This is how they do away with democracy.
farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:47 am
@izzythepush,
were all gonna be wearing uniforms and doing "HAIL GRET LEADER" if Trump wins. We are already kakistocratic plutocracy, so hes shooting for a full frontal Fascist state.

I know Ill be among the first ones sporting a high IQ and technical training who will be shot in the "purge that will follow the election". I promise to go in a fierce fashion that I will be remembered in the fire pits of the coming Dqrk Age of America.

farmerman

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:48 am
@izzythepush,
dont worry, we beat you guys by sheer determination , strategy, coupled with wise diplomacy .
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:48 am
@farmerman,
I’m sure that’s what Trump wants.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 11:00 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

This is how they do away with democracy.

Should we use the UK's plan? They have effectively destroyed anything resembling democracy. Censored news and speech and an Islamic protected class. Persecuting rape victims by calling them racists and coddling the rapists with very short sentences or no jail time at all.

Your opinion is as useless as a milking pail under a bull.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 11:18 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:
Should we use the UK's plan?
The Electoral Office for NI has slightly different rules than those for voting in England, Scotland or Wales.
However, in all of the UK regions it's called "voting by post" and is done in the very same way.

What do you think the new UK's plan is? Why and how could it be done?
coldjoint

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 11:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The Electoral Office for NI has slightly different rules than those for voting in England, Scotland or Wales.
However, in all of the UK regions it's called "voting by post" and is done in the very same way.

That is wonderful. I was not talking about mail in voting I was speaking of the UK's policies stripping people of their rights. The censorship of speech and media.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 11:40 am
@coldjoint,
Well, that's certainly strongly connected to elections - you get the government you voted, by mail or in the polling station.
Thanks for your response again, I'll selected it.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 11:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Oops, sory cj! As much as I valued your response, I unfortunately had to de-select it since my thread is about "Absentee ballots" versus "mail ballots" (USA).
coldjoint

Reply Mon 17 Aug, 2020 12:59 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Oops, sory cj!

Apology accepted. Anything else?
0 Replies