Police Unions: The real villains.

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:45 am
@maxdancona,
Im amazed at how the actual facts of union intervention oon behalf of thir police brotherhood members criminality hasnt been givn its due of credibility by many here. Language like "A cop should be able to defend himself" has not been the issue. We have evidence of preemptive crimes of violence ON FILM (mostly on black people) and they still try to justify these crimes. We have the entire Floyd event on tape and theres no doubt of the cops unprofessionalism and criminal intent was there all along.
The union is stepping in to help mitigate the officers punishment from a standpoint of "They were doing their duty" and the "qualified immunity" laws.

Much needs to change besides making the unions into professional guilds with no involvements in personal lives (like it is in our university tachers guilds)

Ive seen almost every union in the nation show us how their uses of violence and intimidation is merely a "bargaining tool" and the members, (even in the service unions) get a sense of "entitlement and being above the laws
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:47 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Language like "A cop should be able to defend himself" has not been the issue.

That is incorrect. These BLM goons are trying to lynch innocent cops for justifiably defending themselves.
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 07:09 am
@oralloy,
see what I mean? He reachs a conlusion based on some single event, yet ignores the vast amount of events where the police are held unaccountable based on qualified immunity.
I hope that the Floyd an Taylor issues will be the beginning of the end where black folks are treated as subhumans. Police have a job and I feel that the Hippocratic Oath should ride with them also. It seems that the cops are more prone to escalate a condition rather than calm it.

"ABOVE ALL ELSE, DO NO HARM"

oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 07:14 am
@farmerman,
There are many events where BLM goons try to lynch people (usually police officers) for justified self defense.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 08:24 am
@farmerman,
Hopefully "qualified immunity" will be overturned. That should be a demand of the protesters. I am not sure if Biden can lead that effort, or if our current Democratic congress members have the courage.

Strangely, I think that Trump is helping the Black Lives Matter movement. He makes them more legitimate.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 08:26 am
@maxdancona,
Good luck defending yourself once you can't get any help from the police.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 09:21 am
@oralloy,
That shouldn't matter.

According to you, we should shoot first and saunter off without being noticed.
oralloy

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 09:38 am
@neptuneblue,
shoot first = defending yourself
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 09:59 am
@maxdancona,
I am a little surprised to see this opinion from you Max.

This is how I feel about most unions.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 10:41 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

I am a little surprised to see this opinion from you Max.

This is how I feel about most unions.

I have a libertarian streak, McGentrix. You haven't noticed?

(I have been ranting against price controls recently too.)

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 05:24 pm
If unions die, then so too do the people.
livinglava

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:03 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

What do you think happens when unions press for higher wages and higher wage minimums? There is less investment in job-creation and thus higher unemployment.

The value of money is relative to what you can buy with it. If you have more people working to make more food, the price has to adapt to whatever people can afford to pay for it. So when you push up wages and wage-minimums, all you're doing is driving up the price of food and other costs of living so that people who are in debt can pay off the debts easier with inflated money.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 06:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

This seems a little silly.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2020 11:17 pm
@maxdancona,
You do not have a good understanding of union history. What life and working conditions were like prior to the establishment of the first and second and third union, followed in rather rapid succession by many more. How even as they were forming, the workers were killed, beaten, and destroyed in various ways.

These days, when a union slowly disbands, so do many of the basic protections which were earned over decades of strikes and negotiations. As the protections are stripped down, the workers find themselves with lower wages, skimpier health insurance, and more.

In other words, people die because the protective layers have been removed.
livinglava

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2020 05:56 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

You do not have a good understanding of union history. What life and working conditions were like prior to the establishment of the first and second and third union, followed in rather rapid succession by many more. How even as they were forming, the workers were killed, beaten, and destroyed in various ways.

These days, when a union slowly disbands, so do many of the basic protections which were earned over decades of strikes and negotiations. As the protections are stripped down, the workers find themselves with lower wages, skimpier health insurance, and more.

In other words, people die because the protective layers have been removed.

Have you analyzed what higher wages and 'less skimpy' health insurance do the economy and climate more broadly? All these people who want to drive and fly around and go out in boats and visit all these places and stay in hotels, etc. that's the reward it takes to pay for 'less skimpy' health insurance and higher wages because that is the level of spoiled that has been normalized by union-driven economies.

If you want health care that doesn't break the climate, you need more health care workers providing quality care for less. Even teachers, who are always complaining about making so much less than other professionals, drive cars instead of using transit or walking, take trips and stay in hotels, etc. People just haven't come to terms with how the vast majority of people need to live to stop the climate from degenerating.

How can unions be a good thing when they fight for standards of living that are harmful to climate sustainability?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 04:52:47