Humans - our part in development

NealNealNeal

Sun 24 May, 2020 06:15 pm
@maxdancona,
The environment also plays a role If I flipped a coin in mud, the probably of it ending up tails is less than 1/2.
maxdancona

Sun 24 May, 2020 06:26 pm
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

The environment also plays a role If I flipped a coin in mud, the probably of it ending up tails is less than 1/2.

That goes in the random thread, Neal.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 24 May, 2020 06:27 pm
@livinglava,
There are many people who think that telling a lie is morally acceptable (depending on subjective context).

There are many people who think that gouging out someone's eye for the purpose of punishment or vengeance is morally inacceptable.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 24 May, 2020 06:46 pm
I have to stick up for the Satanists here (I am not one of them). Satan is mainly a Christian deity (although he has been co-opted by Muslims. Satanism is clearly a counter to what many see as the evil done by Christianity.

This is from the rather amusing Satanist Prayer to open up a city council meeting in Florida. Living in a secular democracy means that anyone gets an equal spot in government functions.

It is amusing because...

1. His prayer is pretty good. It is a call to reason, not a call to evil.
2. The guy is quite a good singer.
3. The Christians trying to disrupt him (that he is clearly trolling) are hilarious. It made for great theater.

Quote:

Let us embrace the Luciferian impluse and eat of the Tree of Knowledge and dissipate our comforting delusions of old.

Let us demand that individuals be judged for their concrete actions, not their fealty to arbitrary social norms and illusory categorizations. Let us reason our solutions with agnosticism in all things.

Holding fast only to things that are demonstrably true...

Hail Satan!

NealNealNeal

Sun 24 May, 2020 06:59 pm
@maxdancona,
I would be a far different person if I were not a Christian. What Jesus taught and did amazing to me. He did the exact opposite of "survival of the fittest". He has radically changed my life.
maxdancona

Sun 24 May, 2020 07:57 pm
@NealNealNeal,
You don't know that Neal. This type of religious transformation is not unique to Christians. Maybe you would be the same had you met Buddha, or Muhammad, or Krishna.

I was a Christian for many years, and at one time in my life I would have likely said the same thing about what Jesus taught me. There came a time when Jesus no longer made sense given the place I was in life. A little while I left religion. Jesus was remarkably silent in a time when I would have needed Him.

My life has improved quite a bit since I left the Christian religion. How my life would have been if I had decided to stay, who can say?
NealNealNeal

Sun 24 May, 2020 09:36 pm
@maxdancona,
One major difference between Hinduism ( and the religions that came from Hinduism) and Christianity is how Nirvana is achieved. In other religions YOU achieve it. I could never achieve it by myself. In Christianity, peace is given to you by God. In addition, a Christian develops a personal relationship with God
God has taught me to love people even though I tend to ask Him why I should do that. I am naturally more suited to be a Muslim. People have truly angered me during the first 30 years of my life. I would have been delighted to have become a terrorist. However, the love of Jesus stopped me in my tracks.
My faith is not in "Christians". It is in Jesus and what He has done for me and His "sanctifying" action in my life.
I question Catholicism. To me Mother Teresa should have been Pope because she was a lot like Jesus. I also differ with some evangelicals about "judging" how non-believers act. I am satisfied with God working to make me a better person.
My one difficulty is about Judgment Day. I would rather that all people go to heaven. However, I am not holy.
mark noble

Mon 25 May, 2020 09:05 am
@yovav,
So, you 'believe' yourself, and all humans, seperate from 'Nature', 'Source' due to 'different' ideals?

Thus - negating 'Source' and assuming 'Godhood'?

Have a Lovely Day
maxdancona

Mon 25 May, 2020 09:12 am
@NealNealNeal,
I doubt you know very much about Hinduism or about Islam.

Let me ask you this question: If you went to a Hindu teacher, and they explained that Christians are all about conformity and control... what would you say? Obviously, someone who learns about what it means to be a Christian from someone who actually has experience being a Christian. Someone who learns about about it means to be a Christian from a Hindu isn't going to know what the hell what they are talking about.

If you want to know what Hinduism is about, you should talk to someone who is actually a Hindu.

