Your mobile number was removed from your account

jres

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 04:40 pm
As I posted earlier, am being stalked by an out-of-town hacker.
Well, the fun goes on.
I created a new Facebook account today, and set up 2-factor authentication, so a code would go to my cell phone and avoid being hacked again.
About halfway into the day, I got this message: "Your mobile number was removed from your account and can no longer be used for 2-factor authentication".

So now I am basically wide open for another hack attack.
WTF?

I tried to go back in and turn 2-factor back ON. And there's only a button now that says "TEXT MESSAGE SMS: Use text messages (SMS) to receive verification codes. For your protection, phone numbers used for two-factor authentication can't be used to reset your password when two-factor authentication is on."

But when I click this button, it says: "2 Factor Authentication: Enter Phone Number".

In other words, somehow 2 Factor Authentication has been disabled on my Facebook account.

I tried going into the Facebook Community Help page and posted that I was being hacked by a stalker, and explained the situation.
The moment I clicked "Post", I got a message:

"You're temporarily restricted from posting in the Help Community until 16 August at 15:46"

Okay, so let's review:
1. Hacked by hacker
2. 2 Factor Authentication protection by phone removed itself, and only leave the option for a SMS text message
3. The SMS text message button, opens a window requiring a phone number, which is disabled
4. The help desk has been disabled, so I can't report the problem.

Nice.
If this is all a hacker, I have to wonder how they put bread on the table when they have all day to harass me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,044 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jres

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2020 07:20 am
@jres,
Frankly I'm tired of this. I mean I like the concept of socializing online. But Facebook has zero way to contact anyone at the company when creepy crap like this happens. They want all your personal information too, and their security sucks.
Is there anything else out there they don't own and run, that people are using? Something run by normal people you can actually speak to when you have issues. Not these phantom messages from their shadow management and things happening with no explanation.
I'm not really hip on Twitter.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2020 07:56 am
@jres,
Facebook is the biggest waste of time every invented by the human mind.

If you really want to do something intelligent about the problems you are having on Facebook...

...delete your account (if you can) and NEVER create another one.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2020 02:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

If you really want to do something intelligent about the problems you are having on Facebook...

Look at me and Frank agreeing on something again.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2020 03:52 pm
@McGentrix,

i see FB as a necessary evil.

its an easy way to keep up with old friends and distant relatives...
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2020 05:48 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Look at me and Frank agreeing on something again.

It happens more often than you think, McG. Wink
0 Replies