The New Posts Button

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 10:06 am
Maybe it's me, but I have a hard time getting into this site . Maybe the new posts button has to be more accessable at all times??? It helps to see all the most recent posts quickly .Maybe even the question formatting should be readdressed. It still seems hard to figure things out here.... I think your front page should be redesigned for greater entrance. It's great but vague. I think asking a question should be paramount like very easy to do.Should be right under the search maybe?

Something cyberneatco0ol.

Welcome people in and ask them whats on their mind? A button called the able to know mind.

A llifesizebrain in all it's hhidiousglory waiting for you to type in a question.Then depending what area you send it to, that part of the brain will light up.Now you should be able to skip all of this too, but the pathways to the subject topics should co relate to that actual area of the brain.So you see your question go to the appropriate part of the brain. Now if you stick with it and don't browse ahead. Then when someone responds, that part of the brain fires up, you actually see it on the sscrean and then it sends forth your message from that part of the brain.

Like I said maybe it's me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 989 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2003 06:17 pm
Dunno about the brain but the home page is slated for redesign (in fact the whole site with the exception of the forums will be overhauled next) and yes, asking questions will be more prominently featured on the home page.

now about the brain.....
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2003 09:18 pm
Algis, I'm ashamed to say I'm nearly computer illiterate.
Learning this program was hard for me. Probably because I fight it and defy the damn machine to make me learn it.

You at least seem to know the jargon.

Do you know the experiment that was done to compare the abilty of middle sschool chidren, high school, B.A.s. MA.s and P.h.d.s
The test was to unwrap a new VCR, hook it to a TV, and program the TV to a specific program. The young kids came in first and the PHDs last.

It is not because PHDs are dumb. I believe it's because they follow the manual to a "t", are supercareful not break anything, and need to be sure, in advance, that they are doing the right thing.

Keep at it. If I can use the program, anybody can. Labas!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 02:13 pm
Labas ! BillyFalcon, It's not that it's too hard,I just found that when I was over seas and we tryed to access it before our bus left the terminal, I could not remember how to get to a place where you were to type a question in. I only thought that might slow some people down , and thus move on. I was only concerned that the site might grow a little more rapidly if these few things were just a bit easier to do.

The VCR thing is truely amazing. I've seen some youngsters come in and just naturally figure a software program right out. How they do and why is an amazing question of the human potential. Sudial
0 Replies