What is the difference between a "thought" and a "view"?

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 06:07 pm
Hi. What is the difference between a "thought" and a "view"? People often use phrases like "thoughts and views", "thoughts on" and "views on".

Don't "thought" and "view" mean the same thing, or is one an extension of the other?

I have an email I want to send my two Christian penpals. I want to start the subject heading off with "Thoughts and Views" but I'm wondering if that's a bit redundant.

Please help. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,641 • Replies: 7
No top replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 06:39 pm
Feelings and emotions are different than thoughts and views.

How a person feels about something is not the same as what their thoughts and/or views on something is.

Feelings and emotions are physical; thoughts and views are more mental. Thoughts and views have to do with perception.
Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 06:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
One, a thought, may not be a conscious conclusion, whereas with a view, someone has arrived at an opinion and formulated a view.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 06:43 pm
@Ragman,
So it's okay to say "thoughts and views". Thank you.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:10 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Feelings and emotions are different than thoughts and views.

How a person feels about something is not the same as what their thoughts and/or views on something is.

Feelings and emotions are physical; thoughts and views are more mental. Thoughts and views have to do with perception.

Correction - according to https://www.bitbrain.com/blog/difference-feelings-emotions :

"Emotions are neuro-physiological reactions unleashed by an external or internal stimulus (emotions are physical). Feelings are a self-perception of specific emotions, being a subjective expression of emotions (feelings are mental)."

Feelings and emotions are still different from thoughts and views.
Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why did you ask in the first place if you’re going to just to look it up and post the definition ? How odd!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
You never asked about feelings and emotions. You asked about thoughts and views. Quite confusing.

Furthermore your distinction about feelings and emotions being physical is flat wrong. That is also mental.
0 Replies

ander111

Reply Sat 14 Nov, 2020 01:31 am
@JGoldman10,
"Thought" and "view" have many meanings. In the context you cite, though, they're synonymous, and it'd be redundant to use both, IMHO.
0 Replies