The purpose of the brain

mark noble

Wed 27 May, 2020 01:42 pm
@livinglava,
By what measure is your judgement valid? Yours?

Have a lovely day
livinglava

Wed 27 May, 2020 02:05 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

By what measure is your judgement valid? Yours?

Have a lovely day

Only by readers who fully understanding my meaning.

Even if I measure my own judgment as valid, that doesn't mean I will be able to convince others if theirs isn't.
mark noble

Wed 27 May, 2020 02:23 pm
@livinglava,
So - You feel validated by affirmative respondees - The more the merrier?

Maybe 'merryier', have forgotten.

Being valuable is not the same as feeling valued, LL.

Everything is equal in value.
Have a lovely day
livinglava

Wed 27 May, 2020 02:40 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

So - You feel validated by affirmative respondees - The more the merrier?

If I do feel validated, that feeling is temporary; but if I exchange thoughts with someone and either or both of us progresses in our own development, that makes a permanent different in at least one small corner of the universe.

Quote:
Being valuable is not the same as feeling valued, LL.

It's good if you can continue to produce value when/if you don't feel valued.

Quote:
Everything is equal in value.
Have a lovely day

I don't know that I agree, but it is a nebulous-enough statement that there's probably an interpretation that would allow me to agree with you.
yovav

Fri 29 May, 2020 04:23 am
@chai2,
dedication, decision, judgement etc is absulutly not a the Will
the Will is inner factor that drives us into action
It's the inner essence of each of us That prioritizes our priorities in life

chai2

Fri 29 May, 2020 12:35 pm
@yovav,
Could I get some dressing with that word salad?

Inner essence?
Inner factor?

Inside what?

You need to denfine what you mean by inner essence & inner factor.

How do you measure it, what does it look like, how are you showing it's in each of us, etc etc.?

None of this is getting anyone any closer to the "purpose of the brain"

The purpose of the brain is to store memories, control movements and functions of our body, and process information

akaDebacle

Fri 29 May, 2020 01:36 pm
@chai2,
The raison d'être is to function as a soft drive. No?
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 29 May, 2020 01:43 pm
@chai2,
Our inner essence is what defines all our precious bodily fluids. Unerstand Mandrake?
chai2

Fri 29 May, 2020 01:54 pm
@farmerman,
Sorry, my yellow bile humors are overpowering my phlegm today.

I'm in need of a bloodletting. Where's my fleam knife? Or at least some leaches.

0 Replies

mark noble

Mon 1 Jun, 2020 10:54 am
@livinglava,
Each, small, candle - Lights a corner of the Dark:)
'Roger Waters' (I agree)

Have A Lovely Day
0 Replies

glitterbag

Mon 1 Jun, 2020 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Our inner essence is what defines all our precious bodily fluids. Unerstand Mandrake?

Isn't that a line from "Doctor Strangelove"
maxdancona

Mon 1 Jun, 2020 03:08 pm
@glitterbag,
That it is. One of the most important movies ever made.

Quote:
Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake:
Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

General Jack D. Ripper:
Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper:
Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper:
I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.

Quote:
I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 02:05 am
@yovav,
For what it’s worth..My view is that the organ “The Brian” is just hardware with preprogrammed software within it.The brain is a reasoning MACHINE.Information can be inputted into it and reasonings are outputted from it.The real you processes the outputs and then determines via the Will.Input imbalance or only half the required information (or in other words rubbish) you will get rubbish out.You can get embroiled within the brain or stuck in your head all the time.Not good.This is why consciousness states and the understanding of them is important.
nacredambition

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 04:35 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
For what it’s worth..
Jasper10

Sat 13 Jun, 2020 04:42 am
@nacredambition,
Take it or leave it.Personal experience is the only way.If you are looking for someone to provide evidence for your own personal experiences then you will be waiting for an awful long time my friend.Eternity in fact.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Wed 17 Jun, 2020 06:27 am
@Jasper10,
There is two parts to the brain/mind/consciousness states.Call them what you want.One can be described as the manual or in the moment state or can also be described as the observing state of mind.One has generally come out of oneself in this state as opposed to being in the within consciousness state or autopilot state or thinking state of mind.Most people have absolutely no idea of these things.Once one gets to grip with them then the 3 parts to our make up becomes more apparent I.e the physical body including the reasoning brain;the you; and the I am concepts.Only personal experience of these things will convince an individual.Most people are looking for evidence of the above all the time.What has that got to do with anything? An individual needs to experience it for themselves.
Jasper10

Sat 4 Jul, 2020 02:31 am
@Jasper10,
Trying to understand CONSCIOUSNESS is the next big thing.It frightens SECULAR scientists because they know that they will need to become part of the experiment inorder to understand the true nature of it.
izzythepush

Sat 4 Jul, 2020 06:40 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Mandrake?

That sounds like what the pokemon Boy George evolves into.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Mon 6 Jul, 2020 12:36 pm
@Jasper10,
The brain is an organ that we engage/disengage with.We can experience this literally by coming into an understanding of the autopilot and manual consciousness states i.e. the in the moment and not in the moment consciousness states.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Mon 15 May, 2023 04:08 am
@yovav,
The brain is an organ that fulfills a function like the other organs of the body. It processes data.

The reason modern day science isn’t even close to understanding or explaining how the brain /mind works is because it has GUESSED (which isn’t science) a philosophical logic and used that logic to base all it‘s invented scientific theories and mathematical calculations on.

This means that all of modern day science WILL fail and we are seeing the start of this with the failure of the single big bang theory. They already know that all their flag ship theories have failed by observation but are too embarrassed to admit it.

You simply cannot explain the working of the brain/mind adopting modern day sciences half logic theories.

The foundation for modern day scientific theories is good is bad and bad is good or +=- and -=+.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that GUESS but to take it into science and claim it as a fact is an error philosophically.

Modern day science has done this by guessing/claiming that a + electromagnetic force is the same as a - electromagnetic force and that these forces cancel out so that there is a need to invent new forces which is precisely why we have ended up with mythical forces invented from massaged and manipulated mathematics.

The brain functions due to + and - interacting electromagnetic forces which have NOT been cancelled out because of the formula +/-=+/-
0 Replies