david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 08:21 pm
@lifeismeaningless,
Past tense?

Well, at least it was for a fleeting moment. - David Lyga
farmerman

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 08:29 pm
@david lyga,
wow, you really hould stop spewing oaths unless you can uphol them. You sound a bit like "Senator Colonel Klaxton " who states that he wont "engage in spewing pejoratives like my Godless scumsucking opponent"
heres a snippet of your above post
Quote:
I will counter that claim without ranting pejorative personal attacks. Those two have a lot of growing up to do and should be imbibing at the fountain of maturity before they become too drunk with their selfish lack of character foundation.
david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 08:37 pm
@farmerman,
This is not a conflict or duplicity or hypocrisy. Honest criticism is not necessarily attack. Maybe Klaxton did not want his opponent to be redeemed. I do. And I use tough medicine to achieve that. Perhaps you think that this is mere excuse, but it is not.

There IS a lot of growing up to do. That is not attack. And drunkenness (inability to differentiate) is a distinct possibility with such behavior becoming normative.

By the way farmer, I love your profile. - David Lyga
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 08:47 pm
@maxdancona,
PSSST, Its not always about you max. Lets us stick to differential equations and enjoy his humor that reads a bit like "Nicely Nicely".

. I enjoy Damon Runyon or Elmore leonard, neither of whom gave a ratss ass about the written language in short stories except that it should NOT read like a dictionary, which is somthing our OP should practice a bit more.

The drek between you and Izzy is enscribed on A2K's " Newspaper Rocks ". Might I suggest you just carry on on PM's. Thatll let you know who even gives a **** about your mutual animi.
david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 08:50 pm
@farmerman,
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. - David Lyga
farmerman

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 09:51 pm
@david lyga,
I know. I enjoy reading Victorian style writing coming rom someone griping about what you call"Improper English".
Im not pissed at what Id call "Poor English" I gripe about perfectly acceptable techy words that get gloomed by another tech and then that word, by acceptance by the usurpers, becomes the norm. Stuff like "tectonic Shift" , there is no "Shift" in tectonics when used as an adjective.Tectonics when used as an adjective has about 25 preciise meanings as. established by the AGI . What the dictionary pushers really mean is a "TECTOTOPE", a word first meant to describe a unique set of features that accompany some tectonic event or similar events. We dumped the word for a bunch of two word nouns with tectonics as the adjective.
The computer people have also grabbed a whole bunch of words with perfectly good meanings established through tens to hundreds of years of use. Dont get me started on those pricks

maxdancona

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 10:13 pm
@farmerman,
I get pissed off by misuse of mathematical terms. For example, when someone says that something is growing exponentially when they clearly don't know what exponential means.

What bugs you about the computer people... Is it things like mouse, or master/slave or keys? Or is it something else?

I don't think the computer people have done any worse than other technology before computers.
Olivier5

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 11:50 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
people's writting on a massage bored like A2K.

Astute observation. This place is indeed very very bored, though it could use more massage...
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 12:12 am
@david lyga,
You write like the main character in a Confederacy of Dunces, Ignatius Reilly, and for that I am grateful. :-) If you haven't read the book, I recommend it highly.

The Nazis did try and exterminate European Jews. Leave history to historians. They know better than you do.
glitterbag

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:26 am
@lmur,
lmur wrote:

Wel sed.

made me laff.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 01:32 am
@david lyga,
david lyga wrote:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. - David Lyga

Did you ever have to apply for disability because you tried to milk a Kiwi?
cherrie

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 02:48 am
@glitterbag,
That made me laugh.

We refer to New Zealanders as Kiwis and I had a vision of someone trying to milk a big tattooed Maori. That wouldn't go well.
0 Replies

david lyga

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 04:15 am
@Olivier5,
Yet, salient facts negate the Holocaust. But providing viable, scientific evidence would constitute 'hate speech' on this sorry forum. - David Lyga
farmerman

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 04:20 am
@maxdancona,
computers have the ability to assault a language because the tech is still relatively young (not counting "programming looms" in the Industrial Revolution), and it subsumes a hell of a lot of perfectly good , and presently "in-use" terms and phrases. Im a user of computational science to assist in chemistry ans geophysics. Consequently it takes me time to "catch up with some new vernacular created by a coder" whose trying to play geologist but messes up a perfectly good symbolic language. (If it aint in AGI, it dont exist, thats the 1st RULE. Second rule is, in all other cases, look back onto RULE 1)

As far as exponential growth, we probably have biology to thank. So I guess I cant be too critical .

0 Replies

Olivier5

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 04:22 am
@david lyga,
This forum allows whatever, including your lies about the Holocaust.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 04:32 am
@lifeismeaningless,
lifeismeaningless wrote:

Quote:
No, I do not believe that the Holocaust happened

I liked you.

And now you know why.
farmerman

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 04:57 am
@david lyga,
Quote:

Yet, salient facts negate the Holocaust

I would be so appreciative hearing some of the more conspicuous facts about the non-occurrence of the Holocaust
david lyga

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 04:59 am
@farmerman,
See my latest post HOLOCAUST BELIEVER + HOLOCAUST DENIER = HOLOCAUST AGNOSTIC.

However, it might soon be deleted. The only thing that I have hatred of in this life is being gagged. I hold hatred for nothing else. - David Lyga
cherrie

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 05:06 am
@david lyga,
david lyga wrote:

this sorry forum. - David Lyga

Feel free to leave any time you like. Nobody is making you stay here.
david lyga

Sat 27 Jun, 2020 05:36 am
@cherrie,
But, you know, cherrie, sorry fora CAN be elevated to a loftier state. - David Lyga
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.35 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 06:09:00