I have personal experience with this. In Christian Sunday school I was told what Muslims and Hindus believe. I was surprised when I met actual Muslims and Hindus that I was taught about their religion was awfully wrong.
maxdancona

Mon 25 May, 2020 09:13 am
@NealNealNeal,
I have zero respect for Mother Teresa. I believe she was an awful person... she put her religious dogma over the actual needs of human beings.
mark noble

Mon 25 May, 2020 09:18 am
@maxdancona,
I agree, Max - On the "Many" paths to 'Source'.

I'd like to add.

Jesus (Source-conduit) wasn't 'silent' - Or, Rather - Your ego, in a time of 'crisis' overwhelmed the presence, of 'source'.

Do you recall 'Footprints (In the Sand)'?

You're Still on lifes' journey, Sir. Make of it what suits. Don't blame Jesus. You are stronger, now, than ever before - -

Have a Lovely Day
mark noble

Mon 25 May, 2020 09:25 am
@maxdancona,
Her final words were.

'My only regret is that I never knew (Met) God'
No idea if that's true - Heard it from unsubtantiatable sources.

I've Never studied Her. If anyone would like to fill me in, do incline toward doing so, please.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 25 May, 2020 09:27 am
@mark noble,
Nah... Jesus screwed up one time too many. He kept on begging me to come back, but I am done. I threw out his toothbrush and his deodorant from my apartment and I have moved on.

I wish Him the best, but no.
mark noble

Mon 25 May, 2020 09:32 am
@NealNealNeal,
Well Done Neal!

I recognise your spirit, Sir.
Have a lovely sojourn.

0 Replies

mark noble

Mon 25 May, 2020 09:40 am
@maxdancona,
I'm No Preacher, Max - Nor do I care where your strength originates.

But - Your Anger and disillusionment about Jesus' Lack of 'investment' in you (Seeing as you'd invested So much time in Him) is a chat worthy of my participation - Should you choose.

Have a lovely Day
NealNealNeal

Mon 25 May, 2020 10:54 am
@maxdancona,
My spirit has always known about a personal God. However, I was taught in school that God didn't exist. Therefore, there was a conflict between my spirit and my brain my brother was an atheist. He taught me that God did not exist.
I studied Hinduism at school but did not believe in it Buddhism did not impress me either.
It was obvious that I was a "sinner". However, it didn't matter to me because all people are sinners
Someone presented the gospel to me I was astonished at the idea that Almighty God would die for my sins. However, the Holy Spirit kept on telling my spirit that the gospel was true After a month I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
My relationship with God grew stronger and stronger. I knew that Jesus was who He claimed to be. Since Islam does not acknowledge that, I rejected it as not being true
maxdancona

Mon 25 May, 2020 11:25 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
But - Your Anger and disillusionment about Jesus' Lack of 'investment' in you (Seeing as you'd invested So much time in Him) is a chat worthy of my participation - Should you choose.

I am not angry at Jesus. I told you I wish Him the best. We had a relationship for many years, and then things stopped working. He never could accept my friends... but the real problem was when he threw the furniture around (he kept on overturning the tables).

It is hard to have a relationship with someone who thinks he is the beginning and the end of everything.

But I moved on. Jesus will find there are other fish in the sea. I truly wish him the best.

A friend of me asked me what happened between me and Jesus, I said "I changed, Jesus never changes". That pretty much explains what happened.
livinglava

Mon 25 May, 2020 11:31 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

A friend of me asked me what happened between me and Jesus, I said "I changed, Jesus never changes". That pretty much explains what happened.

Jesus appears to change depending on your perspective. One day your ego will collapse under its own weight and your perspective will suddenly change to appreciate the rarity of unconditional love and forgiveness, which does not exist in this world of sin.
NealNealNeal

Mon 25 May, 2020 12:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Are there any sympathetic Christians who are available to you? It would be nice for you to talk to someone.
It appears as if Satan is lying to you about God I will pray for you
Meanwhile, you need to talk to a compassionate person.
God loves you and wants the very best for you. If you want, please read the first 3 chapters of Ephesians. It explains what God has done for His people.
0 Replies

mark noble

Mon 25 May, 2020 12:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Ideas Never change, Max - I agree.
The interpretation of such 'Ideas' is ever-developing, nonetheless.

And we each reap that which we sow - For we are that which is both.
Or not, perhaps?

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies