Police Unions: The real villains.

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 05:42 pm
I am so sick of Police Unions. They are a bunch of whiny little bitches whose main goal is to keep police officers from being held accountable. I am generally pro-union, but the police unions are single-handedly causing the current unrest.

We give them authority, we give them training, we give them resources and we give them respect. In return, we expect them to act professionally.

A police officer that serves their community with honor, follows the rules and cares about protecting the people in their care has my respect. I will be the first to applaud good cops.

But cops who break the rules, defy their communities or abuse their power need to be held accountable. And that is the problem. The unions are standing in the way of accountable, which is the very thing that we are demanding.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 719 • Replies: 34

roger

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 05:50 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm more inclined to think it's a cultural thing.
livinglava

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 05:55 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I am so sick of Police Unions. They are a bunch of whiny little bitches whose main goal is to keep police officers from being held accountable. I am generally pro-union, but the police unions are single-handedly causing the current unrest.

We give them authority, we give them training, we give them resources and we give them respect. In return, we expect them to act professionally.

A police officer that serves their community with honor, follows the rules and cares about protecting the people in their care has my respect. I will be the first to applaud good cops.

But cops who break the rules, defy their communities or abuse their power need to be held accountable. And that is the problem. The unions are standing in the way of accountable, which is the very thing that we are demanding.

I'm not going to say anything in favor or against unions here, but do you understand that there are criminal strategists who would target certain police for harassment and firing just because they make crime too difficult for them?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 06:23 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

If there is accountability for police officers, then much of the problem goes away. There should be resources for the police to do their jobs, but the police should also understand that they have to follow the rules.

livinglava

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 06:40 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

roger wrote:

If there is accountability for police officers, then much of the problem goes away. There should be resources for the police to do their jobs, but the police should also understand that they have to follow the rules.

Criminals are going to abuse any form of accountability for police to try to get the upper hand against police who make crime more difficult for them and their organizations.

What crime wants is police who let them get away with what they want to get away with and only police other people, e.g. their business rivals and enemies.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 08:05 pm
@livinglava,
You are being silly again Lava.
farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 08:19 pm
@maxdancona,
The model that is being employed by Camden NJ is one in which a "Public safety and service" organization has replaced the unionized Police Dept.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 08:28 pm
@farmerman,
I am usually pro-union. I was part of a union a long time ago (as a teacher).

The police union are such asses, they are the biggest obstacle to us fixing the problems in law-enforcement.

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 08:39 pm
@maxdancona,
coal miners union makes the cops look like Kinny Garten hall monitors. The only reason cop unions look so is that they are closer to the criminal element and they lose their senses of honor and fealty to their constituents .
The miners unions are all crooks from the get-go. They dont descend into the dark side.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 08:40 pm
@maxdancona,
If you taught college you were a member of a guild of prefessional teachers, not a union.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 09:49 pm
@farmerman,
I taught in both high school and college. In high school I was part of a union with dues and meetings and even a very brief work action.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 09:51 pm
It seems like the conservatives are playing the downthumb game here (I only know that because they are getting farmerman too... which my usual fans wouldn't do).

Conservative hypocrites.
livinglava

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 10:52 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You are in total denial of how criminal behavior works. You are in total denial of how business, including the businesses of crime, manipulate government, rules/procedures, regulations, courts, etc. to make it easier for them to accomplish their goals.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason we are seeing so much anti-police protest right now is simply because the demand for illegal recreational drugs is high and the schools and other venues that are used as hubs for distributing drugs have been closed, so people were probably passing them out at the demonstrations.

All this talk about defunding police is probably being supported by covert criminal organizations that want to make it easier to distribute drugs without police interference.

Crime/drugs is a lucrative industry with money to invest in various forms of lobbying, just like other industries. It's ironic that whereas the Democrats will complain about government catering to industries like big coal, big oil, etc.; they just pretend like organized crime and illegal recreational drug industries don't exist.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 11:04 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
They are a bunch of whiny little bitches whose main goal is to keep police officers from being held accountable.

I'm pro-union myself but public-sector trade unions have always seemed as if they were skirting the legitimacy issue, as they're not directly working for a profit-making business.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2020 11:15 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
They are a bunch of whiny little bitches whose main goal is to keep police officers from being held accountable.

I'm pro-union myself but public-sector trade unions have always seemed as if they were skirting the legitimacy issue, as they're not directly working for a profit-making business.

I think the police unions are a special case because.

1. Police have a special role for which we give them power and responsibility. When the police screw up, someone often dies.

2. The police unions are actively resisting the calls for reform from the people they serve. The teachers union made sure to reach out to the community we all understood we were working for.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 04:22 am
@maxdancona,
Reform = Prevent police officers from defending themselves whenever a black person tries to murder them.

They are right to resist.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 04:23 am
maxdancona wrote:
I am so sick of Police Unions. They are a bunch of whiny little bitches whose main goal is to keep police officers from being held accountable.

What they do is prevent you from lynching innocent police officers for defending themselves.

maxdancona wrote:
I am generally pro-union, but the police unions are single-handedly causing the current unrest.

That's because the current unrest is the result of BLM goons being upset that police officers are still allowed to defend themselves.

maxdancona wrote:

That includes the right to defend themselves when someone tries to murder them.

maxdancona wrote:

Except you don't. You falsely accuse good cops of being bad cops.

maxdancona wrote:

That is incorrect. They are standing in the way of your efforts to lynch good cops.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 04:24 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

No he isn't. Criminals do indeed falsely accuse police officers all the time.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 04:25 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The police union are such asses, they are the biggest obstacle to us fixing the problems in law-enforcement.

I do not agree that an officer's right to defend himself is a problem.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 04:26 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
It seems like the conservatives are playing the downthumb game here (I only know that because they are getting farmerman too... which my usual fans wouldn't do).
Conservative hypocrites.

Actually I voted you up, which is a service I provide to any downvoted person who hasn't slandered me with name-calling.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Police Unions: The real villains.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 02:12:27