GOP weaponizing pardoning powers!

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 05:39 pm
Trump has already shown that he is willing to pardon people who refuse to testify truthfully against him...and people who are political allies.

Now Missouri Governor Mike Parson is hinting that if the gun pointing couple from St. Louis are indicted, he will pardon them.

Seems the GOP now stands for Garbageheap of Politics.

What a disgusting group they have become.

McGentrix

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 06:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Golly Frank, that's unheard of!

Obama used clemency power more often than any president since Truman
roger

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2020 07:19 pm
@McGentrix,
Well, it might depend on why clemency and pardons were granted. I don't deify Obama by any means, but did he ever grant clemency because someone was a personal friend or refused to testify against him. As usual, I think we should look beyond just the numbers.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 01:02 am
@roger,
I Have a few thoughts about all this but it's almost 3AM on the east Coast..I need a fresher head in the morning .....I'll be back later.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 04:06 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Weaponizing is the key word.

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 04:07 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Well, it might depend on why clemency and pardons were granted. I don't deify Obama by any means, but did he ever grant clemency because someone was a personal friend or refused to testify against him. As usual, I think we should look beyond just the numbers.

Yup.

But I doubt any Trump supporters want to look beyond the numbers.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 05:59 am
@McGentrix,
Do you approve of the pardons/clemency that Trump has approved? Would you approve of a pardon to a couple brandishing automatic weapons at people in a protest march?
hightor

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 06:47 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:

Fail.

Yes, before Trump it was unheard of for any president to pardon someone who knew enough to put him in jail.

engineer

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2020 07:31 am
@hightor,
And really who cares about what prior presidents did. If James Monroe pardoned a bunch of pirates (which he did), why would that excuse or justify the pardons of future presidents?
oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:18 am
@engineer,
What excuses and justifies the pardons of future presidents is the fact that they have every right to pardon whoever they want to pardon.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:20 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
Trump has already shown that he is willing to pardon people who refuse to testify truthfully against him...and people who are political allies.

Rightfully so.

It's about time someone pushed back against the Democrats' abuse of the law to conduct witch hunts against people they disagree with.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Now Missouri Governor Mike Parson is hinting that if the gun pointing couple from St. Louis are indicted, he will pardon them.

Rightfully so. White people have every right to protect themselves from violent thugs who attack them.

It's about time that people stood up to Joe Biden's nonsense about letting black people rape and murder white people with impunity.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:23 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
Do you approve of the pardons/clemency that Trump has approved?

Yes.

It's long overdue that someone started standing up to the Democrats and their witch hunts.

engineer wrote:
Would you approve of a pardon to a couple brandishing automatic weapons at people in a protest march?

White people have every right to protect themselves from violent thugs who attack them.

I wholeheartedly approve of pushing back against Joe Biden's plan to allow black people to rape and murder white people with impunity.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2020 12:25 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
Fail.
Yes, before Trump it was unheard of for any president to pardon someone who knew enough to put him in jail.

It's long overdue that people started pushing back against the Democrats and their witch hunts.

If we outlawed the Democratic Party, people wouldn't have to push back against these sorts of witch hunts.
0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 06:19 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
@Frank Apisa,

Didn't Clinton spend his entire last days in office pardoning people for cash?
Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 06:26 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
Do you approve of the pardons/clemency that Trump has approved? Would you approve of a pardon to a couple brandishing automatic weapons at people in a protest march?

Where did you get the idea that they were automatic weapons?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 10:07 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:
@Frank Apisa,

Pretty much.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 11:01 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:
@Frank Apisa,

Pretty much.

That's not true, but I understand why that appeals to you.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 05:00 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Dr Sliptinschit wrote:

Quote:
@Frank Apisa,

Pretty much.

That's not true, but I understand why that appeals to you.

Ya gotta laugh at those two...rather than take them seriously.

They are funny...cute by funny.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 08:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
Media blasts Trump, forgets Clinton’s dicey pardons

Quote:
There’s been much wailing and gnashing of teeth against the audacity and pointed politics of Trump’s pardon process.

Sorry, but the prize for pardon whoppers still goes to one President William Jefferson Clinton, who, in late 2000 and early 2001 pardoned Dan Rostenkowski, a former congressman who spent 15 months in federal prison on mail fraud charges; Mel Reynolds, former congressman convicted of federal bank fraud charges; and Susan McDougal, his former business partner, who was jailed for contempt of court for refusing to testify to a grand jury investigating Clinton’s Whitewater real estate investment.

The swamp was deep in those days. And fragrant.

He also pardoned his brother, Roger Clinton Jr., who served a year in federal prison for cocaine possession. Central Intelligence Agency Director John Deutch got a pardon, after agreeing to plead guilty to a misdemeanor for mishandling government secrets. Clinton pardoned him in his last day in office, two days before the Justice Department could file the case against Deutch.

And then there was Marc Rich and Pincus Green — business partners who were indicted by the U.S. Attorney on charges of tax evasion and illegal trading with Iran in 1983 and who fled the country that year. Clinton pardoned them in 2001 after Rich’s ex-wife, Denise Rich, made large donations to the Democratic Party and the Clinton Foundation.

More in the story at link above.

Not sure why you would disbelieve the obvious, but I suspect that you're both just a couple of people struck by TDS.
oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 08:44 am
@McGentrix,
Progressives never like facts and reality. It's like they have an allergy or something.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » GOP weaponizing pardoning powers!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 11:56:38