Humans - our part in development

Olivier5

Wed 1 Jul, 2020 11:23 pm
Next to where I live, there's a sculpture called "homeless Jesus". It's a bench, at street level, on which a man is sleeping. Not many tourists and pilgrims notice it though, I guess they take it for a real tramp sleeping on a real bench.

Whatever you did for the least among you, you did for me..... and whatever you did not do for the least of these, you did not do for me either. (Mat 25)

mark noble

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 06:28 am
@Olivier5,
'ID' appears (To me) as 'Identity'.
I assumed you were advising Leadfoot to dispense with his 'Identity' (ID-ENTITY) (Another story) - Which is Contrary to the dissolution of 'ego'.

An Historical record of events.

(I'm Not keen on using 'An/an' before words beginning with 'H/h' anymore - Never grew into it - Am now Free)

1. A Historical record of events?
2. Part Fact - Part Myth?
3. A secondary account of a primary misinterpretation?
4. A Symbolic record of events?
5. Part symbolic - Part esoteric?
6. As Real as was (At that time) interpretable...

How 'REALITY' (Albeit subjectively observed) Was interpreted 500, 2,000, 12,000yrs-ago is NOT how it is Now.

As the Sumerian Genesis was passed down, orally, it was refashioned by many - Before it hit the 'Written Form'.
That was until we found the Sumerian texts.

Within which we discovered earlier origins of the 'Now' labelled 'Hebrewic' Genesis.

We have Hermetic (Thothian) inflectives, Atlantean inflectives, Nephalimic, Enlilic and Anuic inflectives - By the time it reaches the, roughshod, era of the Canaanic-resettlement of 'Moses'' (Actually 'Akhen...) exodus-refugees - It is Formulated to Suit the mindset of the 'day'.

As for 'Intelligent' Design... Please Define?

Thankyou, Oliver.
You paid No heed to my 'expletive' directive - Why?

Have a Lovely Day
mark noble

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 06:47 am
@Leadfoot,
I'm having a response called 'laughter' (Of the 'well impressed' by your 'mirror' response - Kind).

A 'Perfect' representation of the 'Great' 'Divide'.

I could have gone with 'LOL', 'HaHaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!', etc.
But I find such 'Insincere' and 'appointed'

I'm done with both.

Maybe I'm (Ambiguously) perceiving what you wrote as 'Ego-bereft'? But I Trust in my Reality, and fundaments thereof, without question.

Thanks, Lead, - You made an awesome day even more complete.

Have a lovely Day

mark noble

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 06:51 am
@Olivier5,
Matthews' Gospel is an embelished Recant of Mark.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 07:07 am
@mark noble,
The Epic of Atraḥasis makes for interesting reading, as humans are created by gods with clay (mixed with the blood of a slaughtered god) in order to reduce the workload of the gods. So human beings are created to work.
mark noble

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 07:16 am
@Olivier5,
From Kronos and Horus - Interesting - I'll delve into it Now.

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 07:31 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

There is truth to what you are saying. However, God doesn't simply dismiss the unfair actions of the poor. It is unfair to people who legally apply for entry into the U.S....

Have you read the Bible? Jesus talks about not passing judgement on the poor. Jesus talks about "turning the other cheek" and compassion and forgiveness.

Show me the passage where Jesus said "I won't help you my child because you have broken the law"..... Quite the contrary, Jesus was attacked by religious hypocrites for breaking the law himself.

I don't know if you have ever met an undocumented immigrants, or of you have ever taken the time to listen to the problems they face.

I have.

For you to look at someone and say I can't care for you or meet your needs because you broke American laws is the least Christlike thing I can imagine.
mark noble

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 07:40 am
@Olivier5,
'ATRAHASIS' Not 'Atra_Asis'

I was under the impression A NEW Relative Rabbithole was opening.... Atrahasis.

Not So.

Sumer (Babylon) Uruk (Iraq) Mesopotamia (Nation midst great waters) Tigris/Euphrates (Gihon/Pishon) Assemblage - Eden (SE Turkey)... Narrative ... relative? No.

