GOP weaponizing pardoning powers!

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 09:32 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Media blasts Trump, forgets Clinton’s dicey pardons

Quote:
There’s been much wailing and gnashing of teeth against the audacity and pointed politics of Trump’s pardon process.

Sorry, but the prize for pardon whoppers still goes to one President William Jefferson Clinton, who, in late 2000 and early 2001 pardoned Dan Rostenkowski, a former congressman who spent 15 months in federal prison on mail fraud charges; Mel Reynolds, former congressman convicted of federal bank fraud charges; and Susan McDougal, his former business partner, who was jailed for contempt of court for refusing to testify to a grand jury investigating Clinton’s Whitewater real estate investment.

The swamp was deep in those days. And fragrant.

He also pardoned his brother, Roger Clinton Jr., who served a year in federal prison for cocaine possession. Central Intelligence Agency Director John Deutch got a pardon, after agreeing to plead guilty to a misdemeanor for mishandling government secrets. Clinton pardoned him in his last day in office, two days before the Justice Department could file the case against Deutch.

And then there was Marc Rich and Pincus Green — business partners who were indicted by the U.S. Attorney on charges of tax evasion and illegal trading with Iran in 1983 and who fled the country that year. Clinton pardoned them in 2001 after Rich’s ex-wife, Denise Rich, made large donations to the Democratic Party and the Clinton Foundation.

More in the story at link above.

Not sure why you would disbelieve the obvious, but I suspect that you're both just a couple of people struck by TDS.

Disbelieve?

Meaning "believe" it not to be true.

Clinton pardons whomever he pardoned.

I have never said he didn't.

Are you objecting to something I actually said? If so...WHAT?

What are you talking about?
oralloy

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 09:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Clinton pardons whomever he pardoned.
I have never said he didn't.

Well, you certainly expressed agreement with a post that wrongly said that he didn't.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Are you objecting to something I actually said? If so...WHAT?

It is usually logically unsound to express agreement with untrue claims.

Frank Apisa wrote:
What are you talking about?

He was referring to that post where you expressed agreement with glitterbag's untrue claims.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 09:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

That's not true, but I understand why that appeals to you.

Ya gotta laugh at those two...rather than take them seriously.

They are funny...cute by funny.

What was your meaning here Frank?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 29 Jul, 2020 09:57 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

That's not true, but I understand why that appeals to you.

Ya gotta laugh at those two...rather than take them seriously.

They are funny...cute by funny.

What was your meaning here Frank?

That you two guys are cute but funny...and that I do not take you seriously, but instead laugh at you, McG.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 10:49:42