Fri 26 Jun, 2020 04:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
lifeismeaningless wrote:

Quote:
You seem a lot like Izzy

Now that's an insult.

Izzy will get over it.

Tells me I insult people, then proceeds to insult me.

While also proving the Brokeback meme he posted not to be a joke, but rather an unrequited desire.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 04:50 pm
@david lyga,
I think its our responsibility to accomodate people's writting on a massage bored like A2K. Everybody nows that this isnt a sientific place that demands excellence from each writter. Untill they recieve a higher degree of education, we should be able to seperate a users post from a goverment form or research paper. But, they definately should at try to get some accuracy in what they , or he/she I guess, writes in they're posts.

link
lmur

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 05:40 pm
@McGentrix,
Wel sed.
david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 06:08 pm
To ignore the trash on this forum is one thing. To have the fortitude and sheer luck to be able to freely impart thoughts which are not constantly castigated by trolls like izzy and jespah is quite another. The lack of maturity with these two entities is rather revealing and, to be frank, I was stunned at the pre-emptive attacks. But, I have had many other attacks in my lifetime, especially as a child in the public school system, so I do not run for the shelter in order to seek a 'safe space' like today's vastly immature college students are wont to do.

If someone says something that I vehemently disagree with, I will counter that claim without ranting pejorative personal attacks. Those two have a lot of growing up to do and should be imbibing at the fountain of maturity before they become too drunk with their selfish lack of character foundation.

That said, the question was asked about transgenders. I feel that if a person wishes to act like the sex opposite to that which he or she was born, in biological terms, he or she should feel free to do just that. But to require others to use a plural pronoun to address such INDIVIDUAL is not only preposterous, but an attack upon one's sense of logic. If that statement constitutes 'hate speech' than I guess I am a hater (in terms very immature).

I voted twice for Barak Obama and have no regrets, as a lifelong liberal. However, when the left infers that I am a right-wing fascist, then it is time to abandon that newly founded radical left and listen to what the other side imparts.

There are major faults with this forced feeding that seems to be especially relevant to the transgender community. No, I do not believe that bodies which were structured as male should be allowed to compete in women's sports. To demand such is an exercise in pure selfishness and total disregard for another's inherent rights. Biological males are made to withstand more physical stress and have more strength than biological females. Not to address that as salient fact is to pay homage, solely, to one's selfish concerns.

Also, there seems to be an increasing demand to recognize the "fact" that some males can menstruate. Again, this is utterly preposterous and, again, the demand to acknowledge that as fact focuses solely upon one's total disregard for others' sensitivities. That demand uses politics as proxy for scientific fact.

Of course, the trolls will attack this, and if they do, I will not lower myself to their compromised, deficient level. I have my opinions and do not require others to expound upon them by either accepting or excoriating. These challenged, self-serving individuals might someday recognize that, unlike within today's university setting, knowledge outside of one's comfort level can sometimes be a salubrious and edifying experience which not only advances our ability to understand, but is liable to help to build a refined personal character.

There are enough people on this forum who are not trash characters in order to warrant my output. Agreeing or disagreeing matters not to me, as long as you accept me as an honest entity with something to offer. - David Lyga
lifeismeaningless

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 06:34 pm
@david lyga,
I think it was very uncalled for when that thing Izzy called you a KKK klansman.
jespah

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 06:38 pm
@david lyga,
Where did I attack you?

I am being totally serious. I have no idea where I did anything nasty to you.

I disagreed with you on grammar, fergoshsakes. And then you're the one who decided I behave a certain way as a moderator after knowing me for, what, a few hours?

So tell me where I was mean. I am honestly baffled.
david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 06:48 pm
@lifeismeaningless,
"Uncalled for" becomes "called for" in someone else's parlance.

Actually, the attack measured well into the twilight zone, thus offering to me an inferred benefit. It really was nothing more than an exposition of that entity's compromised character. not a defamation of mine. One wonders how such a lacking individual was brought up and what the parents were made of. - David Lyga
0 Replies

david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 06:51 pm
@jespah,
Good, jespah, I would like to be proven incorrect, and if I am, then I am satisfied.

I sensed bold inferences which can easily act as ammunition. But if I was not actually shot, then I am not dead. We will continue forward and hopefully advance with the help of this newfound and profound enlightenment. - David Lyga
neptuneblue

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:05 pm
@david lyga,
I'm still not sure why you sign off as "David Lyga" when your post clearly marks the name of the respondent.

-Valediction

david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:11 pm
@neptuneblue,
This is an entrenched fault of mine, not exclusively for this forum.

I need to assure connectivity, a nexus. This is a bit like compulsive behavior whereby absolute assuredness for such verbal association becomes almost an exercise in paranoia. There are worse faults. But your advice is well taken. - David Lyga
0 Replies

lifeismeaningless

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:13 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
I'm still not sure why you sign off as "David Lyga"

I think it's endearing in a quirky way.