Why are you 'digging'?

Ask a question?

You Have NOT EVER responded, with any commitment, to 'EVEN' one... of mine. Not ONCE!.

Get Back, Oliver.

Have a nice day

NealNealNeal

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 08:28 am
@Olivier5,
It was oral teaching at the time of Jesus.
mark noble

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 08:48 am
@NealNealNeal,
Is it not so (Oral-teaching) now?

Yes - It's in Print - But the 'Teaching/s' thereof are still 'Orally' (Word) transmitted. 'Choice' Words, at that... Perhaps?

Have A Lovely Day
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 09:13 am
@maxdancona,
Ok Max.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 11:04 am
@mark noble,
What questions have I not answered???
Olivier5

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 11:07 am
@NealNealNeal,
Whatever preexisting oral tradition fed into the Talmud, doesn't change the fact that these were selected, assembled, and written down in the actual book called "the Talmud" a good 3 centuries after Jesus.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Thu 2 Jul, 2020 12:43 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Maybe I'm (Ambiguously) perceiving what you wrote as 'Ego-bereft'? But I Trust in my Reality, and fundaments thereof, without question.

Thanks, Lead, - You made an awesome day even more complete.
Most welcome Mark, Always glad when I can do that.

I’m conflicted on the question of ego. I’m not sure if it is the thing that plagues us the most or not. I did notice I was able to see everything more clearly after I stopped caring about how others saw me. Maybe that is ego loss.

It was very freeing as well. I was much better able to see things from the perspective of others. Sometimes that made me more compassionate and open. But Sometimes I saw monsters where before I saw virtues. How this relates to ego I am not sure.
mark noble

Sat 11 Jul, 2020 08:42 am
@Olivier5,
Any

Have a lovely Sojourn
mark noble

Sat 11 Jul, 2020 09:07 am
@Leadfoot,
Metaphorically speaking: How can One truly absorb Ones' own journey when One constantly reflects upon said journey from other than Ones' own perspective?

Kinda like 'being sat on the upper deck (of a bus) and trying to imagine the ride from the lower deck.

Having No thought for Others' impression/opinion of you - IS A MASSIVE 'Ego-dump', btw.

It eradicates vanity, self-limitation, pride and self-adornment in one fell sweep.

Have a lovely Sojourn
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 11 Jul, 2020 09:49 am
@Leadfoot,
As for the 'dualistic' pole-reversal effect - As One perceives, ie, folly as wise - Upon reversal - folly becomes 'unwise' (folly).

And seeing (Perceiving) things for what they ARE and Not what you, previously, aligned unto - Is the 'Shredding of Alignment Effect'.

Ultimately, Lead - As One Labels, One creates.
Change the 'label' - Change the Creation.

Sidestory: A colleague of mine, recently-ish, berated another colleagues' behaviour, unto me (He was frustrated because she'd stood in his way - Idly chatting - Without consideration for His gridlocked situation - It is a workplace, NOT a social-club, afterall) - He used words like: Arrogant, retarded, obnoxious, various expletives, etc.

I said, in response - "If you 'paint' the Landscape Black, Rob - It is you, alone, Will tread upon said 'Black' landscape".

Doubt he 'got' it - Because He, now, refers to her as the 'Black Landscape'.

She is a white-skinned lady with mental health issues (Before anyone assosciates my 'response' 'otherwise')

Last sentence wasn't for you, Lead - Just thought I'd clarify - So General-population remains unoffended.

Have a lovely Sojourn
Olivier5

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 12:40 am
@mark noble,
Any that couldn't be answered by Google?
mark noble

Mon 13 Jul, 2020 08:09 am
@Olivier5,
Oliver.

Why post?

You stated Genesis as mythology.
I asked you why?

Now we're in the Twilight Zone.
What's the point?

Have a lovely Day
Leadfoot

Tue 14 Jul, 2020 08:01 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
And seeing (Perceiving) things for what they ARE and Not what you, previously, aligned unto - Is the 'Shredding of Alignment Effect'.
Harder than it sounds. But worth it I think.
0 Replies