Donald Trump’s Tulsa rally fizzles as seats go empty.

coldjoint

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 06:53 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Then, that would be wrong.

Only to someone with a sense of fairness and equality.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:03 pm
@McGentrix,
Art , when the artist retains rights, is PROPERTY. Springsteen made the point several times when Bush or Christie, or Trump and even one of the more honorable politicos, like John McCain, tried to adopt some of Springsteen's "workmans songs" for their campaigns and Bruce told em all to go **** themselves and just get yer own music."I decide who can license it"

Andy Wyeth, after he sold a major Wyeth piece, would retain righst for prints and signed limited editions. Its PROPERTY. Wyeth was a GOPer although, I dont thkn Jamie followed along.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:08 pm
@farmerman,
I advise ignoring them and let them whine. Mr. Trump should play whatever music he wants to play.

If they want to charge a reasonable royalty for the use of their songs, sure. He should pay that.

But no one should let a deranged leftist try to tell him what music he can or can't play.

That said, how about some technical death metal? Something from Death's "Symbolic" sounds about right.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:15 pm
@oralloy,
I'm not understanding why you promote breaking the law and stealing musical rights.
farmerman

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:22 pm
@oralloy,
Read all you can about property law , then come back all full of yourself.(I guarantee youll change your whining)
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:33 pm
@farmerman,
Wrong again. No whining on my part.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:34 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
I'm not understanding why you promote breaking the law and stealing musical rights.

I don't propose stealing anything. I said that he should pay a reasonable royalty for using the song.
farmerman

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:34 pm
@oralloy,
so you dont whine when youre discovered to be dead wrong again
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:36 pm
@oralloy,
And that's the exact issue, he doesn't pay, he doesn't even ask.

It's stealing intellectual property and you're ok with that.

Pretty dishonest and dishonorable by the Trump Administration.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:55 pm
@neptuneblue,
Because Ivanka steals the designs for her fashion lines.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:57 pm
@neptuneblue,
How does my statement that he should pay reasonable royalties equate to being OK with not paying royalties???
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 07:58 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
so you dont whine when youre discovered to be dead wrong again

You cannot find any untrue statements in any of my posts.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:00 pm
@oralloy,
Because, if you had read the article instead of barking out insanity, you'd know:

Quote:
In a statement issued on the Twitter account of the late musician, it says, "Trump was no way authorized to use this song to further a campaign that leaves too many Americans and common sense behind.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:17 pm
@neptuneblue,
So in other words you were wrong to say that I thought it was OK for him to skip paying reasonable royalties.

I in fact think that he should pay reasonable royalties.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:23 pm
@oralloy,
Considering the fact he hasn't and continues to steal intellectual property of others without remuneration, you are the one in the wrong.

Now, if he HAD paid, even without permission, that would at least assuage the issue. However, you still support a person who steals. That's pretty dishonest and dishonorable. And wrong.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:29 pm
@neptuneblue,
That is incorrect. I am not wrong to say he should pay reasonable royalties.

Saying that he should pay reasonable royalties is in no way support for not paying reasonable royalties.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:30 pm
@oralloy,
Then why do you support someone who is dishonorable and steals?
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:34 pm
@neptuneblue,
I support the President because he protects our gun rights and appoints justices who protect our gun rights.

Joe Biden means to violate our gun rights for no reason and appoint justices who will allow our gun rights to be violated for no reason.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:37 pm
@neptuneblue,
He just doesn't get it. He'd argue that any store has the right to deny service to anyone, but not Tom Petty. He's a perfect little hypocrite.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2020 08:43 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
You can always tell a progressive has no facts or logic when they make up phony arguments instead of addressing what people actually say.
0 Replies