I think it's unfair how he's been bullied here.
maxdancona

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:14 pm
I don't understand why anyone cares what Izzy says. I take as much crap from him as anyone. If it really bothered me, I would stop engaging with him.

Able2know is what it is. You can have fun here or you can go elsewhere. There are plenty of places that filter comments. On Facebook or Twitter you can set it to only show you posts you like.

Here you get posts from all sides. That means you can get posts from Max along side of posts from Livinglava and Izzy. That is what makes this place fun. Enjoy it for what it is.

Izzy can be fun to play with.
lifeismeaningless

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Izzy can be fun to play with.

I believe that would qualify as a Freudian slip.
0 Replies

david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:21 pm
@lifeismeaningless,
Your kind words do not waver into the unnoticed category.

However, hold your sympathies: You have no idea the constant, incessant abuse I suffered at the hands of peers in public school. Thus, my acculturation into ignominy is not .. so ignominious. I am used to such, and with fora, the pejorative aspect is well at bay with inculcated anonymity. Thank you very much. - David Lyga
0 Replies

david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:44 pm
Ixzzy is his (or her) own person and should not be castigated in such a way that this person loses humanity. (Heretofore, I will use the traditional default, 'he'.)

Rather than try to cause the downfall of a person, my assault upon him was formulated entirely with love and affection as ballast. He needed a wake up call and he needed to know that David Lyga could fight his way out of any wet paper bag that he would present to me.

I want to be able to embrace him (but, please, no Freudian slips with "playing with him"). Sometimes such seeming attacks by David Lyga are really (sour) medicine needed to foment a cure for the malady.

I wish everyone on this forum to be both engaged and loved. But, opinions should not have to delve into the politically correct realm in order to achieve authenticity with honest, forthright conversation.

What if I said that I would LOVE to befriend a KKK member? Would that then mean that David Lyga had finally found his political or moral attachment? What if I said that I do not believe that the Holocaust actually happened? Would that mean that I hate Jews? Strait-jackets are not my way of looking at life. I would like to explore these, and other, topics but Moderation prevents this from happening because, today, 'hate speech' is anything which upsets the far Left. This is utter garbage and, to placate the Left, special mandates are enacted. No, I do not believe that the Holocaust happened, but I cannot state why because of the mandatory, political circumscribed restrictions. These are the REAL restrictions on the First Amendment.

When we dare to venture past the 'safe space' stupidity, (indeed cupidity, using politics as currency) of today's university life, we then prevent discovery of what learning is supposed to be all about, but is never allowed in these higher institutions of so-called learning.

I was born at an ideal time (FEB 1950), long enough ago to understand a world vastly different from our present culture. I have hindsight, a little insight, and a desperate need to use precise vocabulary and grammar as my weapons of choice, so that I do not draw actual blood and physically kill someone. - David Lyga
neptuneblue

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:54 pm
@david lyga,
bollocks
david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:58 pm
@neptuneblue,
No, actually much more ameliorative than gonads, like a genuine desperation to make sense of life. I am a very frightened person, all alone (but, surprisingly not lonely) and fearful of being either disabled or incapacitated and left to the mercy of people who utterly hate old people. I am afraid and use dialog to counter this and grow intellectually. - David Lyga
neptuneblue

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 08:04 pm
@david lyga,
You don't seem wanting to change.

-Verbiage
david lyga

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 08:16 pm
@neptuneblue,
I honestly would not know how to change. Some people actually think that I am smart, thus capable of discerning solutions to problems. I am really rather naive and tethered to what I find real. Life's problems I find an enigma and do not know how to mitigate my fears. Again, my MAIN AND OBSESSIVE fear is my fear of bicycles and e-scooters which are overtaking pedestrian walkways. The greatest fear about this is the fact that such behavior is becoming normalized, thus NEVER deemed to be reckless. No matter how fast a bike travels on a sidewalk, that act is NEVER seen as reckless. This is a bit like when I was young and my father would drive us somewhere at night, It seemed that, inevitably, we would be traveling behind a drunk driver, weaving in and out of traffic. In that era, drunk driving was not considered so bad. It was tolerated, because many of the drunk drivers were off-duty cops. Then, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers stepped into the equation and changed everything. The cops did not have the balls to do this, but the women did. The present police efforts against drunk drivers exposes their inherent duplicity. - David Lyga
0 Replies

lifeismeaningless

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 08:16 pm
@david lyga,
Quote:
No, I do not believe that the Holocaust happened

I liked you.

Dude...

https://media.tenor.com/images/5c735243bd7bf04b6bbe5c5b55b28b72/tenor.gif

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 01:16:17